Celebrity bargains

cymro100

Do Celebrity ever give good price cuts and if so approximately how long before the cruise?

Celebrity offers a variety of specials throughout the year.

Many of these are found on their web site: Celebritycruises.com

The best deals are published weekly for Tuesday purchases only. many of these are for cruises where most people have already made a final payment... less than 60 days before sailing.

Some special pricing is not available to all countries.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

It's usually not so obvious it's a price cut. For example, they don't say "Save $800!!!" or similar. They just change the price as they feel necessary. And then it's up to the buyer to monitor and see whether they're happy with it and, if so, buy.

Do Celebrity ever give good price cuts and if so approximately how long before the cruise?

I think in the UK it's a little different, not sure if we qualify for the 'Tuesday' specials - maybe someone who's actually booked from the UK, or tried to, will answer.

However, they have some brilliant deals for 2014 for UK cruisers at the moment, on uk/uk cruises (hope that makes sense,lol)

The present offer is on until 31st July, and includes obc and classic alcohol package. Worth checking out.

Good luck

Lou

Celebrity offers a variety of specials throughout the year.

Many of these are found on their web site: Celebritycruises.com

The best deals are published weekly for Tuesday purchases only. many of these are for cruises where most people have already made a final payment... less than 60 days before sailing.

Some special pricing is not available to all countries.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

OP is in Wales aka the UK so no Tuesday deals or access to any deals on the .com site. It frustrates over and over again seeing deals on .com that we cannot access unless they go through a US travel agent. I did get an email from a uk TA today talking about late price deals ex uk on infinity so I am assuming they are the September departures. Cannot say the name of the agent here but perhaps google celebrity cheap fares UK and see what you get

OP is in Wales aka the UK so no Tuesday deals or access to any deals on the .com site. It frustrates over and over again seeing deals on .com that we cannot access unless they go through a US travel agent. I did get an email from a uk TA today talking about late price deals ex uk on infinity so I am assuming they are the September departures. Cannot say the name of the agent here but perhaps google celebrity cheap fares UK and see what you get

Even more annoying when I am sent an email each week telling me about the Tuesday deals!

In reality, we always book as soon as cruises are released and it have been a good number of years since, in the categories we book, it would have been possible to get a better price booking later. However, if we could only book last minute deals for any reason and I was not concerned about which stateroom I had, I would look at the weekend newspaper adds and the various travel and cruise channels on the TV if I wanted a bargain. I have checked these at time [just out of interest] and some, but not all, of them are genuine bargains.

Sue

I booked a cruise when it was first listed. Got a great intro promo price and the cabin that I wanted.

I have been watching the prices and they have increased.

I booked another cruise before the 123 promo. The promo came out and I was able to get the promo but had to give up my SBC and pay the increase in the cost of the cabin. I came out ahead but considering the $300 SBC and the $200 extra I had to pay I doubt that I would have spent that much on drinks. I also had prepaid gratuities from the TA plus $100 SBC. I just wanted to try the bev pack. It is nice to have but it just makes you drink more than normal. Plus without that promo my wife wouldn't let me have it as she says you don't need it.

I then seen a great deal for a cabin during a special. I got $50 SBC from the TA, no prepaid gratuities because of the cost and no 123 promo. After adding up the cost to me for having to pay my own gratuities and the cost of what the bev pack would have cost it would have been better to have paid the regular cabin rate. I booked the cabin at the special rate and drank as I normally would and ended up saving a few dollars but it wasn't that great of a deal to look for or worry about. For the money saved it would have been worth the paying the extra for the freedom of the bev pack.

I think that the early you book a cruise the better the rate will be and gives you more options. You can always cancel or get the perks or price drops if you ask and just have to weigh the costs when the promos come out. Until final payment you hold the cards.

Miched

Your booking saga may be a big turnoff for many. The up and downs, special rates, Tuesday deals, exchanging OBC for the drink

package,etc etc is completely nuts. It almost seems like a game, one with new and constantly changing rules.:eek:

The booking of our Summit cruise was an illustration. When we booked there was a teachers discount.

At that point a regular balcony was a at least 350 less PP then Aqua or Concierge

At month later a regular balcony rates started more then these other 2. Our cabin had risen by 300 while the other's had dropped.

The teachers discount would have disappeared if we made changes.

Then came the 123 promotion. All this is ignoring the "sales" my on-line TA was having.

This also ignores RCI stock credit which may or may not be combined with a myriad of other deals.

Again and again the prices or perks or both would change. In the end we never changed our booking but spent too much time looking at the constant changes.:o

I am not complaining. We were happy with the price we paid and more importantly, the cruise itself but

are all these constantly changing deals rates and programs in the interest of the Celebrity brand ? I don't think so!

Archived