Mr Sanchos on busy port day

5Hawkeyes

I'm looking for information on how crowded Mr Sanchos would be when there are 6 ships in port. I know they put a limit on how many people can enter the all inclusive side, but do they really enforce that and how crowded then is the beach, pool, buffet, drink service, and waterpark on those days. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Our group would consider Nachi but we have multiple kids in our group and it looks a little too laid back for their activity level.

Thanks.

Yeah, Paradise Beach would probably be a zoo, with 6 ships in port...

I just got done booking my Nachi day in April.

We have 5 ships in port, but over 20,000 passengers on them.

(the Allure, Carnival Magic and Epic are in with the Dawn and Brillance OTS)

Since the day is right between spring break for colleges and easter, I'm assuming most of the ships will be packed to capacity rather than the minimum 20,000.

Hope whatever you choose, it turns out to be not packed for you...

Best of luck.

Bill

So is the AI side totally cut off from the pay as you go side?

Do they restrict only the total number of people on the AI side or both sides?

We are doing the AI side in September. We have I think, 3 ships in port that day. Our group is taking kids ranging from 6 thru 14. Just curious how difficult it will be it keep an eye on the kids.

I mean, I don't plan on just letting them run wild while I fall asleep on the beach. But is it going to be like trying to keep an eye on you child in a restaurant with 100 people, or trying to keep an eye on your kid at a county fair with 500 people?

Having trouble with putting the correct link. Just google Mr Sanchos, and click the link beach tours dot com/COLOR]

Do they restrict only the total number of people on the AI side or both sides?

We are doing the AI side in September. We have I think, 3 ships in port that day. Our group is taking kids ranging from 6 thru 14. Just curious how difficult it will be it keep an eye on the kids.

I mean, I don't plan on just letting them run wild while I fall asleep on the beach. But is it going to be like trying to keep an eye on you child in a restaurant with 100 people, or trying to keep an eye on your kid at a county fair with 500 people?

Edited by CENTEX CRUISER

?

The separation is mostly to prevent folks on the AI side form sharing their free drinks with folks on the pay-as-you-go side. I would go ahead and do the AI for your kids (it is a reduced price) -- it makes it so nice not to need to worry about how many sodas or bottles of water they order. ;)

Yes, we've booked the AI side. I was curious though if everyone was thrown together on the beach with a wristband being the sole identifier of AI guests, or if the AI is actually on a separate section of the beach.

Not that I care if they are all thrown together. I just want to know if I will be trying to keep an eye on my 12 year old thru 40 other guests or if it will be a large mass of people. :confused:

I guess the best way of putting it is this.....while I, of course, will use parental guidance and a watchful eye, we are in a foreign country, on a beach, with a lot of people.

As an often "overprotective parent", how much concern should I have if he is not by my immediate side or within direct line of sight the entire time we are there?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm looking for information on how crowded Mr Sanchos would be when there are 6 ships in port. I know they put a limit on how many people can enter the all inclusive side, but do they really enforce that and how crowded then is the beach, pool, buffet, drink service, and waterpark on those days. Any help is greatly appreciated.

So they do put a limit on how many people go there? There will be 7 ships in port when we are there in December.

Can someone confirm the amount of people they allow?

Forgot, I can't post URLs. Go to cozumel water sports . com. You'll find it there.

I went here and it said 44.99 for an adult and 24.99 for a child.

Someone else posted another booking company to use (beach tours) and it says "Reserve from $25.00" So is it actually only $25 with this company or is it a deposit? Why would the other place charge more?

Edited by mitsugirly

We just came back from Mr. Sanchos last week. There were 3 ships in port that day, and Mr. Sanchos was not crowded at all. The water toys are close to the shore and it is easy to watch the kids climbing and swimming. I like that they have buoys surrounding the water park to keep boats away. There is not an actual partition to separate the AI side. We stayed on the a la carte side and I walked down the beach past the AI side. That is when I saw how large Mr. Sanchos is and how they have a ton of chairs. We only stayed 3 hours and that seemed pretty typical for the people on the a la carte side.

