Lido and Dining room Food

Howasaur

We just completed a 19 day Alaskan Tour Cruise. We made a decision to not carry around a suit for 12 days. Because we were under the mistaken idea that the food serviced in both the Lido and Dining room were the same with the exception of the service. On formal nights Surf and Turf was serviced in Dining room and not the Lido, Also the large Shrimp coktails were served in the dining room and not the Lido. on formal nights. Next time I'll take a jacket at least. Its my fault but I thought I should mention it.

We just completed a 19 day Alaskan Tour Cruise. We made a decision to not carry around a suit for 12 days. Because we were under the mistaken idea that the food serviced in both the Lido and Dining room were the same with the exception of the service. On formal nights Surf and Turf was serviced in Dining room and not the Lido, Also the large Shrimp coktails were served in the dining room and not the Lido. on formal nights. Next time I'll take a jacket at least. Its my fault but I thought I should mention it.

Other than that, how was the cruisetour?

(Something for future reference, I recently learned you can order room service from the MDR menu)

While the Lido isn't exactly the same menu, you can order anything from the dining room menu(the current night) to be delivered to your stateroom including the surf and turf.

Thank-you both Shmoo here and waASPCrusier I completley forgot about room service. The wholw Tour cruise was out of this world saw lots of Wildlife we were with a great group on the land portion, Cruise Director and Bus driver were the best. We got everyones e-mail address to exchange pictures. i would always do the land portion forst because this is when we bonded with the group

Glad you had a wonderful land tour and cruise.

We did the same thing years ago and I always recommend that people take the land tour first and then rest up on the ship.

Quite a few people have reported here that on formal nights they were not able to get lobster in the Lido.

Thank-you both Shmoo here and waASPCrusier I completley forgot about room service. The wholw Tour cruise was out of this world saw lots of Wildlife we were with a great group on the land portion, Cruise Director and Bus driver were the best. We got everyones e-mail address to exchange pictures. i would always do the land portion forst because this is when we bonded with the group

Who was your Tour Concierge? And driver? Just curious.

Things have changed (does this sound familiar?) in the Lido. A lot of the offerings for dinner are quite different now from what is being served in the MDR.

We used to take a run through the Lido before dinner just to see what the MDR menu items look like. Helped us decide what to order. This doesn't work too well now!

Sorry about the delay it was Olivia Putnam she was fantastic was available 24 hours a day. and took the time to know each person on the land tour Part. Our driver Jim was also the best. Anything that was important she underlined in Yellow felt and also told us which restaurant were good to go to either for Fast food service or sitdown. We tried a halibut pizza in Denali and it was great.

Archived