Existing reservations and Explore4

Nanner

I figured something really important. If people book through a site strictly Internet with a little human support , the result is you won't get these offers as you were put into a very restricted coded offer by those Internet TA's then u can't add even air to those reservations , they are doomed to be rebooked. Other Internet TAs with moderate human support but the initial price is moderately more $ , will land you in a less restrictive fare and then u can add anything without rebooking. It all comes down to know exactly what that TA is giving u. Can't have it all. Certain codes that those TAs slap on the reservation will make a big diff.

Thebes, I did not book through an Internet site. I booked through a brick-and-mortar Travel Agency in my hometown. This Agency has had a good working relationship with HAL for well over 15 years. My agent is going back a second time to see if I can get the promo added to my cruise. Do I have any restrictive codes on my cruise? No, I booked at advertised rate on the day the cruise was announced at, what I am sure, is the "rack rate". Why? I'm a solo traveller. We don't get any special deals from HAL who doesn't really like us.

According to my TA today, there was a meeting in Seattle this morning. He had me on the phone for about 15 min, trying to get answers. Those Reps who added the package to the lower fare, were in "violation". My TA sounded very serious when he said this--like someone was going to be in trouble! I would have had to pay another $700PP to get this benefit.

I am so sick of HAL. I thought they were a class line that cared about it's customers. I have no problem with not qualifying, but they should have had their act in order. And, we better not hear about more people getting this added, unless they paid top dollar for their cruise!

Has anyone heard anything more about this? I have a friend whose TA was able to get the Explore4 added to her reservation at no extra cost to her, even though the price of the cruise has gone up $1,000/pp since she booked. I've told her to keep quiet about it :D but I'm just wondering....anything?

Hi

I don't understand anything HAl is doing. They give nothing to thiere solo guests. We don't even get douple points even though we have to pay double or more.

Now that I booked early I am being punished and not getting the explore package. Its not the package Its how some are getting it and some are not. HAl is going to have a very big problem when 2,000 people or more will want to eat in the Piniccle Grill. Then it will not be a special event. People will not dress up. It will be interesting when 3,4 and higher Mariner's

cannot get a reservations because there are 2,000 pax looking to eat there.

Mary

Hi

I don't understand anything HAl is doing. They give nothing to thiere solo guests. We don't even get douple points even though we have to pay double or more.

Now that I booked early I am being punished and not getting the explore package. Its not the package Its how some are getting it and some are not. HAl is going to have a very big problem when 2' date='000 people or more will want to eat in the Piniccle Grill. Then it will not be a special event. People will not dress up. It will be interesting when 3,4 and higher Mariner's

cannot get a reservations because there are 2,000 pax looking to eat there.

Mary[/quote']

Yeah!!! Really ! What are they thinking ?

I might not even use the PG. it's gonna be a ZOO !

Tamarind here I come ! Booking right now :)

According to a HAL I agent I just spoke with, the Pinnacle Grill is pre-assigned to you by HAL - both the date and time. And while you can try to get it changed onboard, it's not guaranteed. So if it end up being a formal night, and you don't do formal nights, you can't go. Not sure if I think much of this promotion.

According to a HAL I agent I just spoke with, the Pinnacle Grill is pre-assigned to you by HAL - both the date and time. And while you can try to get it changed onboard, it's not guaranteed. So if it end up being a formal night, and you don't do formal nights, you can't go. Not sure if I think much of this promotion.

It is in the T&C:

" Reservations and dining times will be assigned and a confirmation card for Specialty Restaurant dining will be placed in your stateroom upon embarkation day. Offer excludes Specialty Dining Events in the Pinnacle Grill such as Le Cirque, de Librije, Master Chef’s Table and Sommelier Dinner."

I figured something really important. If people book through a site strictly Internet with a little human support , the result is you won't get these offers as you were put into a very restricted coded offer by those Internet TA's then u can't add even air to those reservations , they are doomed to be rebooked. Other Internet TAs with moderate human support but the initial price is moderately more $ , will land you in a less restrictive fare and then u can add anything without rebooking. It all comes down to know exactly what that TA is giving u. Can't have it all. Certain codes that those TAs slap on the reservation will make a big diff.

