Cancelling Boston Whaler at Somerset

ks

I reserved a Boston Whaler at Somerset Water Sports for our upcomong cruise and had a response from Tony Roache within a few hours. I have e-mailed him back at the same e-mail address twice to cancel with a request that he respond to let me know that the request was received and have had no return e-mail. The form reads that one can cancel up to 24 hours before and it is almost 3 weeks away. Has anyone had any trouble cancelling or does anyone know a better way to get in touch to cancel?

Edited by ks

I had to call both places I had reservations with when I cancelled. One boat rental company would not confirm the reservation or cancellation through email - they said "you need to trust us".

Seems like email confirmations may not be the way business is done all the time in Bermuda;)

Anyway, calling is definitely the way to go.

Thanks for the advice and phone #. Was hoping to avoid spending the money to make an international phone call. Didn't have to call them to make the reservation just sent an e-mail. Wish they would send an e-mail for the cancellation so that I have something in writing.

Thanks for the advice and phone #. Was hoping to avoid spending the money to make an international phone call. Didn't have to call them to make the reservation just sent an e-mail. Wish they would send an e-mail for the cancellation so that I have something in writing.

Thats crazy.........if an email is enough to make a reservation it should be enough to cancel one

It also covers both parties

I reserved a Boston Whaler at Somerset Water Sports for our upcomong cruise and had a response from Tony Roache within a few hours. I have e-mailed him back at the same e-mail address twice to cancel with a request that he respond to let me know that the request was received and have had no return e-mail.

How long has it been? If only a few days have Patience as cancellations are not as critical as servicing current guests.

I was the opposite. I didn't receive a confirmation when I booked online. I emailed Tony to say I wanted to make sure he had my reservation and he responded that I should have received an email confirmation. i told him I hadn't so that's why I emailed him. He did verbally confirm my reservation so hopefully I don't have any issues either.

I was the opposite. I didn't receive a confirmation when I booked online. I emailed Tony to say I wanted to make sure he had my reservation and he responded that I should have received an email confirmation. i told him I hadn't so that's why I emailed him. He did verbally confirm my reservation so hopefully I don't have any issues either.

I did send an email to Tony asking for a confirmation of my reservation. It took about a week, but I got one. He was obviously very busy with his business.

I am glad that he did send me the confirmation though, because it was incorrect. However, it is all sorted out and I have the confirmation along with the prices.

I'm looking forward to the jet ski tour, kayak and boat rental - all on the same day!!!

• 5 weeks later...

I put in a request with Somerset via their website last Monday. Immediately following, I received an email (with my email address listed as the sender) confirming my inquiry. I didn't receive anything saying that the reservation was accepted, so I emailed Tony. Last time we booked with them. The same thing happened and he replied to my email saying that the online reservation wasn't received on their end. He was able to process my request directly through email. This time I didn't hear back from him. In the meantime, I emailed H2O and got a reply back from them right away. The woman I worked with answered all my questions and sent me a confirmation of my rental date and discounted price. She even gave me the name of a place we can buy food to bring with us on the boat. I just emailed Tony again to put in a cancellation request. Hopefully, I will hear back. My landline provider doesn't allow international calls and I'm hoping to avoid the expense of using my cell. If I don't hear back before I leave for my cruise, I will give them a call.

Once we had our reservation sorted out, we did really enjoy our experience with them last time. I'm bummed it didn't work out this time around. If I had more wiggle room before my cruise, I would have probably given them more time to respond. I'm looking forward to working with H2O. Their customer service is great and the boat we will be getting is bigger than the one we got from Somerset. They are closer to the cruise terminal which is another plus.

The staff at H2O is excellent. We had a motor problem while beaching on a small island in Mangrove Bay and were dead in the water until it could be fixed (a family on a yacht with experience on these motors came to my rescue, how lucky I was). But just lousy luck, and they gave us a full refund even though we enjoyed 4 hours on the water. We will rent there next time we stay in Bermuda.

But we've also used Somerset and they are a great outfit too. Both very easy to work with.

Edited by blue_water

The staff at H2O is excellent. We had a motor problem while beaching on a small island in Mangrove Bay and were dead in the water until it could be fixed (a family on a yacht with experience on these motors came to my rescue, how lucky I was). But just lousy luck, and they gave us a full refund even though we enjoyed 4 hours on the water. We will rent there next time we stay in Bermuda.

But we've also used Somerset and they are a great outfit too. Both very easy to work with.

Thanks for the info! You've sold me on bringing my cell phone on the boat!

Edited by KerCar

Great ending......do you know what was wrong with the motor? We are renting from them in 2.5 weeks.

I put in a request with Somerset via their website last Monday. Immediately following, I received an email (with my email address listed as the sender) confirming my inquiry. I didn't receive anything saying that the reservation was accepted, so I emailed Tony. Last time we booked with them. The same thing happened and he replied to my email saying that the online reservation wasn't received on their end. He was able to process my request directly through email. This time I didn't hear back from him. In the meantime, I emailed H2O and got a reply back from them right away. The woman I worked with answered all my questions and sent me a confirmation of my rental date and discounted price. She even gave me the name of a place we can buy food to bring with us on the boat. I just emailed Tony again to put in a cancellation request. Hopefully, I will hear back. My landline provider doesn't allow international calls and I'm hoping to avoid the expense of using my cell. If I don't hear back before I leave for my cruise, I will give them a call.

Once we had our reservation sorted out, we did really enjoy our experience with them last time. I'm bummed it didn't work out this time around. If I had more wiggle room before my cruise, I would have probably given them more time to respond. I'm looking forward to working with H2O. Their customer service is great and the boat we will be getting is bigger than the one we got from Somerset. They are closer to the cruise terminal which is another plus.

Update-I just heard back from Tony and my reservation has been canceled. He emailed me back to confirm my credit card would not be charged.

• 7 months later...
Thanks for the info. Because of your experience we booked with h2o as well.

This is what happens when they ignore customers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

I had hoped to rent from H2O but they do not look like they rent pontoon boats?

I just e-mailed them to confirm this is correct but docking at the Dockyard and this would

have been more convenient.

I e-mailed Somerset this morning with questions.

While I am not expecting an immediate response, what is usually the timeframe for them to answer since I would like to go ahead and book my excursion.

Thanks so much.

I e-mailed Somerset this morning with questions.

While I am not expecting an immediate response, what is usually the timeframe for them to answer since I would like to go ahead and book my excursion.

Thanks so much.

I booked with them online in January & did not receive any correspondence from them until the middle of March. I am assuming it took so long for me because I booked during the winter & I don't believe they are open. When I received the email from them, I replied with a question & it took about a week for another reply. Again this was in March so not during season - hopefully it won't take as long for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's true...I forgot they are closed for the winter. We were there the last week they were opened last October. When I emailed during open season they responded within a day or two.

Have you seen their website? It appears they do have pontoon boats:

http://www.bdawatersports.com/boats.html

Yes, thank you.

I had a few questions but thought they would be open by now or at least the owner would be checking e-mails. I'll just wait I guess.

How can you make a reservation and have it in the system and booked if no one is manning the e-mails and registrations. I would think someone is overseeing the business.

I do wonder why they are $150 less then the others but they do get excellent reviews.