Can Cruising be an Addiction?

Mekka

I think we may be! First cruise was 5 years ago, off in 43 days on another. Like many others we have worked hard the past few years with no real vacations due to type of work we do. We love cruising and save thru the year so when we go its all paid for. Its worth it for us. In the past 2-3 years we have lost several friends way to young. We made a commitmant to do some things nows, so if we end up in the same boat, or unable to go we can look back at our photos and relive our adventures! But I think we can blame that very first cruise on the NCL Pearl...............we were spoiled :D

Since retiring and cruising a lot and using my computer so much with chat groups, roll calls, twitter etc and now a smartphone.... hum... beginning to wonder what I did or would be doing without so much cruising. Sometimes I have to shut it all off and that tells me something! :p

Part me thinks it is opportunity, good prices, having the time and money, also seeing that so many friends and colleagues have died...

Not sure.

For the first time in years I do not have any cruises booked after the b2b this Sept/Oct and I purposely said I would wait till they are over. Must be telling me something!

You bet we are addicted to cruising.

When we are home our social life revolves around the medical profession:eek:

When we are on a cruise we just seem to feel better.

Do ya think that having someone else clean up after us, do the cooking, dish washing, wash and iron our clothes; having the best, most comfortable beds in the world, the slight vibration rocking us to sleep, the sea air and the beautiful ocean might have something to do with it? ;)

Really?;):)

Jane and Gary

Addicted to Cruising..NO! Addicted to Travel..YES!

When I was young wanted to be an Airline Stewardess & see the world! But was too short in those days..A Friend asked my Mom if I would be interested in working for her Airline in the office.. I went for an interview & was hired, & sent to school to learn the ropes..Was there for three & a half years when I met my future DH..Had to move to Detroit as he had a job there..Quit my Airline job & moved with my new DH..We stayed away for about 3 months & both decided to move back to NYC..Went to see my old boss who said he would rehire me but still had to work shift work including nights..

Actually wanted to get into sales & not work nights, so ex boss sent me to see a Friend of his at Idlewild Airport now JFK..I was hired on the spot as a Temp in a Telephone Sales position working at the old Idlewild AKA J.F. K. International Airport..Stayed for 28 yrs!...LOL.... Took one Greek Island Cruise when single & tried to convince my present DH & our Friends, also in the airline field, to take a cruise with me..They could not understand why I wanted to cruise, when we could fly for free..I convinced them to trust me & we sailed together on Norwegian Caribbean Cruise line in the late 70's..

After working for more than 30 years in the airline field & flying to many different & lovely areas of the world, I retired & DH & I sailed our boat to Florida..Bought a house on the water & joined a sailing club..Spent many years sailing with other sailors..Once spent 5 months sailing to NYC & back on our own boat & another couple on their boat..During that time our Sailing club had a cruise on NCL & another cruise on HAL..We sailed on both & after selling our boat, big ship cruising became our vacation of choice..We still normally take at least one long cruise with our Sailing Friends..

Flying standby turned into a hassle..Not getting on flights & unpacking & repacking, renting cars, or flying from place to place was like "if it's Tuesday it must be Belgium"..

We enjoyed our life of flying, loved our life of cruising on our own sailboat, but now don't have to cook, clean the boat, wash clothes in commercial Laundromats, walk to grocery stores for food.. Yippee..:D We're enjoying the more leisurely life of big ship cruising..

To quote Randy "If not now, when?"

Are we spoiled?:)

Cheers..:)Betty

P.S..Everything is paid completely each month, so don't owe a penny..

Yes, I have said it is our "healthy additiction" for years. We have lost count on how many, know it is well over 45 on 9 different cruise lines over past 30+ years.

We have cruises booked til spring of 2015. We go about twice a year.

We save for each one, pay it off and start saving for the next one.

Thank god we have good health and the resources to do so in our retirement years.

Archived