liberty or brilliance for 5 day cruise?

We are taking my in laws on a 5 day cruise to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary. Our two kids are going--they are 19 and 21--and possibly some nieces and nephews, all in their 20's. The liberty goes to belize and cozumel and the brilliance goes to cayman and cozumel. My in laws don't travel much but they are very active and enjoy the water and sun.

I have been on the LOS but not the brilliance--it is about $100pp cheaper and wondering if anyone could offer opinions on which would be a better fit. I am fine with the smaller ship and while i think my kids would enjoy the flow rider, etc on the liberty, i think they will be just happy to be on a cruise!

any reasons to not do the brilliance?

Thanks!

I would also consider your times in each Port and compare. The Liberty would provide more things to do and have the Ice Skating rink. the Brilliance is a Radiance Class and a beauiful ship offering a lot of views of the ocean. I don't think you will go wrong either way.

thanks for the input--I am leaning towards the brilliance because the cruise is really for them and i think they will feel more comfortable with the smaller ship.

just wanted to make sure there isn't any reasons not to do the brilliance. i do always worry about cayman and the risk of not being able to tender, tho...

thanks for the input--I am leaning towards the brilliance because the cruise is really for them and i think they will feel more comfortable with the smaller ship.

just wanted to make sure there isn't any reasons not to do the brilliance. i do always worry about cayman and the risk of not being able to tender, tho...

Brilliance also does a key west stop instead of cayman on some of its 5night cruises. We're doing key west for new years and cayman in march. If your schedule is flexible, you may want to look at that itinerary.

unfortunately we are needing to go in early january to catch the kids during break from college.

i have been looking at excursions and it is looking a little bleak for belize. there are only 22 ship excursions and it seems that a lot of the local companies are either getting poor reviews or quitting business.

brilliance is looking better!

For the ship I'd pick Liberty but, I've been to Belize on a stop on a carnival cruise and I'm not surprised the local companies aren't getting good reviews. It was probably our least favorite port we have ever been to. Very poverty stricken which was expected but it just seemd rougher there. We did a cave tubing excursion with the ship which was kind of boring and you have to hike back into the woods what seemed like a mile. It was hot and bugs everywhere and a ling walk carrying a big tube. Cayman is definitely much better the Belize in my opinion. Not trying to slam Belieze but wanted to give my opinion. Good luck picking!

Since it's for your in laws 60th, they'd probably enjoy Brilliance better.

I agree. You've already stated the priority is the old folks, and people are still telling you to go on liberty so the kids have a flowrider.....:rolleyes:

Our first 7 cruises were on larger RCCL ships with Royal Promenades, Ice Rinks, Flowriders etc. Our last was on Brilliance in March and we feared we might miss some of that stuff. We didn't!!!:)

We are going to go brilliance i think--we have been to belize twice--once did ruins and once did cave tubing, both ok but not amazing. I think the "youngsters" will just be happy to be on a cruise in january! I personally don't care about the ice rink, flowrider, etc..

Archived