Stayed in an interior on Pacific Princess?

goldiep

We are considering a cruise on this ship, however, there are few interior rooms left. I found one mid ship on deck 8. It looks like the pool and pool bar is above this area. Has anyone stayed in this area of the ship? Is it loud? We were once on RCCL and could not sleep for the bar noise down the hall. We don't want to make that mistake again.

We are considering a cruise on this ship, however, there are few interior rooms left. I found one mid ship on deck 8. It looks like the pool and pool bar is above this area. Has anyone stayed in this area of the ship? Is it loud? We were once on RCCL and could not sleep for the bar noise down the hall. We don't want to make that mistake again.

Sorry I can't help on this because absolutely every time I have booked an inside cabin on the Ocean or Pacific they have upgraded me to an outside.

I believe there are only a very few inside cabins and quite often they are used for entertainers etc rather than passengers unless the ship is sold out early on, a rare thing these days it seems.

You may find you have a good chance, but of course not a guarantee, of a free upgrade to an outside if you book an inside.

Deck 8 on Pacific Princess with an interior cabin has NOISE from above. While on board, deck 7, we heard others complaining, wishing they had known in advance. Our deck 7 interior cabin was excellent and we'd do it again in a minute!!

msk1

We were in cabin 8008 on the Pacific and did hear noise in the early morning when they were cleaning the deck and setting up chairs for the day. Our cabin was under the area of table and chairs, just before going through the doors to reach the forward stairs. The noise only lasted for a few minutes and we weren't annoyed by it. We were more aware of the noise from the steward's room across the hall from us than the noise from above. The Pacific is a wonderful ship and we would not hesitate to sail on her again.

We are going on the Ocean in June, but have chosen a cabin under the Horizon Court. Who knows, we may hear carts above us there! :)

We just got back from the Black Sea cruise on the Pacific Princess. We were in room 8010--just next door to the room occupied by the previous poster. On a few days, we did hear the movement of deck chairs in the morning, but it was slight and did not last long. I really only noticed it on the sea days because on the other days, we were up-and-about before they were moving deck chairs. We never heard the steward's cart.

We found that the pool and the pool bar were not used by anyone after dinner. In fact, I think the pool bar was closed by then. So you shouldn't have to worry about late-night noise from either source. There was one late night party on the pool deck during our cruise. We left at 11pm and didn't hear any noise from it in our cabin. (The party ended around midnight.)

I am a notoriously light sleeper and I slept like a log on this cruise. It was so quiet and the beds are so comfortable. If those interior rooms on deck 8 are still available, I would jump at them!

Hi just a BTW. We were on the Pacific in Jan. and had a balcony cabin on deck 6 a bit forward of the back staircase. Great location. One flight down and you had just about everything and close to the dining room. One thing I did notice on deck 6 was a smell that was quite frequent. Noticed it the first thing when we boarded and every so often during the 10 day cruise. Only down side to the cruise.

Thanks for the input everyone. We decided to go with floor six. A little more for an obstructed view but only canins and guest services nearby.

A little heads up about the obstructed OVs on deck 6 - they are very small - only 143 sq ft, significantly smaller than other cabins. The little table is always in the way - I believe some people ask the steward to remove it.

• 2 weeks later...
A little heads up about the obstructed OVs on deck 6 - they are very small - only 143 sq ft, significantly smaller than other cabins. The little table is always in the way - I believe some people ask the steward to remove it.

We have just returned from a cruise on Ocean Princess in an outside obstructed on Deck 6. Although the quoted size is small, the configuration is good and you should have plenty of room. The cabins are "sideways" with the bed one end and the wardrobe and bathroom at the other end, door access is in the middle. There is no sofa but there is an outsized chair which can get in the way and be a nuisance. Compared to our inside on Oriana recently they are palatial and we wouldn't hesitate to book the same cabin again in the future.

Archived