Requesting credit for $25 towel charge

What's really sad is that they obviously had enough people stealing the towels that they had to go to this system... Same with the room stewards collecting bathrobes the last night instead of just taking them when they cleaned the room before the new passengers arrived the next day. It just stuns me that someone would steal a towel or bathrobe.

This is why I always grab five or six extra towels off of chairs on our last sea day and turn them in. It always pays to make sure you are running a negative towel balance! :p
So this is how you pay for your cruises - cashing in your negative towel charges?

What's really sad is that they obviously had enough people stealing the towels that they had to go to this system... .

Another problem was that people would take them to the beaches on shore and leave them rather than bring wet, sandy towel back to the ship. I think one person mentioned that the van they hired in one port had seat covers made out of the towels.

Tucker in Texas

[thQUOTE=Donoiv11;39534441]Just catching up on this thread and its a shame this post wasn't even mentioned by anyone else... It's a great question! I was a responsible teenager... Self analysis, I know, but I was a good kid... But after ignoring my parents the firstfew times... After being "threatened" (OPs words) by my parents a couple times, I would have brought it down the last day and would have thrown it on the pile... And probably wouldn't have mentioned that I should have had it back earlier and would like help not getting charged... Not saying it happened here, but I hope the question was asked... 'Cause 20 years from now when you are sitting around the thanksgiving table with your kid... And your kid's kids, ... And they are laughing about how they pulled the wool over your eyes and you posted messages on cruise critic looking for help... And got advice from the world... And got the cruise line to credit you the money... And started a two page thread about parenting skills... When this does happen, you will want to go on record and remind them that you were suspect of their concocted story at the time... :)

JUST SAYIN

Dude, that's hilarious! I can only imagine how they are going to laugh about this years from now.... At how she convinced mom that she turned it in and shouldn't pay the money.... All the while she was at the bar drinkin the las drink of the day before getting bad to the real world! Hilarious!!

Maybe if you find enough towels the $25/per will help pay down your bar balance. I never thought about that, but $25 each to pick up some towels seems like a fair wage.

Tom

This is why I always grab five or six extra towels off of chairs on our last sea day and turn them in. It always pays to make sure you are running a negative towel balance! :p

I mean why else would they leave them laying conveniently on chairs all over the place except to remind you to turn a few in and avoid a charge! :D

Archived