Considering Disney

1025cruise

I have taken three Disney cruises without kids, and I love it (but to be fair, I should admit that I'm a big Disney fan who goes to Disney World at least twice a year).

Disney has awesome shows (well, except for that awful Toy Story musical). I just went on my first non-Disney cruise on Carnival, and the entertainment on Carnival was no where near the level it is on Disney).

The food and service on Disney are excellent. I can't really recall ever having an issue with too many kids on the ship--they are in the kids areas. The adult areas on the ship are great as well.

Remember that Disney is an entertainment company that, by the way owns ships. They have over 85 years of entertainment experience and it shows.

Remember that Disney is an entertainment company that, by the way owns ships. They have over 85 years of entertainment experience and it shows.

Good point, but wouldn't you thought by now that other cruise lines would send their snoopers onto DCL to get ideas? Simple things like a show and dinner theme? Maybe rotational restaurants are too complicated for some lines, but there are simple things they can do. Some lines do things like Strictly come dancing\ dancing with the stars cruises they can theme things up and take on DCL.

Hecks no. CCL doesn't even care. I had awful service and they don't even have a comment card anymore. Sure they sent an email survey a month later but how will that help? I doubt they even know who my servers were. Since they didn't give us their real names (Bruce Wayne?) I can't tell them, either. CCL is not interested in improving their company (at the moment anyway). They just reduce their rates and then jack up the price of the booze ridiculously to make up the difference and think we won't care that the entertainment isn't as high quality, because at least it was cheap. We do care. It ain't FREE!

I just got a great survey from DCL this week. It was quite detailed. Wanted to know what the age groups were in our party, what ports we liked, would like to go to, have been to and would go back again to, what excursions we liked, it was quite detailed. I feel like DCL is trying to determine based on these well thought out marketing surveys which ports to offer etc. Great idea. CCL on the other hand just does whatever they want when they want regardless of what people want.

But you really can't compare CCL to DCL, as DCL is more on Princess or Celebrity's level of cruising (only with a wider variety of ages represented and their own brand of magic.) CCL will take you to some great places! But you have to endure endless trivia, bingo and drink pressure sales to get there...

Hecks no. CCL doesn't even care. I had awful service and they don't even have a comment card anymore. Sure they sent an email survey a month later but how will that help? I doubt they even know who my servers were. Since they didn't give us their real names (Bruce Wayne?) I can't tell them, either. CCL is not interested in improving their company (at the moment anyway). They just reduce their rates and then jack up the price of the booze ridiculously to make up the difference and think we won't care that the entertainment isn't as high quality, because at least it was cheap. We do care. It ain't FREE!

I just got a great survey from DCL this week. It was quite detailed. Wanted to know what the age groups were in our party, what ports we liked, would like to go to, have been to and would go back again to, what excursions we liked, it was quite detailed. I feel like DCL is trying to determine based on these well thought out marketing surveys which ports to offer etc. Great idea. CCL on the other hand just does whatever they want when they want regardless of what people want.

But you really can't compare CCL to DCL, as DCL is more on Princess or Celebrity's level of cruising (only with a wider variety of ages represented and their own brand of magic.) CCL will take you to some great places! But you have to endure endless trivia, bingo and drink pressure sales to get there...

Agree we liked Princess the food and entertainment was good.

Archived