Mini van rental

Jess777

Does anyone know why it is so expensive to rent a mini van? I have been looking for a year to get a good rate for a weekly rental and $415 is the lowest through Thrifty I could find. We are a family of six and need transportation for a week before our cruise in August, any suggestions?

Does anyone know why it is so expensive to rent a mini van? I have been looking for a year to get a good rate for a weekly rental and $415 is the lowest through Thrifty I could find. We are a family of six and need transportation for a week before our cruise in August, any suggestions?

It's a simple matter of supply and demand. Rental companies charge that much because they can get it. Look at the price of a large SUV instead.

Lots of families vacationing in FLA drive up the demand and prices. As mentioned above, look at large SUVs or even two cars will sometimes be cheaper (not as convenient, but cheaper :o). Good luck! :)

We faced the same situation and our price was similar..but I did find that it was cheaper for us to use Thrifty and pick it up from the Port Everglades location and return it there...it was going to add approx another $100 to pick up at FLL and return to PE..we had "..We used a Dodge Caravan

There are plenty of websites available online with discount codes. Just google "car rental discount codes" and try using them. One year I got a minivan for cheap money during Thanksgiving week that way. There are codes on these boards. Also, if you are a member of BJs, Costco, AAA they get discounts. Have you tried Hotwire or Last Minute Travel.com? As you get closer, they have some good rates.

Its alot of research but hopefully you can find something to save even a few bucks.

There are plenty of websites available online with discount codes. Just google "car rental discount codes" and try using them. One year I got a minivan for cheap money during Thanksgiving week that way. There are codes on these boards. Also, if you are a member of BJs, Costco, AAA they get discounts. Have you tried Hotwire or Last Minute Travel.com? As you get closer, they have some good rates.

Its alot of research but hopefully you can find something to save even a few bucks.

The difference in demand between Thanksgiving week and peak season in February is huge. You're just not going to get big discounts on mini-vans, but large SUVs are often discounted.

The difference in demand between Thanksgiving week and peak season in February is huge. You're just not going to get big discounts on mini-vans, but large SUVs are often discounted.

Very true but Thanksgiving is a high demand week also and I was able to find a discount with a little bit of research. All I was trying to tell OP is to check these boards and online for various discount codes and maybe he can find one to save him something. A few bucks is a few bucks. Better in his pocket then the car rental agency. Also, the OP is sailing in August not February so there may be a chance he gets better rates on the travel sites as it gets closer.

Very true but Thanksgiving is a high demand week also and I was able to find a discount with a little bit of research. All I was trying to tell OP is to check these boards and online for various discount codes and maybe he can find one to save him something. A few bucks is a few bucks. Better in his pocket then the car rental agency. Also, the OP is sailing in August not February so there may be a chance he gets better rates on the travel sites as it gets closer.

No, Thanksgiving week is not a high demand period. As a matter of fact, you can always find big discounts on cruises Thanksgiving week because people go to Grandma's house instead of cruising.

also rentalcodes.com

If your rental is more than a couple months off, you probably are best finding one of the % off discount codes and then keep checking your rate as the date approaches as many of the better discount codes are only good for a month or two in advance.

Whatever you do, be sure to book something, minivans are very popular in Florida because of all the families traveling and often the car rental companies inventories of them sells out.

No, Thanksgiving week is not a high demand period. As a matter of fact, you can always find big discounts on cruises Thanksgiving week because people go to Grandma's house instead of cruising.

I have traveled for 3 Thanksgivings. Once to Disney and twice on cruises and everything is higher priced for that week then the week before and the week after. Maybe its not considered high demand but its definately higher priced.

I have traveled for 3 Thanksgivings. Once to Disney and twice on cruises and everything is higher priced for that week then the week before and the week after. Maybe its not considered high demand but its definately higher priced.

Yeah, that particular week is definitely more expensive than the surrounding weeks. In general though Nov and early Dec are among the least expensive times of the year to go. Then again in Jan and early Feb until just Presidents day.

Archived