Royal Princess Suite Question - DVD Players

Woobstr112G

I am in a suite for our upcoming T/A on the Royal. I have a question for anyone who's already stayed in a suite onboard. According to the information on the Princess website as well as information received from a Princess CS rep, DVD players will be available for passengers sailing in full suites. I was wondering if this information was in fact true due the pictures I've seen and with the locations the new on demand tv's are mounted flus on the walls.

Thanks in advance for any replies.....:):):)

Bob

No; but we did not enquire. There is a selection of Movies available on the TV menu. On some previous ships there has been a separate DVD player plus the option of ordering from the Ship's Library.

Regards - V

Bob, I actually don't have any information about this, but since the TV's are now wall mounted, unless the DVD is built into the TV itself, or the wiring from the TV is done to a shelf mounted DVD player, then there wouldn't be anywhere that I can think of that they could place a DVD player. Hopefully I'm wrong on this.

No; but we did not enquire. There is a selection of Movies available on the TV menu. On some previous ships there has been a separate DVD player plus the option of ordering from the Ship's Library.

I am sure that some suite passengers prefer to bring some DVDs of their own along, so the selection of movies available from the ship is not always a good substitute for the DVD player that is listed as a suite benefit.

I am sure that some suite passengers prefer to bring some DVDs of their own along, so the selection of movies available from the ship is not always a good substitute for the DVD player that is listed as a suite benefit.

This so true. We always like to bring our own DVD's, mainly several seasons of old TV series. On several past cruises, wherein we've been in a suite, we requested a number of selections from the ship's library. Many times our requested titles were unavailable.

Bob

I board the Royal on Monday and we are in R731. I was wondering if there was an iphone docking/stereo system in the suite. If I do not hear anything....I will be sure to post my findings upon our return! :)Pam

This so true. We always like to bring our own DVD's, mainly several seasons of old TV series. On several past cruises, wherein we've been in a suite, we requested a number of selections from the ship's library. Many times our requested titles were unavailable.

Bob

Hi Bob, why don't you rip the DVDs into .avi files and store them on your computer. Then you don't have to carry the DVDs with you. As previously mentioned on one of the other threads, you can hook up an HDMI cable from your computer to the TV and the input for the HDMI channel is in the front of the TV. That is what I would do. Have a nice day.

Archived