Formal nights in Chops

How dressed up do people get in Chops on formal nights? I understand formal nights do not apply to Chops.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Smart Casual is the suggested attire for any of the Specialty Restaurants on any night. That does not mean that a "jacket" is required.:D

How dressed up do people get in Chops on formal nights? I understand formal nights do not apply to Chops.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We usually go to Chops ON formal night..after 28 cruises, we're done with formal nights..I wear a nice Tommy Bahama shirt with dockers, DW wears a dress or skirt/blouse...but agree with other posts, some dress more formal, others more casual...but you do NOT need to wear a jacket if you're male or MUST wear gown if female...after we eat, my wife usually goes back to the cabin & put her sneaks on.....

Formal night in the MDR offers you the best meals! We been on many RC cruises during formal night and trust me you see everything as far as what to wear, my other half and his dad never wear a jacket just a nice shirt and dress pants (dockers fine too) and I wear black pants and nice blouse so no need to worry that you have to dress formal on these evenings. Make it what you want.

Chops is business casual (dockers and collard shirt long or short sleeve for men). I wear capris and nice top we fit in perfectly.

Wife and I dine twice in Chops and twice in Potofino's on a seven nighter. On the upcoming FOS in September have booked first formal night in Chops, second in Portofino's...because it's formal evening,,,,black sport coat and tie for me,,,,other wise,it's just up to how you feel as long as you have a collared shirt.

Archived