Teen in his own room?

jellyben

I am planning to take my 3 kids-ages 5, 12, 16- on a cruise next summer. DH wont be there, heaven help me. Either Royal or Carnival. I am thinking 2 connecting rooms would work best, but my question is if I can book 2 rooms when only 1 adult is traveling? Or does there need to be an adult for each room booking? Thanks for any help!

I'm solo parent with 3 kids as well. I have done connecting and non-connecting with Royal. They will let you book two kids in a separate stateroom. Occasionally, one of the customer service agents doesn't think so, but I'm always able to get it done. ;)

I'm solo parent with 3 kids as well. I have done connecting and non-connecting with Royal. They will let you book two kids in a separate stateroom. Occasionally, one of the customer service agents doesn't think so, but I'm always able to get it done. ;)

Perfect- just what I wanted to hear!

We have 2 adults and 8 "kids" (our oldest is 20). Our oldest kids are not old enough to count as "adults" (25) for the purpose of sharing with younger ones so our next cruise adheres to these rules. If we can make it work, anyone can ;) Here are the guidelines on Carnival:

Guests under the age of 13

• Minors can be booked in separate staterooms, only if booked next door or directly across the hall from the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.

Note: Minors 13 and under may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents"; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

• Minors can be booked in separate staterooms, by up to 3 staterooms in between the minor stateroom and the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.

Note: Minors age 13 may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

On Carnival we have our 14 and 12 year old booked in their own cabin right beside ours. Originally they were across from us in an inside, but they wanted a window too, so they paid the $110.00 difference themselves to upgrade. ($55.00 each).

Archived