Experienced cruiser but 1st Timer on Princess

TEXASMUNK

Jim .... Gosh, you were helpful to us the very first time we sailed on Celebrity so will try to return the favor. :rolleyes:

We are long time Princess folks who absolutely love Celebrity ... but, still need a "Princess Fix" after a couple of cruises on any other line.

Princess provides a great "All Round" cruising experience and our cruise on Grand Princess was no exception. Since we are not ones who often go to the Main Show Lounge, the entertainment in the bars/lounges in the evenings (5 o'clock-MidNight) is important to us. On Grand Princess there was a good variety offered and we always found something we enjoyed! Also, the main pool area has a big pool bar which is a fun place to sit around with others and listen to the band. Also, we so enjoy the people we meet from England on Princess ships!

Like any other cruise line, Princess has its good and bad points ... but Princess still gets our vote for "Best All Round".

Your posts are always great! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Grand Princess!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Jim .... Gosh, you were helpful to us the very first time we sailed on Celebrity so will try to return the favor. :rolleyes:

We are long time Princess folks who absolutely love Celebrity ... but, still need a "Princess Fix" after a couple of cruises on any other line.

Princess provides a great "All Round" cruising experience and our cruise on Grand Princess was no exception. Since we are not ones who often go to the Main Show Lounge, the entertainment in the bars/lounges in the evenings (5 o'clock-MidNight) is important to us. On Grand Princess there was a good variety offered and we always found something we enjoyed! Also, the main pool area has a big pool bar which is a fun place to sit around with others and listen to the band. Also, we so enjoy the people we meet from England on Princess ships!

Like any other cruise line, Princess has its good and bad points ... but Princess still gets our vote for "Best All Round".

Your posts are always great! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Grand Princess!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Well the reason being it suites me fine.

When on board its like being with a big family and believe it or not feel very safe. I also think the grub is good...it gets me exercising more which is great for me :D

Theres lots of entertainment.......but you can also get away from it all.

You will enjoy your first cruise Jim....I bet it won't be yor last with Princess.....Have a wonderful time..........Kruisey. :)

Aside from all of the typical input that you will get, the number one thing that is not to be missed on a Grand Class ship is the Island Night party. :cool:

What makes this a unique experience on the Grand Class ships is that the crew "builds" a stage over the aft adult pool where the entertainment sets up. The guests can stand at the rails soaring three decks above this "stage" and enjoy music or participate in the excitement if they choose. The view of the sea over the stearn at night while taking in all of this entertainment is a remarkable memory for all ages. This venue is like no other on all of the ships that I am aware of. ;)

Anyone else agree?

I am a seasoned cruiser but will also be going on my first Princess cruise on the Grand Princess December 3rd, just like you.:) I am very interested in the replies you are getting since I am going on this very same cruise. In fact, I live just 30 minutes south of Fort Worth in a little town named Cleburne. We are practically neighbors!:D

By the way, are you staying in Galveston the night before the cruise? If so, where did you choose to stay? Any advice on hotels for me?:confused:

Appreciate the kind replies!

Looking forward to Island night! It took years, but finally convinced my wife that breakfast in the dining room beats the buffet hands down.....I travel too much and hotels today have opted for buffets to cut costs.

We always travel the day before, when heading out of Galveston, We stay at a Marriott property (use Rewards points for the freebie hotel).

The MUTS program looks great, just hope it is not a Harry Potter Movie...too many replays via DVD at home!

Anybody have a favorite bar or night spot?

NHcruiser...over the coming months, we will find a way to correspond and finally say hi onboard. We are north of Ft Worth..half way between downtown and Texas Motor Speedway

By the way, are you staying in Galveston the night before the cruise? If so, where did you choose to stay? Any advice on hotels for me?:confused:

Last March, we stayed at the Harbor House in Galveston, right next to the cruise terminal. Very comfortable, large rooms, and we watched the Grand arrive the morning of our cruise. Watching the ship turn in the narrow channel was great morning entertainment. We left our car in the Harbor House parking lot for the week, and walked to the ship for embarkation.

Archived