What Hotel in Seattle??

Diane and Max

We just got back from a cruise July 9 and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express City Center. You have to request the shuttle (Ace Transportation) and it's $8.00 pp. It takes about 22 min to get to the pier. Very efficient and the Space Needle is only an 8 minute walk from the hotel. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express near the airport. If you get a room with the cruise package they will shuttle you from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier then back to the airport or hotel. It worked out great and was $140 per night. It wasn't a fancy hotel though, seemed to be only partially remodeled although the room was nice and the breakfast decent.

We loved the Maxwell Hotel. They don't have a shuttle that takes you to the pier, but they have a town car service associated with them that we used to/from airport, to/from pier, Kale Express Towncar. They do offer a free shuttle to explore Seattle.

• 6 months later...
We just got back from a cruise July 9 and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express City Center. You have to request the shuttle (Ace Transportation) and it's $8.00 pp. It takes about 22 min to get to the pier. Very efficient and the Space Needle is only an 8 minute walk from the hotel. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

AltoSaxGuy, how was the Holiday Inn. I will be going to Seattle in September and I was thinking about staying at this hotel and wanted some feedback from someone who stayed there. Accommodation in Seattle is expensive but I don't want to save money at the expense of comfort.

Thanks.

AltoSaxGuy, how was the Holiday Inn. I will be going to Seattle in September and I was thinking about staying at this hotel and wanted some feedback from someone who stayed there. Accommodation in Seattle is expensive but I don't want to save money at the expense of comfort.

Thanks.

Try tripadvisor for up to date hotel reviews. This thread is kind of old.

> Ish drakes: I've stayed in that HI express. It's quite new, nice lobby, comfy rooms. Would not hesitate to stay again at the right price.

> SilkySal: Belltown Inn is located quite nicely in terms of the popular sites (it's about halfway between the Space Needle and Pike Place). I can't comment on the room quality etc. as I've never stayed, but we usually stay near the needle and walk through Belltown to downtown core so I'm familiar with the streets.

If you're into good restaurants & cocktail bars it's a good place to be, but it is an area with active nightlife; it's a very basic hotel without A/C so you may need to leave your windows open if it's warm. In short if you want a quiet hotel I'd consider booking elsewhere; I've stepped around more than a few pools of vomit on Saturday/Sunday mornings while walking through the area...

> Ish drakes: I've stayed in that HI express. It's quite new, nice lobby, comfy rooms. Would not hesitate to stay again at the right price.

> SilkySal: Belltown Inn is located quite nicely in terms of the popular sites (it's about halfway between the Space Needle and Pike Place). I can't comment on the room quality etc. as I've never stayed, but we usually stay near the needle and walk through Belltown to downtown core so I'm familiar with the streets.

If you're into good restaurants & cocktail bars it's a good place to be, but it is an area with active nightlife; it's a very basic hotel without A/C so you may need to leave your windows open if it's warm. In short if you want a quiet hotel I'd consider booking elsewhere; I've stepped around more than a few pools of vomit on Saturday/Sunday mornings while walking through the area...

Thanks for the info! We won't arrive in Seattle until Sunday around noon, so maybe the hard partiers will be leaving by then!:rolleyes: Did not know about no A/C but, hopefully, it won't be too hot, even though it will be the last week in July!:eek: How is the weather there at that time? If we decide to change hotels, any recommendations would be appreciated but we would like to be close to sites, such as the needle and Pike Place.:cool:

If we decide to change hotels, any recommendations would be appreciated but we would like to be close to sites, such as the needle and Pike Place.:cool:

Seattle isn't that big ... a cab to most places in town will be about $10, or you can take the monorail or streetcar, or walk if you don't mind the hills.

Hotels near the Seattle Center/Space Needle tend to be a bit cheaper than the downtown core. Look at the Hampton Inn .... walk a few blocks to the Seattle Center, catch the monorail and be downtown in 3 minutes. Then walk 2-3 blocks and you're at the Market. Walk 2 more blocks to find the elevator down to the waterfront.

Use expedia or whatever to find other Seattle Center hotels.

Another location is Lake Union .... you can ride the streetcar from the Lake to Downtown in 5 minutes. There's a nice park there, some good restaurants and it's fun to watch all the boats, kayaks, and scheduled float plane service. I've noticed the prices rising down there tho due to Amazon offices.

