Playing Trivia Games

Racegirl6

I want to play music trivia games on our upcoming Victory cruise, what are the trivia games like, how do you play? I've never done it before and would like to be prepared. Thanks.

it is really fun I played the 80's trivia and won a ship on a stick. They ask around 20 questions then at the end they give the answers you keep track of how many you got correct the one with the most correct answers wins.

I am quite a trivia geek,and very proud of my collection of Cruise Ship Trophies. I have kept one of each of my last 12 cruises. Music and 80's are my specialty!!

Plus, it seems often times, the same people play trivia throughout the week,and it is usually a very fun crowd.

Catrin

When we were on the Fascination, we managed to win not one but FOUR ships on a stick playing various trivia games. One of them was a Jeopardy style game where I got up and had to punch a buzzer. It was REALLY funny because at one point, the hostess asked us what our superhero name would be if we had super powers. I told her "Super Yarn Lady, because I can knit my way out of anything!". :D

Playing trivia is our favorite thing to do onboard....we make sure to check the Fun Times everyday to see which ones are being held and then we highlight which ones we wanna go to.

Sports trivia and Fun Ship Trivia (only ever played on the Sensation. Was all questions about various Carnival ships) are our favorites to play

I think if you do a search there are some posts that will give you the answers. They don't really change the questions. It's still fun, but I'll always know that the most utilized form of mass transportation is the elevator. It has been drilled into me on every cruise!

I want to play music trivia games on our upcoming Victory cruise, what are the trivia games like, how do you play? I've never done it before and would like to be prepared. Thanks.

When you show up to the location of the trivia game, you grab a sheet of paper for your answers. After 15-25 (usually) questions, you will then grade your own paper. If you had the most answers correct, you will win a 24 carat gold plastic piece of ship on a stick. If there is a tie, the winner of the tiebreaker will receive the ship on a stick and the runner-ups will receive a medal. If you take the medal to Guest Services, they will swap it for a ship on a stick. If they say no, be persistent. They will swap it.

I think if you do a search there are some posts that will give you the answers. They don't really change the questions. It's still fun, but I'll always know that the most utilized form of mass transportation is the elevator. It has been drilled into me on every cruise!

You're right, they don't change any of the questions. At one point, my family knew all of the answers to the questions, and sometimes before they were asked. Towards our final cruises with Carnival, we always won no less than 12 ships on a stick per cruise. Those 12 were on a 5 day cruise, the Ecstasy. I have received as many as 25 in one cruise on the Carnival Legend with Wee Jimmy. I can even still name some of them from Game Show Mania... Madonna, Garth, Clinton, Gonna Make You Sweat, Aladdin, Big Bird, forgot #7, Ace of Base, Mr. Rogers, Chicken Dance, Clarissa Explains it All, YMCA backwards/ACMY, John F Kennedy, Simpsons, Jetsons, Fame, forgot 17/18, Wedding, Wizard of Oz, Star Wars... Those are 1 through 21 in order and I haven't seen Game Show Mania in over a year. I even remember them from Ultimate Mind Game still, but obviously the order changes for them. These are off the top of my head (There aren't any stairs, Newspaper, Roosters don't lay eggs, towel, your own mother, there isn't any steam, sun, frankfurt, splinter, the car was a hearse, jumped off the first step/ladder was on the ground, umpire and catcher, buildings can't jump, you can't dig half a hole, your own age, he was blind, etc.) It has been a while since my last Carnival cruise, but there is a problem with their repetitiveness when you remember the answers from over a year ago. I have about ~220 ships on a stick now sitting in a box somewhere.

Just back from Alaska on Miracle and I played Trivia!! I never play games, am 62!! I won for SEA Feud a Carnival medal, our 13 year Grandson won For scavenger hunt with the Circle C group... Guess you should try something at least once! DH was tied for Music Trivia but lost, which we thought was ok since the Daughter of the other guy got the medal, she was very excited.

Yeah. Worse is reading people posting/boasting they go to these knowing the answers getting as many SOOS as posible.

I won a TV trivia once, and the next cruise, they played the same songs. We walked out. 1st song is Synchopated Clock (LOL).

Yeah. Worse is reading people posting/boasting they go to these knowing the answers getting as many SOOS as posible.

I won a TV trivia once, and the next cruise, they played the same songs. We walked out. 1st song is Synchopated Clock (LOL).

There are periods when there is a lot of downtime on the ship, especially if you are from South Florida and don't spend time laying on a lounge chair tanning or using Carnival's less than stellar pools. Trivia and other guest entertainment is considered another Carnival cutback. If they are going to go to guest entertainment, they should start using a variety of questions, rather than the same list on every ship, every cruise.

There are periods when there is a lot of downtime on the ship, especially if you are from South Florida and don't spend time laying on a lounge chair tanning or using Carnival's less than stellar pools. Trivia and other guest entertainment is considered another Carnival cutback. If they are going to go to guest entertainment, they should start using a variety of questions, rather than the same list on every ship, every cruise.

