beds apart or together ??

imae39

Just booked a category I cabin on Zuiderdam. We have stayed in K insides several times and always had the beds separated so we would have a center aisle.

I see the shape of the I cabins is different so wonder how the bed(s) is situated. If together as a queen is there plenty of room on either side?

They will arrange the bed configuration to your choice. HAL has recently revised what the letters are designated for some staterooms, (it has to do with marketing) but they are still pretty much the same. You can be pretty sure that the steward will visit you on the first day to make sure everything is to your liking.

HAL has recently revised what the letters are designated for some staterooms, (it has to do with marketing) but they are still pretty much the same.
That doesn't go into effect until next Spring (Mar/Apr) so right now it's a confusing mish-mash of current and future. When someone asks a question now you often can't tell whether it's the present designation or what their reservation is for next summer. :(

I choose to presume it is for now.

I'm sorry no one has come along who can actually answer your question. The thing is that most of us have never sailed in an I-category cabin on the Vista/Signature ships.

I do know that those cabins are larger still than the huge insides on Main Deck. I know from personal experience that the insides on Main Deck may or may not have a lot of space on one side, depending on the configuration of the cabin. In connecting cabins, there will be one very wide aisle on the side of the bed next to the closets. Cabins which are not connecting have narrow aisles on both sides in those cabins when the beds are together.

I do not know if the Main Deck inside info is true for the I-category cabins, but would guess that it is.

Perhaps you can check some of the pictures on Joanie's site? The link is in a sticky at the top of the page.

Archived