Suggestions to the moderators

Skipper Tim

We must admit that we ALL love cruising. Which line and/or itinerary is a personal choice. What is good for one may not be enjoyed by another.

It is truly amazing the amount of drivel that goes on in the MSC main thread..!!!!!....my comment from a Canadian perspective

Seconded.

Please can we now archive the "Q&A with Pierfrancesco Vago, Chief Executive Officer ~ MSC Cruises" sub-forum and associated 'sticky' which were due to stick around "for around a month" back in March?

Can we have fewer or, preferably, no advertising announcements which are not related specifically to MSC?

Together, these are responsible for several screens of scrolling on a small tablet device and are infuriating to load for the ten-thousandth time on a slow connection.

In their place, please can we have heavily moderated, permanent guides to MSC and to MSC ships to avoid the deluge of repeated 'drivel' diluting the main thrust of this forum - a healthy exchange of useful information?

Tim.

It is that easy; Holland America Rolls calls are divided by ship.

All the large ones are e.g. Celebrity, RCL, Princess and so on.

They haven't done that with the smaller ones though, e.g. P&O.

But as we know MSC has a large fleet now! :-)

All the large ones are e.g. Celebrity, RCL, Princess and so on.

They haven't done that with the smaller ones though, e.g. P&O.

But as we know MSC has a large fleet now! :-)

My conspiracy theory is that CC has favorites vs being impartial....

My conspiracy theory is that CC has favorites vs being impartial....

Instead of favoritism, simply put, MSC followings on CC is still not large enough. Total number of threads in MSC roll card is about 1450 only.

Neither does MSC's closest comparison (on CC, not real life status), Costa, has a "by ship" roll call.

Please don't ask me why AiDA and Azamara both have "by ship" roll call though :D

Maybe like MSC not updating their website, CC have not yet got around to doing it ? but it is a sensible idea.

I doubt they plan to get around to it without being prompted. I don't think it takes too long, although the bigger task is reassigning existing threads.

If interested, it would be a good idea to contact the editor or admin staff (moderators can't cover that), and see whether it's something they plan to do...

I doubt they plan to get around to it without being prompted. I don't think it takes too long, although the bigger task is reassigning existing threads.

If interested, it would be a good idea to contact the editor or admin staff (moderators can't cover that), and see whether it's something they plan to do...

Thanks Big M.

Can you tell us how to contact the editor or admin staff?

I thought we may have received some reply from CC on this thread. Their invisibility cloaks remain.

Thanks Big M.

Can you tell us how to contact the editor or admin staff?

I thought we may have received some reply from CC on this thread. Their invisibility cloaks remain.

Try community@cruisecritic.com

That will go to Laura who is the community manager, who's very helpful. Perhaps the CC team are just checking your resourcefulness. ;-)

Hi Everyone,

I've forwarded your comments to our Community Manager. You are also always welcome to email me, by clicking on the link below my signature.

Thanks very much !

LOL. A little patience would go a long way.

FWIW, I have many forums to moderate, and no matter how much time I spend on here each day - which is quite a bit... it's impossible to watch every thread on every forum. Moderators are also volunteers, and there are times when other items in life must take precedence.

As always, if there are any threads or posts which are problematic, you can always email me, or use the alert triangle report.gif , which will get my immediate attention.

Thanks very much !

LOL. A little patience would go a long way.

FWIW, I have many forums to moderate, and no matter how much time I spend on here each day - which is quite a bit... it's impossible to watch every thread on every forum. Moderators are also volunteers, and there are times when other items in life must take precedence.

As always, if there are any threads or posts which are problematic, you can always email me, or use the alert triangle report.gif , which will get my immediate attention.

Thanks very much !

Thank you very much. Your reply and action is much appreciated.

Tim.

Well comments forwarded but zero action. The MSC community made some positive suggestions here.

Will there be any changes made any time soon?

Careful Tim, your comments may be taken as speaking negatively against cc or the mods, can get you banned, just discussing the management can be cause for dismissal

Think this is a good reason why they need to go about doing it quickly before MSC becomes so popular the task is enormous :)

My suggestion is to establish a standard for thread names on Roll Call.

When you get to the MSC roll call page it makes no sense putting MSC in the name everything on that page

should be MSC.

I suggest a standard that the name start with the sailing date followed by the ship name. That is all that is

needed. After the ship name you can add whatever you want.

On the other cruise line roll call page all that is needed is the sailing date as the threads are segregated by

ship names.

When looking for my ship and sailing it is very difficult when there is so much wording and dates all over the

thread name line. Standard names would make it so much easier to find the one you want and would reduce duplicate threads for a sailing.

Archived