Crown Princess --Covered or Uncovered Cabins

kruzin'

Riveria deck -cabin R226- do you know if it is covered...1/2 covered or entirely open.
The balcony is covered.

The only deck with half-covered/half-uncovered balcony cabins is Caribe deck. The balconies are much larger at 9'x9' vs. the standard (and Riviera deck) 9'x5'.

The only deck with uncovered balconies are the Dolphin deck mini-suites.

All other balconies are covered' date=' including the Emerald deck mini-suites.

Here's a photo of the Crown Princess. Riviera deck balconies are fully covered with an overhang from Lido above.

[img']https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-8KDh1kp2Kt0/USpS0HxECNI/AAAAAAAAG5A/xORbH8jsgbc/s640/DSC00774.JPG[/img]

when I am sitting on the balcony will I be able to see the water?..the princess web site shows the railing as frosted but it could just be the angle of the photo...thanks

Your eye level will be at or near the rail level, and below the rail you can see the water through a clear blue shaded plastic panel. Above the rail, your view is unobstructed. If you look carefully at the picture that Pam posted above, you can clearly see that on the Dolphn deck (immediately above the lifeboats) there are chairs visble. When one is seated on the chair, ones head will be just about at the rail level. Since you can see the chairs in the picture through the blue panels, the chairs can see you, if you know what I mean. Riviera is set up the same way, only the balocny will be a bit smaller. But the overall effect will be the same.

thanks......... I could not imagine sitting on a balcony and not being able to see the water. as an fyi...do you know why the balcony color is blue instead of clear?

The water is prettier when you are looking through blue-colored glasses. :) Seriously, you won't even notice the blue. Enjoy your balcony!

do you know why the balcony color is blue instead of clear?

I do not. Maybe it shows less salt spray? Maybe it provides some level of cooling effect or screening if the sun is beating down on the balcony? I don't think they are polarized like sunglasses.

Archived