Why Do You Choose to Cruise??????

cjknox

I'm sure we all love cruising here, but what is it about cruising that makes you choose this method of travel/vacation over all others?

Why do you cruise? (Not only with Carnival but other lines as well.)

First reason is to visit places where me might like to stay for a vacation in the future. We love other aspects of cruising, but that's the first reason. So first thing I look at for a cruise is the itinerary.

So far, we've spent a week on Grand Cayman after a port stop there. Next will probably be a week in St. Thomas/St. John - just got off Dream and loved being able to take a relatively short ferry ride to St. John.

Most everything is included...lodging, food, activities. And it is like getting to go on vacation to 3 or 4 different places all in one. I get to do as much or as little as I want. And it is so relaxing. :cool::D:cool:

I like the fact that someone else is responsible for all the logistics (keeping the ship moving and keeping me fed). Completely opposite from my other typical vacation, driving all over creation dragging a travel trailer.

Unpack once and can't beat the transportation! We cruise for the ports, not the ships. It's a great way to get a taste of the islands! We've been back to Grand Cayman for a land vacation, St Thomas is next on that list. But we enjoying cruising so much- great value! Also, my husband likes to dive and he can do that and we can still vacation together and keep the whole family happy! We like cruising with family and friends. And everyone can do their own thing but still be together.

Mommiemudd :)

Most everything is included...lodging, food, activities. And it is like getting to go on vacation to 3 or 4 different places all in one. I get to do as much or as little as I want. And it is so relaxing. :cool::D:cool:

I agree completely :D

I have always felt safer on my solo cruises in the past.

For us.. it is the perfect family vacation.

We can have family time together.

We can do our own thing.

We can have someone watch our kids.... a place the kids a thrilled to go to.

We can have flexibility in dining choices. We have been known to have one person get pizza,another deli, another buffet, another burger and another fish and chips and all meet for lunch!

We have someone spoil us all week by making our bed and cleaning our bathroom.

But mostly... there is NO wrong answer on a cruise. You can do everything or nothing at all. It is about choice, relaxation and value.

Catrin

As a mom/wife it is wonderful having someone take care of me all the time!! No cooking, cleaning, laundry, making the bed..... and the added bonus of getting to go somewhere warm in the middle of a Canadian winter!!!

1. Because it is usually less money than any land vacations we are comparing to for that particular vacation.
  2. Because the kids prefer it to land vacations.
  3. Because it is a great way to enjoy family time without interruptions from work, school, and sports.
  4. Because we arrive, unpack, and don't have to cook or clean for multiple days.
  5. Because you are treated to all you can eat, entertainment, multiple places to relax or excercise with an ocean view and transportation to exotic islands....what more could you possible want.

As a mom/wife it is wonderful having someone take care of me all the time!! No cooking, cleaning, laundry, making the bed..... and the added bonus of getting to go somewhere warm in the middle of a Canadian winter!!!

I agree - on every point (especially escaping our Canadian winters).

We're looking at a land vacation in Cozumel because of our 2 previous visits on cruises. Can't wait to wave at the ships as they leave - and we're staying!

My wife doesn't have to cook/clean.

My kids don't have to do the dishes.

I don't have to drive from place to place.

The room/board price is comparable and/or cheaper than land based vacations that only include a room.

Work can't get me on the phone.

We unplug from the Internet.

The kids make friends and have a blast.

The wife and I get to spend quality time together.

We get to see/experience new sights.

For the joy of the ship ride, the fact my work can't call me and the affordable worldly travel!

3013 Sept Carnival Ecstacy

2011 Dec Carnival Fascination

2010 Sept Carnival Elation

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I like the feeling of isolation. Work can't reach me. Family knows to call only for emergencies.

I love the relaxation and that I can do everything or nothing. I can lay out on deck all day without having to go do a load of laundry or dishes.

I get a chance to dress up. I can eat things that I can't at home.

Plus, I get to travel to other places without driving. I love waking up in a new place that I can explore.

Cruising is just complete relaxation!

1. You get a lot for your money!

2. Don't have to drive a car!

3. I like to cruise the Caribbean in January to get away from cold snowy Winters in Michigan!

4. I can do what I want, when I want!

5. Food!!

6. Being an avid videographer, there is almost always something awesome to film!

7. I love being on and exploring a big ship!

8. Sea days are the best!

9. Looking forward to a cruise is almost better than the cruise itself!

10. Unlike a land vacation, I feel totally safe on the ship! I use caution with some ports and stay on the ship sometimes.

First and foremost, it's the easiest & cheapest way to see so many places! Our last vacation we stayed at an AI and really missed cruising. We like to do a lot on our vacations and a cruise can be very active if you want it to be. Love everything about it.....the price, the places, the ship, the food. No better bang for you buck in my opinion!:D

We love cruising because of the price....I mean where can you go for 7 days and have all you lodging and meals included for the price you get on a cruise.

We also like to be able to unpack and not live out of the suitcase.

We just LOVE cruising!!!!!

Everything listed above.....also I love the SEA.

Stay busy....stay active...whatever I choose for the day and it can change from day to day.

After 5 years of cruises we decided we wanted to go to Hawaii for a week....I about killed myself trying to make decisions. Hotels, where to eat, etc. Way more stressful then picking a ship/itinerary and booking flights!

We just love it. It's fun , affordable for us since we vacation on a budget and we get to relax. As others said ; I like getting a break from my cell phone , we love being on the water , the food is great and I like not having to worry about how much each meal is going to cost. Want a snack? Lets head to the lido deck. Ready for dinner? Lets figure out where we want to eat on the ship. Also ; we like exploring the ports.

Archived