Thanks for the info! We won't arrive in Seattle until Sunday around noon, so maybe the hard partiers will be leaving by then!:rolleyes: Did not know about no A/C but, hopefully, it won't be too hot, even though it will be the last week in July!:eek: How is the weather there at that time? If we decide to change hotels, any recommendations would be appreciated but we would like to be close to sites, such as the needle and Pike Place.:cool:

It can get warm during the summer in Seattle. Last year July averaged about 75 degrees. It was 93 on June 30. Guess it depends if you’re used to the hot weather. We’re not and would want something with A/C. Plus, keeping a window open in downtown Seattle can get a bit noisy if you face the street. As peety3 mentioned, The Inn at the Market is very nice with a fantastic location next to Pike Place Market.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/seattle-wa/98104/july-weather/351409?monyr=7/1/2013

If you are non-smokers consider the Mayflower Park in downtown Seattle. The hotel is non-smoking. Great location and great staff. It is right beside the Westlake Center, which has a terminus for the light rail from the airport, in addition to one of the Monorail stations (which takes you to Seattle Center and the Space Needle). Easy walk to Pike Place and the Seattle Art Museum.

I'd never even consider a hotel without A/C in summer - it can get a bit humid, cloudy nights are common so the heat stays around overnight. A very similar hotel to the Belltown (in terms of facilities, price, location & Tripadvisor ratings) is the Mediterranean. Older building, rooftop deck (great views) just like Belltown, but their Deluxe rooms do have A/C units. We've stayed here twice for ludicrously cheap rates during cruise season. Keep your eye on Expedia & similar sites and snap up a half-price room.

It's a little closer to the needle, a little further from Pike Place, and a quieter location (while very close to Key Arena, events rarely run past 10pm so while the streets get busy they're clear before 11). It's just far enough down Queen Anne from the restaurants & bars to stay pretty quiet, but several good options to dine & drink within 5 minutes walk. Rooms, even Deluxe, are very basic but clean.

All things being equal we would always stay at the Maxwell in Seattle, but they're much better-known now and their free parking is limited enough that in summer we no longer risk it when we drive down so we've stayed in a few places around Seattle Center - the Holiday Inn Express is a nicer hotel than the Med so if the pricing of a Deluxe at the latter is within $20 of the former, I'd go for the HI instead. Doesn't hurt that it's super-close to our favourite Seattle resto, Mistral.

You can also find the occasional steal of a rate at the Maxwell's little brother, Hotel Five - closer to downtown, right next to Monorail. Very jarring style with tons of bright colours & patterns, small rooms, but clean and decently located.

I will be staying at Pensione Nichols which I've heard also has street noise and rowdiness at night. I liked the location and that it's a B&B with character. It's only one night and I'll be so excited for the cruise I probably won't sleep much anyway.

Did a little price checking for my July dates:

Inn @ the Market: $285.

Hampton Inn: $219.

Hotel Five: $211.

Mediterranean: $179.

Moore Hotel: $104.

Mayflower Park: N/A for my dates.

The Moore Hotel is the cheapest but also does not have A/C and I like the looks of the Blue Horizon better, so, at $150 total per night, may just keep my reservations there.:rolleyes: DH says he doesn't mind the no A/C and it's really close to everything we want to see!:cool: The reviews said that the hotel staff is normally great but to get a room overlooking the courtyard and hearing the fountain vs on the street for less noise.;) Thanks for all of the advice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, keep in mind certain travel discount sites (travelzoo, groupon, etc) for good deals. I've found nearly 50% off on some hotels in SEA (we'll be there in August for our cruise) but it's still a little too early as the deals only extend into April/May. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out in the next couple months so I can book a nice hotel at a great deal!

Anyone know about Sutton Suites & extended stay? On their website it says "Fly in and Sleep for One night and we will Pick up from Seattle airport and provide shuttle service to the Seattle Cruise Ship terminal and back to the Airport."

Just wondering if anyone has stayed there and had good experience. Is it a nice hotel? Dependable shuttle service?

Thanks for any info..

Has anyone stayed in pioneer square, specifically the best western? Is that area near the major attractions? It seems downtown is super expensive when I'm looking (May 30 - June 1) so it must be high season!

What amount is super expensive?

If you look at the map on the hotel web site, the hotel is closer to the Seattle Center than to downtown. To give you perspective, Pike Place Market is at Pike and 1st and Westlake Center is the center of the downtown core 5th and Pine. Look at their map.

You can take the monorail from the Seattle Center to downtown in 3 minutes or if you don't mind hills you can walk. But there are cheaper options around the Seattle Center if budget is the priority.

I actually found a hotel in Pioneer Square that wasn't super expensive, so was going to look into staying there if it's near the attractions like Pike Market. We will be arriving at night, have the next day to explore seattle and then be getting on the ship the morning after.