Half Moon Cay?

patriots00celtics

The Half Moon Cay will be a port I will have no planned excursions for.... I was thinking a beach day with some souvenir shopping and pictures... Any suggestions for a solo traveler?

Half Moon Cay is a private island owned by Holland America and used by Carnival as well. There are some excursions from the cruise line that are all water related. Basically it is sea day that happens to be on an island.

Half Moon Cay is a private island owned by Holland America and used by Carnival as well. There are some excursions from the cruise line that are all water related. Basically it is sea day that happens to be on an island.

I have excursions planned for other stops, I want to just lounge on the beach in Half Moon Cay, I hear it is small enough I could walk around the whole island and take pictures? .... So then the entire island is publicly accessible?

I have excursions planned for other stops, I want to just lounge on the beach in Half Moon Cay, I hear it is small enough I could walk around the whole island and take pictures? .... So then the entire island is publicly accessible?

It's a GREAT place to just lounge and enjoy the water. DH isn't much for water or sun, but enjoyed sitting on a lounger in the shade and then later at the I Wish I Could Stay Here Forever bar. :D

From what I have read, there are hiking trails, but I don't know first hand as we didn't get very far down the beach the first time we were there.

Archived