White bay

There is a bus from the Airport but I am not sure of how much or often, when I was there last White Bay had just opened and they had no information yet.

I use http://www.towncars.com they will quote you a fixed price and will be waiting when you collect your bags. Their price for Airport to city was about $50.

LOL for Big Ms answer but depending on numbers, there are shuttles, Taxis or the hire car /limo as suggested. For two people the Shuttle is probably the cheapest (around $30) but also most likely to have longer wait times involved. The limo and the taxis are most likely close to $50 but definately easier and not dependent on filling the shuttle.:D

white bay what a disaster this place is a great move by the current government no buses no trains look at transport guidelines says you can get bus BALMAIN from city and get off at cnr of Victoria and Roberts rd

walk with cases and bags 200 mtrs hay more like 800-900 mtrs

you cannot leave cars in parking area

suggest if you come from airport train it to Wynyard in city walk down to quay or darling harbour and get water taxi will drop you off 20 mtrs from

front of ship :(:(

LOL for Big Ms answer but depending on numbers, there are shuttles, Taxis or the hire car /limo as suggested. For two people the Shuttle is probably the cheapest (around $30) but also most likely to have longer wait times involved. The limo and the taxis are most likely close to $50 but definately easier and not dependent on filling the shuttle.:D

We are always more than happy to wait for the shuttle. I dont know about domestic but International have a counter you just rock up to and wait till a group forms to fill the next van. Never had to wait long. Its then a tour of Sydney where you get to see where all the hotels are , and which ones you dont book as they are too far out of the way:D

Our flights arrive real early so we are in no rush and are happy to take our time.

If not , we just take a taxi. Its all part of the overall total cost of your holiday.

Stuff schleping luggage around the streets ,or onto and off buses and trains ..

I am on Vacation:D:D

white bay what a disaster this place is a great move by the current government no buses no trains look at transport guidelines says you can get bus BALMAIN from city and get off at cnr of Victoria and Roberts rd

walk with cases and bags 200 mtrs hay more like 800-900 mtrs

you cannot leave cars in parking area

suggest if you come from airport train it to Wynyard in city walk down to quay or darling harbour and get water taxi will drop you off 20 mtrs from

front of ship :(:(

if you're going to catch the train get off at Central and catch a taxi which cost about $25

Big M not a good answer to tell someone when they are new on the boards

I don't call 8 months new...

They were still online when I posted, and there is a search facility as well if they actually meant something else.

I still think it's the 'best' way to get there... :-)

I don't call 8 months new...

They were still online when I posted, and there is a search facility as well if they actually meant something else.

I still think it's the 'best' way to get there... :-)

they didnt know so they asked a question, people have been on here for years and still ask questions

they didnt know so they asked a question, people have been on here for years and still ask questions

Yes, and I answered. It didn't prevent others from answering, and if they wanted to clarify in what way they meant, they could have readily posted again.

Not seeing the big deal you're making out of it.

Yes, and I answered. It didn't prevent others from answering, and if they wanted to clarify in what way they meant, they could have readily posted again.

Not seeing the big deal you're making out of it.

someone who has been on here since dec and asked a simple question and you come out with a smart axxxse answer....we are on here to help one another

We are always more than happy to wait for the shuttle. I dont know about domestic but International have a counter you just rock up to and wait till a group forms to fill the next van. Never had to wait long. Its then a tour of Sydney where you get to see where all the hotels are , and which ones you dont book as they are too far out of the way:D

Our flights arrive real early so we are in no rush and are happy to take our time.

If not , we just take a taxi. Its all part of the overall total cost of your holiday.

Stuff schleping luggage around the streets ,or onto and off buses and trains ..

I am on Vacation:D:D

For me time, cost and ease (or the least amount of stress) are the major factors in how I choose the mode of transport to and from places. What is good here in Australia, I probably would not do overseas unless I had been there before.:D

On one cruise we booked the shuttle bus - never again. We had pre-paid on-line so we felt we were committed. We were told we had to phone them when we got to Sydney. Did that and waited where they told us for another hour before someone walked up and directed us to a spot where the bus would pull up. We waited another half hour and then had a tour of Sydney. We were the last off after an hour of driving.

On the return it was nearly as bad. Our ship arrived in Sydney several hours late due to 12 metres seas. We phoned the company and were told to wait outside the terminal. One and a half hours (and a few phone calls) later, a bus turned us. Luckily we went straight to the airport. We got there at 7pm for our 1pm flight, but luckily Qantas was fantastic and just put us on the next flight. :)

Kingsford Smith Transport were great a few years ago, but I wouldn't go with them again - even if it was free and that is saying something.

Are you travelling with P&O?? Their latest book says you can book transfers through your TA or P&O Cruise Contact Centre when arriving by plane. You don't need to have booked a flight through P&O. See page 73 of the 2013/2014/2015 brochure. I have never had to do it as I live on Central Coast, but my travel buddy on my next cruise with P&O comes from Qld and will most likely be using this service.

Are you travelling with P&O?? Their latest book says you can book transfers through your TA or P&O Cruise Contact Centre when arriving by plane. You don't need to have booked a flight through P&O. See page 73 of the 2013/2014/2015 brochure. I have never had to do it as I live on Central Coast, but my travel buddy on my next cruise with P&O comes from Qld and will most likely be using this service.

No - with Princess. Booking a car/limo sounds good. :) Our next cruise leaves from the White Bay terminal so I think the taxi fare would be higher to go there than to Darling Harbour.

There is a bus from the Airport but I am not sure of how much or often, when I was there last White Bay had just opened and they had no information yet.

I use www.towncars.com they will quote you a fixed price and will be waiting when you collect your bags. Their price for Airport to city was about $50.[/quote]

We are traveling there next week.....thanks for the tip. I will check them out

Whatever you do, don't take the public bus option or walk. It is a long, long, long, way from anywhere. I have seen many people dragging bags all the way across the Anzac bridge:eek:

Take a cab or limo as suggested or shuttle from the airport if the cruise line has that option - check with your cruise line.

Most cabbies should know the route by now to follow the blue signs To White Bay Cruise Terminal as they come off the Anzac bridge heading west.

Town Cars is very reliable. KST (Kingsford Smith Transport) is not very well respected in the industry.

someone who has been on here since dec and asked a simple question and you come out with a smart axxxse answer....we are on here to help one another

What has since December got to do with it? That's 8 months. Is there some time limit that I'm not aware of?

If you don't like the answer, you're welcome to give your own answer, as others did - although notably you didn't. It's a discussion forum, not a single answer fact only board.

I didn't say anything rude - and what I wrote is factually correct!

Lighten up.

Whatever you do, don't take the public bus option or walk. It is a long, long, long, way from anywhere. I have seen many people dragging bags all the way across the Anzac bridge:eek:

Take a cab or limo as suggested or shuttle from the airport if the cruise line has that option - check with your cruise line.

Most cabbies should know the route by now to follow the blue signs To White Bay Cruise Terminal as they come off the Anzac bridge heading west.

Town Cars is very reliable. KST (Kingsford Smith Transport) is not very well respected in the industry.

The best advice for anyone going to White bay. cheers.:D

Archived