Guarantee bookings

I have booked a cruise departing from Southampton under a guarantee basis and have been told I might not receive my cabin number until I check in at the pier, in which case how can I hand my suitcases over to the porters with no stateroom number on my luggage? I have visions of waiting hours and hours for it to turn up .

Yes, it's a worry travelling down without knowing. But you'll probably be e-mailed details by a day or two ahead.

If not, as Sadie says, there'll be someone at the bag-drop with a list & with spare labels.

JB :)

Also, depends on cruise line and luck.

We booked a guarantee with Celebrity late one Wednesday evening and were assigned our cabin Friday afternoon. We booked about 3 months before travel and still have a month to wait!!

Very happy indeed with the cabin.

We've booked guarantees several times and always had good cabins. Usually you will get your cabin assignment before the cruise--with us we either got it right away or within a month or two.

Sometimes (but fairly rarely) people don't get their cabin # until they arrive at the pier. I have never heard of anyone having to wait around for a cabin once they get there--the cabin number will be ready for you when you arrive.

Archived