Former Song of America photo tour

For those interested, the former Song of America (now the Louis Olympia), is featured in USA Today's photo tour. Click on the arrow to the right of the photo to view the tour:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2013/07/24/cruise-photo-tour-louis-olympia/2550657/

Thanks for the link. We were on the Song of America in January 1986. This was one of our 1st RC cruises.

Funny you should post this. Today I came across a postcard we had sent home to our children on our first RCCL cruise on the Song of America. I also came across a program from the cabaret show on that January 1987 cruise.

For those interested, the former Song of America (now the Louis Olympia), is featured in USA Today's photo tour. Click on the arrow to the right of the photo to view the tour:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2013/07/24/cruise-photo-tour-louis-olympia/2550657/

That brings back fond memories of a time long ago when the Song of America was new!:D (my first cruise and my second love)

Get picturs. Thanks for posting. Wish could get the same for the old Sun Viking, our first cruise back in '82.

I appreciate everyone enjoying the photo tour of the former Song of America! :)

A list of other ship photo tours is on the same link I posted, just scroll down and click on the ship (in blue type). Included are Royal Caribbean's Oasis, Voyager, Jewel, and Allure. Sorry that the Sun Viking isn't included, mein18- not yet! Here are the current photo tours (go to the previously link to view):

Alaskan Dream Cruises: Admiralty Dream

American Cruise Lines: Queen of the Mississippi

American Safari Cruises: Safari Explorer; Safari Endeavor

Azamara Club Cruises: Azamara Journey

Avalon Waterways: Avalon Panorama; Avalon Expression; Avalon Angkor

Celebrity Cruises: Celebrity Eclipse; Celebrity Constellation; Celebrity Century; Celebrity Reflection; Celebrity Solstice; Celebrity Silhouette

Carnival Cruise Lines: Carnival Magic; Carnival Breeze; Carnival Breeze, Magic compared; Carnival Destiny; Carnival Ecstasy;Carnival Splendor; Carnival Inspiration; Carnival Liberty; Carnival Valor; Carnival Dream

Celebration Cruise Line: Bahamas Celebration

Compagnie du Ponant: Le Boreal

Costa Cruises: Costa Favolosa; Costa Deliziosa

Cruise & Maritime Voyages: Marco Polo

Crystal Cruises: Crystal Symphony

Cunard Line: Queen Mary 2; Queen Elizabeth; Queen Victoria; Queen Mary (retired)

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Wonder; Disney Fantasy and Dream compared; Disney Fantasy; Disney Dream

Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines: Braemar

American Queen Steamboat Co.: American Queen

Hapag-Lloyd: Europa; Europa 2

Holland America Line: Nieuw Amsterdam; Westerdam; Eurodam; Oosterdam; Statendam

InnerSea Discoveries: Wilderness Discoverer

Lindblad Expeditions: National Geographic Sea Lion

Louis Cruises: Louis Majesty

MSC Cruises: MSC Fantasia; MSC Divina; MSC Preziosa

Norwegian Cruise Line: Norwegian Jade; Norwegian Breakaway; Norwegian Sky; Norwegian Epic; Norwegian Gem

Oceania Cruises: Riviera; Marina

Paul Gauguin Cruises:Paul Gauguin

Princess Cruises: Ruby Princess; Crown Princess; Grand Princess; Emerald Princess; last look at the 'Love Boat'; Royal Princess under construction; Royal Princess; Sapphire Princess;

Regent Seven Seas Cruises: Seven Seas Mariner

Royal Caribbean International: Oasis of the Seas; Voyager of the Seas; Jewel of the Seas; Allure of the Seas

Seabourn Cruise Line: Seabourn Sojourn and Seabourn Odyssey; Seabourn Quest

Silversea: Silver Spirit; Silver Shadow

Star Clippers: Star Flyer

Vantage Deluxe World Travel: River Discovery II; River Splendor

Viking River Cruises: Viking Odin; Viking Bragi

Voyages to Antiquity: Aegean Odyssey

Voyages of Discovery: Discovery

Windstar Cruises: Wind Surf; Wind Star; Wind Spirit

Yachts available by charter:Christina O

Retired ocean liners: United States

Theme galleries:The seven most spectacular suites at sea

Hi,

Thanks for posting this link. The Song of America was a wonderful ship! I cruised aboard this ship back in 1985 (seven-day Eastern Caribbean) with my parents. At the time, the Song of America was Royal Caribbean's largest ship. I think the exterior of the ship looked better in her Royal Caribbean days (with the wide dark blue stripe on the hull). It looks like the Lido Cafe has been enclosed. I belief that this room originally was open (a roof but no walls or windows).

Chuck

Archived