Serenade with a 16 month old

whenthecatsaway

We'll be doing a transatlantic cruise with our Baby son this November from Barcelona to New Orleans and although we cruised NCL for the first (and last!!!) time in January when he was 6 months old, this will be our first time cruising with him on RCL by which time he'll be 16 months. While we're confident that we'll pack everything we need,have requested a travel cot etc. , I'd be grateful for info on the following:

What do RCI offer this age group ?

What happens with car seats when I get to New Orleans?

Has anyone specific experience of travelling with a baby this age on RCI ?

Thanks folks

PS I will post this also in the RCI Cruising Section but I'm only interested in hearing about RCI :)

Voyager OS Western Med 2009

Explorer OS Southern Carribbean 2010

Navigator OS Eastern Med 2011

Few ships offer anything but in-cabin babysitting for those under 3....some ships will have group nursery for those under 2...but not ALL ships! And...pools are restricted to those who are NOT in diapers.....only a few ships have a "splash zone" for diapered kids.

You can store the carseat in your cabin somewhere...closet or in a corner.

Few ships offer anything but in-cabin babysitting for those under 3....some ships will have group nursery for those under 2...but not ALL ships! And...pools are restricted to those who are NOT in diapers.....only a few ships have a "splash zone" for diapered kids.

You can store the carseat in your cabin somewhere...closet or in a corner.

Not a true statement at all. Nurseries are now on all but six of the RCL ships. The ships that don't have a nursery haven't been through the revitalization yet.

Serenade absolutely has a nursery and the fisher price program.

• 3 weeks later...

We used the nursery on Allure....

The nursery drop off was great. They fed DD & she played. Some kids had fallen asleep when we went to pick up DD. They had an area with cribs, a play area with lots of toys, a tv, rocking chairs for staff to rock babies and a table where they could eat. At drop off they reviewed the night's menu with me & asked what DD could have.

There were organized group activities at different times during the day (I believe themes were music, colors, story time and other things). They were scheduled for about 45 minutes. We did not end up attending any. If we were on a longer sailing I'm sure we would have. There was actually a guide for the week for infants/toddlers that outlined all the activities.

The toy lending program was great. We got a bag full of toys on day 1 and kept it for the entire cruise. We could have swapped it out, but DD loved the toys. You select a bag from descriptions in a book.

We used the nursery on Allure....

The nursery drop off was great. They fed DD & she played. Some kids had fallen asleep when we went to pick up DD. They had an area with cribs, a play area with lots of toys, a tv, rocking chairs for staff to rock babies and a table where they could eat. At drop off they reviewed the night's menu with me & asked what DD could have.

There were organized group activities at different times during the day (I believe themes were music, colors, story time and other things). They were scheduled for about 45 minutes. We did not end up attending any. If we were on a longer sailing I'm sure we would have. There was actually a guide for the week for infants/toddlers that outlined all the activities.

The toy lending program was great. We got a bag full of toys on day 1 and kept it for the entire cruise. We could have swapped it out, but DD loved the toys. You select a bag from descriptions in a book.

thanks. that sounds great. was there a fee for the Toy lending programme ?

Archived