Is there something wrong with Freedom?

CocoaMom

People used to rave about this ship, but not so much recently. Is there something wrong with the Freedom?

I'm booked on her for spring, 2014 simply because it was affordable. I could not justify the huge price difference for the Breeze knowing I'm paying for 5 others. I told my PVP my only concern about the Freedom was that she does not have the 2.0 and is now not getting them as planned.

People used to rave about this ship, but not so much recently. Is there something wrong with the Freedom?

I'm booked on her for spring, 2014 simply because it was affordable. I could not justify the huge price difference for the Breeze knowing I'm paying for 5 others. I told my PVP my only concern about the Freedom was that she does not have the 2.0 and is now not getting them as planned.

You said its because of the Breeze and you cant compare the 2. Breeze is far superior.

I'm on her in 6 weeks. I am sure everything will be great!

As for reviews, I like to read them but I don't base my expectations on them. What one person gets annoyed about, another person likes. People rave about the Paradise. Personally, I would not choose to sail her again. There was nothing wrong with the ship. I just didn't like the overall layout. Did we have a good time? You betcha! Smoking or no smoking. Shows or no shows. Food good or bad. It's all about personal beliefs and perspectives.

I wouldn't worry about your cruise. BUT...if you go into it with negative thoughts, I think you will not have a good time.

We've been on the Freedom and I would choose her and any other Conquest class ship over the Dream class. We've been on the Magic twice and much prefer the Freedom to the newer Magic. Unfortunately, when 2.0 does occur on the Freedom she will lose the larger show band and the great shows on the Freedom will be gone.

Can't beat the Freedom's itineraries and if the choice was the same itinerary on the Breeze or the Freedom, we would choose the Freedom, regardless of pricing. We are looking at another cruise on the Freedom next spring just for the itinerary.

Just off the Freedom yesterday. My group all agree that she is the nicest ship and best cruise we have been on so far. The ship is in great shape and the crew was fantastic. We are looking to book her again next year.

And as for the Beatles show with the live band, OUTSTANDING! If you have questions, just ask.

I love the freedom sailed her twice beautiful ship has a great resort feel. Didn't sail her for our upcoming cruise but looking forward to doing the 8 day next year!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We just got off the Freedom yesterday. We have nothing but positive things to say, and I read very few negative reviews in the months prior to sailing. It took a little while to get used to the layout (the galley blocks off a huge portion of deck 3 and you need to go up 2 decks and down to get around) but we loved the ship. It certainly had the best food I've EVER had on a cruise line (CCL or NCL).

We sailed the Freedom July 2012 and loved the ship and its route. I have to say after sailing on the Liberty this summer with the 2.0 upgrades I like the Liberty much more, but the Freedom is still very nice and you can't go wrong with the 8 day itinerary. We will being going on the Breeze next year despite the ridiculous cost as of right now, but we like to try different ships.

Not sure if your aware of it but the Liberty is being reposition to Port Canaveral in 2014 and doing a few 8 day routes (June, July, August) that the Freedom does now.

Freedom is a great ship....one of our best cruises! Definitely liked Freedom more than Breeze, but our Breeze cruise was good, too! In fact, we have not had a bad cruise yet. It is what we make it!

I've cruised on her twice and had two great cruises! You'll have a great time!

Any cruise is a great cruise though, unless the ship sinks or completely burns up! Your odds are pretty good!

Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

The A/C on the 10th floor had serious issues in May. The whole floor was complaining. It wasn't cooling well. Other than that awesome ship.

I hope that has been fixed. We'll be on the 10th deck in 3 weeks.

21 days and I will be sailing her for the 2nd time. I can't wait. She is my favorite Carnival Ship I have sailed on to date.

And now it's down to 20 days.

I hope we can meet since we have been chatting for a long while on the roll call.

Archived