NCL Spirit Dining

louboutin10

Hi,

my husband and I are considering booking the 12 day Grand Mediterranean vacation on Spirit. I have read through some of the reviews and some of them have me a little worried. The reviews on the food are very mixed. We consider ourselves foodies, we will try anything and everything and love variety. We like to eat at fancy restaurants, but we are also happy with a good burger. In other words, we like good food but we are not picky. Would we enjoy this ship? We don't mind paying extra for the restaurants if they are better. Thanks!

Food is subjective, but I imagine you'll like the food. Treat yourself to Le Bistro which one of the best (and consistent) restaurants across the fleet. I've always enjoyed the Asian restaurant (the Spirit being built for the Asian market really takes the decor to the next level). Cagney's has a new menu and has upped the quality of its steaks.

Overall, we've always found good food in all of the restaurants.

It's hard to say because expectations are different for different people. I have yet to find something not good to eat on any NCL cruise that wasn't simply personal preference.

With literally dozens of options on the buffet and a half dozen at each of the various restaurants on board, there really can't be a way that someone who isn't super duper finicky in everyday life won't like the food.

We took this cruise a few weeks ago and found the food to be great. The few things we weren't particularly fond of, we simply didn't order again. Again, dozens of choices all the time.

There is a lot to pick from on any NCL ship...from the MDR to the buffet to the 24/7 restaurants to the pay specialty restaurants.

As far as the Spirit, she is our 2nd favorite NCL ship so far. She is VERY unique compared to the other ships NCL has. She has an Asian decor and very beautiful. :)

As others have already said food is a subjective thing and varies according to the individual.

I have sailed on the Spirit a few times in the last year or so and can say I have always found something I fancy on the menu and have had great meals at the speciality restaurants.

The staff on the ship are very customer focussed and very, very friendly. The 12 day Grand Med is one of the best itineraries there is out there with fantastic ports. It can be very tiring depending on the time of year you sail. There are some opportunities to eat great food when you are in port too. Whatever you chose to do it will be a great time.

Just off the Spirit 12 day Med 4 days ago and the food was great. We mainly eat in the Specialty restaurants, trattoria and cagney's our favourites. We did Windows once and it was fine but having a dish cooked for you when ordered or one that is mass produced is a big difference. Plus we enjoy the quiet of a smaller venue. The buffet is fine. Lots of choices to suit every appetite. We didn't have a bad meal on the Spirit. As well, that itinerary is port intensive. We had lunches and dinners off the ship as well. We loved the Spirit so much, we have already booked the 9 day Canary Islands for December. Enjoy!

Hi,

my husband and I are considering booking the 12 day Grand Mediterranean vacation on Spirit. I have read through some of the reviews and some of them have me a little worried. The reviews on the food are very mixed. We consider ourselves foodies, we will try anything and everything and love variety. We like to eat at fancy restaurants, but we are also happy with a good burger. In other words, we like good food but we are not picky. Would we enjoy this ship? We don't mind paying extra for the restaurants if they are better. Thanks!

We were on the 12 day Med with the Spirit this past April and had a blast! As others have said food quality is really subjective. We enjoyed the MDR and the buffet. We did eat at the Steakhouse one night, and to me it just wasn't worth the extra cost.

I know when we went on the Spirit we ate at the back restaurant and the service was slow everytime we were there. We tried the one more forward and the service was great. I know this can happen on any ship/restaurant at any time and varies all the time, but just a FYI if you find one slow, maybe try the other.

Archived