Worse is when you find out even the guest participation stuff is scripted. :eek:

You're right, they don't change any of the questions. At one point, my family knew all of the answers to the questions, and sometimes before they were asked. Towards our final cruises with Carnival, we always won no less than 12 ships on a stick per cruise. Those 12 were on a 5 day cruise, the Ecstasy. I have received as many as 25 in one cruise on the Carnival Legend with Wee Jimmy. I can even still name some of them from Game Show Mania... Madonna, Garth, Clinton, Gonna Make You Sweat, Aladdin, Big Bird, forgot #7, Ace of Base, Mr. Rogers, Chicken Dance, Clarissa Explains it All, YMCA backwards/ACMY, John F Kennedy, Simpsons, Jetsons, Fame, forgot 17/18, Wedding, Wizard of Oz, Star Wars... Those are 1 through 21 in order and I haven't seen Game Show Mania in over a year. I even remember them from Ultimate Mind Game still, but obviously the order changes for them. These are off the top of my head (There aren't any stairs, Newspaper, Roosters don't lay eggs, towel, your own mother, there isn't any steam, sun, frankfurt, splinter, the car was a hearse, jumped off the first step/ladder was on the ground, umpire and catcher, buildings can't jump, you can't dig half a hole, your own age, he was blind, etc.) It has been a while since my last Carnival cruise, but there is a problem with their repetitiveness when you remember the answers from over a year ago. I have about ~220 ships on a stick now sitting in a box somewhere.

At some point dont you think you are not being fair to your fellow passengers by hogging it all?

At some point dont you think you are not being fair to your fellow passengers by hogging it all?

Carnival should add variety. As a paying customer, I would have as much of a right to sit through as many games of trivia as any other paying customer. It isn't my job to ensure other guests enjoy their vacation. There is no rule, nor will there ever be one, as to how many times you can win.

We've played trivia on every single cruise we've been on so far. Some of the trivia and the questions are the same, but they do change it up from time to time and ship to ship as well. The Beatles music trivia on the Fascination this past year was the first time that was offered on one of our cruises (my wife got all 20 right--but so did two others so it had to go to the tie breaker). The game show mania--someone posted the answers 1-21...except I have never seen game show mania go in order and do 1-21, they always skip numbers and always get much, much higher than 21. I'm sorry, but I feel that if you know the answers because of cheating online or because you've done a btb, you shouldn't play and let other people have the chance to win. However, if you do remember from cruise to cruise that the most utilized method of mass transit is the elevator, or that coca-cola was originally green, or that hippos cause the most deaths in Africa, that's fine because those probably are the most common questions they ask.

We've played trivia on every single cruise we've been on so far. Some of the trivia and the questions are the same, but they do change it up from time to time and ship to ship as well. The Beatles music trivia on the Fascination this past year was the first time that was offered on one of our cruises (my wife got all 20 right--but so did two others so it had to go to the tie breaker). The game show mania--someone posted the answers 1-21...except I have never seen game show mania go in order and do 1-21, they always skip numbers and always get much, much higher than 21. I'm sorry, but I feel that if you know the answers because of cheating online or because you've done a btb, you shouldn't play and let other people have the chance to win. However, if you do remember from cruise to cruise that the most utilized method of mass transit is the elevator, or that coca-cola was originally green, or that hippos cause the most deaths in Africa, that's fine because those probably are the most common questions they ask.

Coca-Cola was originally green? :eek:

I've never done a back to back, nor have I looked them up. However, I was cruising monthly. They were in order, 1 through 60-70ish, for five cruises in a row for me. This was on the Victory, Freedom, Magic, Ecstasy, and Miracle.

Carnival should add variety. As a paying customer, I would have as much of a right to sit through as many games of trivia as any other paying customer. It isn't my job to ensure other guests enjoy their vacation. There is no rule, nor will there ever be one, as to how many times you can win.

I agree they should change their questions but sometimes it is nice to think of others.

Along with saying that if you are "persistent" at guest services they will give you a SOOS in trade for your second place medal! :eek: Guest services has plenty to do without someone feeling they deserve a plastic ship instead of a medal for a silly game and badgering them until they get it. Really?

Along with saying that if you are "persistent" at guest services they will give you a SOOS in trade for your second place medal! :eek: Guest services has plenty to do without someone feeling they deserve a plastic ship instead of a medal for a silly game and badgering them until they get it. Really?

LOL. I was trying to imagine that convo. :D

Didnt know they would do that (nor would I try) but do know that if you get a second gold medal can trade them both for a SOS.

Most likely not, but that is a question that I do remember being asked at least twice while on cruises, and that's the answer that's supplied. I don't question it as that's what answer they want.

Which question number is it so I can mark it down? :p

Archived