Show Times on Allure

Has anyone noticed that the show times are not really as compatible with main dinner seatings. We have always gone to the "early show" or "late show" depending on our dinner seating. We have sailed on the Allure previously, and it seemed to work out okay; however this time we have a cruise scheduled that show times just opened up for, and it is difficult to find a show time that works with second seating dinner.

I think they are encouraging people to use more MTD, but I have also talked to people who said that their MTD was not always "on time" or that times were not available, and if they just "showed up" that they had to wait 10-15 minutes ......Seems like you can't win!

Oceanaria, for example, has only one 7:30 p.m. show and five shows that are 9:00 p.m. or after. Realize this is vacation, however, going to a show at 10:45 p.m. is kind of late for us ..... after a full day, and a few drinks, I think there will be a lot of people dozing! It also makes it difficult if you have to get up for a shore excursion.

Blue Planet has a 5:00 p.m. on the last night of the cruise; or a 9:00 p.m. or 11:00 p.m. - doesn't work well with packing and getting your luggage out!

I would do the early show, and make it on a night when its not formal night with pictures etc.

Has anyone noticed that the show times are not really as compatible with main dinner seatings. We have always gone to the "early show" or "late show" depending on our dinner seating. We have sailed on the Allure previously, and it seemed to work out okay; however this time we have a cruise scheduled that show times just opened up for, and it is difficult to find a show time that works with second seating dinner.

I think they are encouraging people to use more MTD, but I have also talked to people who said that their MTD was not always "on time" or that times were not available, and if they just "showed up" that they had to wait 10-15 minutes ......Seems like you can't win!

Oceanaria, for example, has only one 7:30 p.m. show and five shows that are 9:00 p.m. or after. Realize this is vacation, however, going to a show at 10:45 p.m. is kind of late for us ..... after a full day, and a few drinks, I think there will be a lot of people dozing! It also makes it difficult if you have to get up for a shore excursion.

Blue Planet has a 5:00 p.m. on the last night of the cruise; or a 9:00 p.m. or 11:00 p.m. - doesn't work well with packing and getting your luggage out!

We did late seating and had no problem with the show times.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Do you remember what times you used - we are having this discussion on our Meet and Mingle board also. Perhaps you went to the "late" shows - we have sailed the Allure previously, a couple of years ago, and don't remember having to do such late shows. Makes it difficult if you have a shore excursion to get up for; or just being tired after a full day.

Main question is around Oceanaria - only one show at 7:30 - rest are at times after 9:00 p.m. Second seating guests would have to do the 7:30 or the other shows at 10:45 p.m.

Same thing with Chicago - one show at 7:00 p.m. - we would have to do the 10:30 p.m. Blue Planet - one show at 5:00 p.m. - again other show would be 11:00 p.m.

Comedy Club has several shows, but many are 8:00 p.m. or later.

We just booked our entertainment for Allure in November and found many of the times that worked with second seating in the MDR to be pretty late, or too close to finishing dinner to work. We're not usually late-night people, so a show ending at midnight is very late for us indeed, even on vacation. We've made our reservations, but it will depend on how we feel after dinner whether we stay up to see the shows.

We are late night people so staying up is no issue. And on the nights we felt we might miss it, we asked our waiter to crank up our service which he did. In the Caribbean we rarely do excursions as we have been there so often, so that is not an issue.

I had late seating in the oasis and I was able to see all the shows, the day at sea had hairspray at 2pm and it worked really good for me. And I don't put my luggage outside anymore, I lost mine last cruise so I rather get off with my luggage

Always try and book Oceania early in the cruise, its cancels often due to weather. If you put it off until the end and it cancels without an option for another day/time you will miss a great show. We had it cancel three times on the Allure and finally they handed out towels to cover ourselves during light rain since the show HAD to go on.

I had late seating in the oasis and I was able to see all the shows, the day at sea had hairspray at 2pm and it worked really good for me. And I don't put my luggage outside anymore, I lost mine last cruise so I rather get off with my luggage

Wish Allure had that option - Chicago is offered at 9:00 p.m. on day 1; 10:30 p.m. on day 2; and 7:00 p.m. on day 3.

An afternoon show on any day would be great!

Always try and book Oceania early in the cruise, its cancels often due to weather. If you put it off until the end and it cancels without an option for another day/time you will miss a great show. We had it cancel three times on the Allure and finally they handed out towels to cover ourselves during light rain since the show HAD to go on.

Totally agree. Wish they offered the show all week - it is only offered on day 1, 2 or 3. Fortunately we are on a back-to-back so it should work out - plus we have seen it before - don't want to miss it however.

Archived