We just came back from Mr. Sanchos last week. There were 3 ships in port that day, and Mr. Sanchos was not crowded at all.

It's good to hear that it wasn't crowded (and I know from looking at pictures and reading up that the place is huge) however, 3 ships is a BIG difference compared to having 7 ships in port like there will be the day we are there. There will also be some big ships there like Allure. So without going to an AI, I'm wondering what it will be like. :eek:

So they do put a limit on how many people go there? There will be 7 ships in port when we are there in December.

Can someone confirm the amount of people they allow?

I thought I saw somebody say 200 person limit......

Hopefully somebody will confirm...

I was looking at the site for Mr Sanchos and read this:

The restaurant is a 1,721 sq. ft. location with thatched roof that can host up to 150 people.

On the beach area there are 54 palm huts plus 18 tropical umbrellas that in conjunction with the restaurant allow to host up to 500 people.

If they only allow 200 people, I don't think they would be putting that they can host up to 500 people. :cool: Sigh

I was looking at the site for Mr Sanchos and read this:

The restaurant is a 1,721 sq. ft. location with thatched roof that can host up to 150 people.

On the beach area there are 54 palm huts plus 18 tropical umbrellas that in conjunction with the restaurant allow to host up to 500 people.

If they only allow 200 people, I don't think they would be putting that they can host up to 500 people. :cool: Sigh

I keep reading that Mr. Sanchos has an AI side and a walk in, pay as you go side. (don't know how they could regulate that)

Maybe the 200 limit is for the AI's each day. (maybe wrist bands or something)

Seems to defeat the purpose of a limit, if you allow walk ups to pay as they go!?!?!?! (that is why I would pay my $55 at Nachi, just for the solid 100 limit. )

I'm also curious as Nachi and Mr. Sanchos share a beach, how different the sand is at Mr. Sanchos. (since I never thought about it at Nachi, until you brought up the problems you had in your review)

At least you know going in the snorkeling from shore will be mediocre to poor at best.

Hopefully one of the die-hard Mr. Sanchos folks can give you some solid answers to all the questions for you.

Bill

I keep reading that Mr. Sanchos has an AI side and a walk in, pay as you go side. (don't know how they could regulate that)

Maybe the 200 limit is for the AI's each day. (maybe wrist bands or something)

Seems to defeat the purpose of a limit, if you allow walk ups to pay as they go!?!?!?! (that is why I would pay my $55 at Nachi, just for the solid 100 limit. )

I'm also curious as Nachi and Mr. Sanchos share a beach, how different the sand is at Mr. Sanchos. (since I never thought about it at Nachi, until you brought up the problems you had in your review)

At least you know going in the snorkeling from shore will be mediocre to poor at best.

Hopefully one of the die-hard Mr. Sanchos folks can give you some solid answers to all the questions for you.

Bill

Yea, I'm interested in that too, however when you mentioned that Mr Sanchos is in between Nachi (with the beach I didn't care for and couldnt' even walk in the sinking sand) and Playa Mia (which we loved the beach and it was nothing like Nachi) it makes me wonder too.

Yea, I'm interested in that too, however when you mentioned that Mr Sanchos is in between Nachi (with the beach I didn't care for and couldnt' even walk in the sinking sand) and Playa Mia (which we loved the beach and it was nothing like Nachi) it makes me wonder too.

Playa Mia's beach was good. Correct?

Amazing how much difference a few hundred yards can make on the same shoreline.

Hope someone who has been to Nachi and Mr. Sanchos can answer that for you.

Bill

Playa Mia's beach was good. Correct?

Amazing how much difference a few hundred yards can make on the same shoreline.

Hope someone who has been to Nachi and Mr. Sanchos can answer that for you.

Bill

Yep, Playa Mia had a great beach. Very easy to walk in the sand, gentle slop...awesome beach period. I had no issues with it. It was a much different experience. I remember sitting at Nachi the previous cruise and being able to see Playa Mia from there and wondering what it was like as well. Now I know.