Noordam VA Balcony Deck 10

orgutierrez

Hello, I have finally decided to make a pre-reservation on the Noordam departing the 15th August on a VA (Balcony Stateroom) the 10019. I was wondering if anyone had photos of these cabins and if the balcony is bigger than any other category in the Noordam. The only cabins HAL offered me were all in the Observation Deck, just below the Crow's Nest, and I have seen lots of images where there aren't any cabins below the Crow's Nest on the Noordam, is it just me or the Noordam has been refurbished?

Of the VA cabins on deck 10, is there any cabin with a bigger balcony than any other or all of them have the same size?

Thanks a lot!

... and I have seen lots of images where there aren't any cabins below the Crow's Nest on the Noordam, is it just me or the Noordam has been refurbished?
Yes, all of those cabins on deck 10 were added in the dry dock in April/May (this year), and I haven't seen any pictures of them yet either, inside or outside. Old deck plans will show an open deck area with lots of loungers. Edited by jtl513

• 3 months later...

I was in cabin 10019 on the Noordam in August. The cabin itself was fine, I think that it was even bigger but the balcony was tiny, we were four and when two/three of us were out there we were packed like sardines. I will post some pictures when I arrive home.

I believe these rooms have juliet balconies. These are usually very small and only a couple of feet in depth. I do not believe they even have room for a chair.

Here is a link to a picture of the balcony from the outside....see the upper right hand corner....

http://www.pbase.com/510picker/image/130610631/original.jpg

They should be similar to the deck 10 cabins on Eurodam and N. Amsterdam. Check Joanie's Sticky for pictures of those. The balconies are not large.

Actually he emailed me before posting this thread and unfortunatel, I have nothing for Noordams new Deck 10 VA Staterooms since they were added.

I also thought they would be similar but different (does that make sense?) to the 2 Signature class ships and gave him the links.

EDITED TO ADD: SparklingBlonde, the Julienne Balconys are only on the Eurodam. HAL SAW the "Error" of their design and changed them on the Nieuw Amsterdam, and I believe subsequent rebuilds.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

EDITED TO ADD: SparklingBlonde, the Julienne Balconys are only on the Eurodam. HAL SAW the "Error" of their design and changed them on the Nieuw Amsterdam, and I believe subsequent rebuilds.

Joanie

I think you mean "Juliette" ... as "Julienne" is usually associated with carrots ;)

• 4 months later...

I just stayed in room 10018 on the Noordam (Feb 28-Mar10 2014). A lovely room with all new furnishings. It seemed smaller than most balcony staterooms on Carnival and Princess that I have occupied. First time on HAL. The balcony was small, but rectangular in ship consistent with the shape of the hull. It had two chairs, one with an ottoman, but they had to be configured fore and aft, rather than athwarships due to the fact that the balcony extended out only about 3 and a half feet. The pictures of the Noordam on the HAL site are not accurate, nor are the available onboard pictures. I have some and will send them via email if anyone provides an email address. I can not figure out how to upload them. Maybe someone else can get them from me and upload them.

The pictures of the Noordam on the HAL site are not accurate, nor are the available onboard pictures. I have some and will send them via email if anyone provides an email address.
Just attach them to an email sent to pictures@halfacts.com. If you have a lot, send multiple emails. This is a non-profit site being run by three volunteer CC members. Check halfacts.com for examples of other photos, and much other valuable information.

How to submit a photo

We are always looking for more photos. If you have one to submit, please email it to pictures@halfacts.com. Be sure to include the ship name, cabin number and classification. Feel free to provide any other details on the cabin, such as measurements of a balcony, notes on specific cabin layouts, etc.

HALfacts.com Terms & Conditions:

HALFacts.com is pleased to present information on cruising on Holland America Lines. All content has been provided by individuals who have cruised on the various ships of Holland America. Submission of pictures and comments to pictures@halfacts.com grants permission to use the information on this website. All pictures and comments remain the property of the submitter who must provide permission for any other use. HALfacts.com makes no modification to pictures other than sizing. Inasmuch as submission of pictures to the email pictures@HALfacts.com indicates agreement to the terms and conditions, all photos or media must be submitted in this fashion.

Edited by jtl513

• 6 months later...
I just stayed in room 10018 on the Noordam (Feb 28-Mar10 2014). A lovely room with all new furnishings. It seemed smaller than most balcony staterooms on Carnival and Princess that I have occupied. First time on HAL. The balcony was small, but rectangular in ship consistent with the shape of the hull. It had two chairs, one with an ottoman, but they had to be configured fore and aft, rather than athwarships due to the fact that the balcony extended out only about 3 and a half feet. The pictures of the Noordam on the HAL site are not accurate, nor are the available onboard pictures. I have some and will send them via email if anyone provides an email address. I can not figure out how to upload them. Maybe someone else can get them from me and upload them.

Hi wallymax, could you possibly email me the pictures of the room ? We are thinking of booking this room on a cruise next year. We are finding it hard to find any pictures of these new cabins. My email is: whitey76@internode.on.net

Thanks for your time

We have been given one of these balcony cabins for our cruise now in november .and would love to see the pictures !!

email is, amportals@yahoo.com

Thank you so much !!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Wallymax, I book a cabin deck 10 (# VB10018 stateroom) on the ms Noordam and I'd like the photos you took in his cabin and especially the balcony, I'm curious to see the size of the balconies .

Here is my email address: claude.gsxr@hotmail.com

Thank you

Edited by blue ridge parkway

I believe these rooms have juliet balconies. These are usually very small and only a couple of feet in depth. I do not believe they even have room for a chair.

Here is a link to a picture of the balcony from the outside....see the upper right hand corner....

http://www.pbase.com/510picker/image/130610631/original.jpg

No, the rounded Juliette balconies shown in that picture are ONLY on the Eurodam deck 11. The Noordam deck 10 balconies are rectangular, 4 ft by 9 ft, and have two chairs and a small table.

No, the rounded Juliette balconies shown in that picture are ONLY on the Eurodam deck 11. The Noordam deck 10 balconies are rectangular, 4 ft by 9 ft, and have two chairs and a small table.

Nobody has pictures of his stateroom and balcony !!! Probably someone took it would be nice to watch them.

• 1 year later...
All glass wall then? I've seen pics of solid white wall below the railing. Should we switch to another deck?

Peg

Yes, plexiglas railings. On the Noordam (and all other Vista and Signature ships) only cabins in the range of 4001 to 4042 have the solid steel railings.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...