2015 World Cruise Sectors Release Date?

The Welsh Man

I was comparing the 2014 QV and 2015 QV. the 2015 voyage does not have enough days for someone to start and end their voyage in the US and get credit for a full World Voyage. If you board in Ft Lauderdale and finish in NY, it's only 82 days.

The one stop I liked was Port Canaveral as I only live about 30 mile form it and would love to finish my voyage there.

To me, the whole brochure seems more about segments than the full world voyages.

Don

Don,

You may find that Cunard will class FL-NY as a world cruise. I got the impression from on board sales that over 80 days was required. It may be worth checking with Cunard.

You are right I think about it being about sectors. The UK Cunard web site has over 120 options available across the 3 ships for 2015. On QE this year there were only 196 doing the whole voyage.

Don,

You may find that Cunard will class FL-NY as a world cruise. I got the impression from on board sales that over 80 days was required. It may be worth checking with Cunard.

You are right I think about it being about sectors. The UK Cunard web site has over 120 options available across the 3 ships for 2015. On QE this year there were only 196 doing the whole voyage.

Jon

The 2014 US brochure states "Full World Voyage is defined as voyages of 91 days or longer". Maybe if we use the US to UK day converter, 91 US = 80 UK. :D :D

I wonder how many are signed up for a full 2014 voyage. On the QV roll call, we only have 10 with most of us starting in Ft. Lauderdale.

Don

Jon

The 2014 US brochure states "Full World Voyage is defined as voyages of 91 days or longer". Maybe if we use the US to UK day converter, 91 US = 80 UK. :D :D

I wonder how many are signed up for a full 2014 voyage. On the QV roll call, we only have 10 with most of us starting in Ft. Lauderdale.

Don

I had noticed yesterday when I looked at the website, that the QE seems to be the most sold for the full worldie at first glance. All QG, PG and Britannia Club are sold, which is not the case (at least as of yesterday) with the QV and QM2.

ETA: There is still some availability on segments in those categories, however

Edited by Strictly Ballroom

I had noticed yesterday when I looked at the website, that the QE seems to be the most sold for the full worldie at first glance. All QG, PG and Britannia Club are sold, which is not the case (at least as of yesterday) with the QV and QM2.

ETA: There is still some availability on segments in those categories, however

The QV shows QG & PG sold out for the Ft Lauderdale round trip WC. They still have not published our formal nights. Maybe we won't have any. This will start a conversation. :D

Don

The USA brochure:

http://www.cunard.com/cunardassets/brochure/cwc15fp13162.pdf

Just thinking about if I should do a Panama Canal. My bucket list.

busmech

Looks like you live near San Fran, join us on the QV this year and do the 15 day to Ft. Lauderdale. We have a few joining us for that segment to do the Panama Canal. I know the canal was one of the big factors in my choosing the QV this year.

I also noticed that again in 2015, the QV only has one over night compared to the others having several.

Don

Looks like they are counting the 82 and 83 day journeys on QV and QE as full world voyages (but they are about a week less than the 2014s so that makes sense).

The US version is much shorter and doesn't have the beautiful pictures the UK version has. And I am amazed it came out so soon - it took forever last year!

Dcoy I am doing the Sydney to SF. At 28 days that will be the most I have done on a trip. But I will get the Panama Canal soon.

busmech

I just realized you're already on our QV roll call. It will be nice to meet up with you.

Don

I wish we could skip Egypt and go to Istanbul! That was the one difference that really jumped out at me. Not that many differences in the 2014 and 2015 itineraries.

Hi Kathi,

I am with you. I do wish Cunard would add different ports. We love Cunard, next year would be our fourth WC on Cunard; we are tired of seeing the same ports.

Best wishes

Marie

Hi Kathi,

I am with you. I do wish Cunard would add different ports. We love Cunard, next year would be our fourth WC on Cunard; we are tired of seeing the same ports.

Best wishes

Marie

I agree totally with Marie. We have done 4 Cunard world cruises and, with the exception of the QE2's last wc in 2008 which went around South America, the ports are pretty much exactly the same. I was so hoping the 2015 itineraries might expand the areas in Asia but they don't.

It would be on my bucket list for me to say I am tired of the same ports visited during a world cruise. :o
You, and most of the rest of us too, Pushka. I read a joke once about never taking a trip around the world because you wouldn't have anywhere to go to next; guess it wasn't a joke after all.

• 4 months later...
Looks like they are counting the 82 and 83 day journeys on QV and QE as full world voyages (but they are about a week less than the 2014s so that makes sense).

The US version is much shorter and doesn't have the beautiful pictures the UK version has. And I am amazed it came out so soon - it took forever last year!

Finally, after hours of seaching I found this thread that I remembered reading months ago! I am wondering why it matters whether the cruise line considers a WC segment a "full World Cruise"? Am I missing a benefit or what? Just wondering....

Finally, after hours of seaching I found this thread that I remembered reading months ago! I am wondering why it matters whether the cruise line considers a WC segment a "full World Cruise"? Am I missing a benefit or what? Just wondering....

For the 2014 Worl Voyages, "full" world voyage guests get:

Complimentary tips

Gala World Voyage Special Event

Welcome Aboard Reception

Services of a World Voyage Concierge

World Voyage Cocktail Party

For the 2014 Worl Voyages, "full" world voyage guests get:

Complimentary tips

Gala World Voyage Special Event

Welcome Aboard Reception

Services of a World Voyage Concierge

World Voyage Cocktail Party

But if you do less than the FULL WC, and they consider, for example 91 or 86 days a full WC, then would the people who were on the 86/91 be receiving the benefits listed above? Just trying to make sense out of it. Kathi, it is late there...waiting for the big NY countdown?

Edited by alibabacruisers

But if you do less than the FULL WC, and they consider, for example 91 or 86 days a full WC, then would the people who were on the 86/91 be receiving the benefits listed above? Just trying to make sense out of it. Kathi, it is late there...waiting for the big NY countdown?

Actually I am a night owl who will have to mend her ways or will miss half the activities of the day on the ship!

For 2014, the following are considered "Full World" (some combine with QM2) on QE:

Southampton to Southampton - 118 days

NYC to NYC - 117

NYC to Southampton -110

Fort Lauderdale to NYC - 114

Fort Lauderdale to Southampton - 107

Southampton to Dubai-98

San Francisco to NYC - 98

San Francisco to Southampton - 91

The way the brochure is worded it sounds like if you were doing any of those sectors you are considered "Full World", Interestingly, QM2 and QV only have 4 options each that are considered "Full World".

Strangely enough, Southampton to Dubai is not considered full world on QM2 but is on QE and it is just about the same number of days. Go figure!:confused:

Edited by Scrapnana

You must be getting very excited now.

I am especially excited that all of my clothes fit into my suitcases.:D The other night I thought that I might have to go to four cases but I think all my "stuff" will fit in the nooks and crannies and still be under the 22kg limit! Whew!

• 1 month later...

Hi from Anita and Barry from Gibraltar.

We are in the Villages Florida for two and a half months before boarding the QE in Ft Lauderdale to do the 2015 WC.

Does anyone know or recommend where we can go to get our Chinese and India Visas as we cannot get them earlier before we get to Florida (due to visa time conditions), or recommend an Agent.

Be please to here from you.