Advice requested for Conquest-class ship cabin ??

NCTribeFan

OK, I could use some input.

I booked one of the 3 1A cabins that are midship, based on what I read in the "everything 1A" thread.

Here's my question - the 1As have been sold out for a while, so everyone else is getting all these great price drops, but not for me. Almost every category of inside is now less than I paid, but I don't want to move to a "regular" inside cabin.

In checking prices the other day, hoping a 1A had opened up and I could also put in for a drop, I decided to look at OV.

You know those "secret" cabins that used to be 1As and are now 6Bs? The two cabins on Main? Well, one is open. To move up to that category would only be about $30 more, total.

I'm probably solo, so additional space isn't really an issue. Ever since I read about those, I wanted to try one. But then I kept reading about how noisy they can be and how much vibration there is. I've been in aft cabins before and didn't really mind it so much.

So, if anyone's been in BOTH of these cabins categories (I know, it's probably a longshot), would you spend more money for the OV? Note that I actually really like inside cabins. I love the dark sleeping environment. Having a window to look out doesn't mean much to me, but these cabins just look so neat!!

I'm a fairly early riser, and will be up and about for port excursions every day except one, so the shuddering from the thrusters when docking probably wouldn't be an issue.

But if she shakes and shimmies and rattles and clicks and squeaks so much that I don't sleep well, I won't be at all happy. :mad:

Whaddya think?

Have you had either of these cabins on any Conquest-class ship?

Are you talking about 2220/2221? Those are 4B's not 6B's. I've been in 2221 on the Conquest and loved it. The only noise was the waves against the hull, but I got used to that.

The "three" different 1As on Conquest class and midship, just behind the elevators and laundry rooms, on Empress, Upper & Verandah. Apparently they originally had one bed and one bunk, but they've been altered and have two twins and are slightly wider than the neighboring 1As. Don't know why they haven't switched them to cat 4.

I'm talking about moving 2462 or 2465. Way back when, these were 1As, too. When Spendor was launched they categorized them as 6Bs because they are OV after all.

Then they went back and changed them all to 6Bs on the Conquest class ships. I believe they're still 1As on Triumph & Victory.

Are you talking about 2220/2221? Those are 4B's not 6B's. I've been in 2221 on the Conquest and loved it. The only noise was the waves against the hull, but I got used to that.

Hi Janey, those are PTs not 4Bs.

The ones he is talking about are the three that are wider than a regular inside up on decks 6, 7 and 8 and have two twins that push together.

OP I would either stick with what you have or have booked a 1A with portholes.

I was in both those cabins, when they were 1As, 2267 and 61, and the floor did vibrate, though it was not bad. My sister who is HC had trouble getting by the bed, but its a nice cabin with two large windows. .. but I rarely pay extra to see out, just me. I would have not booked the cabins up above if you didnt need the convenience of a higher deck.. (which is why we booked them over 1As with port holes).

Now Im solo and really really dont care.

Well, I did have 2217 booked. It was good (Glory to Bermuda) but I didn't sleep well - too much movement and way too much banging of the waves against the hull. I like to stay in different cabins, which is why I moved to the midship 1A. Just something different to try.

There's still a chance someone might join me and I'm not sure we'd want the sofabed (person is large) in the porthole cabin.

I looked at pics of the 6Bs and it does look like a tight squeeze with the two beds together. I imagine it would be very, very tight with the beds separated.

I guess I'll stick with what I have. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will "upgrade" out of a 1A and I can get a price drop. But it's already down $150 from when I booked, and I thought I was getting a pretty good price then, so I'm happy.

Archived