Afraid not. I booked directly with HAL, by phone when the itinerary first was announced. Full price at the time on a "qualified" itinerary. My only "perks" were FCC and the 140th Anniversary OBC. No dice and no Explore4 without an extra $500/pp to rebook, whereby I'd lose both the FCC and the OBC. Gee, this past weekend has really been a bummer! :eek:

Approx. 2 weeks ago we booked 2 rooms for a Christmas cruise. According to the website the package Explore 4 should be included. When I called The Dutch HAL office they said that it would be impossible to get this deal included for us. The rates are still exactly the same as 2 weeks ago, full cost. I know it's not a major deal, but it's a shame that some people get it and others don't.

When we booked our Alaskan 2014 cruise (directly with HAL) our balcony stateroom had the category change from AA to A. Obviously to charge more.

And P.S., why are they referring to this stateroom (6164) as a Vista Suite when it's just a balcony cabin?

Called HAL today and was told that when we booked, the rate was $260/person less than it is today. If we want to add Explore 4, we have to pay the extra $260/person more. Explore 4 was too good to be true. Figures

Approx. 2 weeks ago we booked 2 rooms for a Christmas cruise. According to the website the package Explore 4 should be included. When I called The Dutch HAL office they said that it would be impossible to get this deal included for us. The rates are still exactly the same as 2 weeks ago, full cost. I know it's not a major deal, but it's a shame that some people get it and others don't.

Someone on our cruise (lives in Holland) dealt directly with HAL head office by email. They were able to have it added to their cruise (Feb. 2014) at no extra cost.

You could try that as well, since you are dealing directly with them.

Sometimes, it does take 2 or 3 tries before you get an answer to your liking.

Afraid not. I booked directly with HAL, by phone when the itinerary first was announced. Full price at the time on a "qualified" itinerary. My only "perks" were FCC and the 140th Anniversary OBC. No dice and no Explore4 without an extra $500/pp to rebook, whereby I'd lose both the FCC and the OBC. Gee, this past weekend has really been a bummer! :eek:

Just try calling again. Just don't tell them you are calling back. Start from scratch.

We booked our October 2014 Hawaii/Tahiti cruise through an online TA a few weeks ago and got a great rate. I just called them to see if we qualified for the Explore4 package, and we do, without any requirement to rebook. And, the best part is, we get the $55pp per day beverage credit! All I was hoping for was the $50 beverage cards! We'll never drink that much per day but it will be nice not to have to pay for any drinks for the whole trip.

I encourage everyone to at least make the call; you have nothing to lose.

And P.S., why are they referring to this stateroom (6164) as a Vista Suite when it's just a balcony cabin?

Because it will give you double days credit toward Mariner * status, which "just a balcony cabin" does not.

It is in the T&C:

" Reservations and dining times will be assigned and a confirmation card for Specialty Restaurant dining will be placed in your stateroom upon embarkation day. Offer excludes Specialty Dining Events in the Pinnacle Grill such as Le Cirque, de Librije, Master Chef’s Table and Sommelier Dinner."

I saw that in the T and Cs - just wanted to find out if it could be changed. Apparently not. So the promo is really Explore3 for me.

I honestly believe the depending in the customer service rep. They can be knowledgeable or ignorant. If they're ignorant and they don't seek help from their experienced colleague then u get what u get.try calling everyday. I bet u there will be a different answer.

Because it will give you double days credit toward Mariner * status, which "just a balcony cabin" does not.

Wow... I was about to get rid of that room on the Eurodam but since its a vista suite I'm keeping it :)

LOTS secrets with HA. It a mystery cruise line " MCL". LoL

Just try calling again. Just don't tell them you are calling back. Start from scratch.

With all the "ifs" and "buts," it's just not worth it:

Pinnacle at an assigned time

If the price goes down you have to give up your Explore4 to get the decrease

Can't be used on anything over $7 - no paying the difference

JMO, but not worth the effort to keep calling.

Hi

I am not going to waste my time calling hal. If they do not care about me. Fine I will never drink that much in a day For what they want per person they can have it. Last cruise I was a solo and drank wine every night. I did not drink the whole bottle. I did the 2 for one and had scotch. I hate Coke and bought Pepsi on board But now I have not have a glass since I left Seattle last year. I do like Alaska Ale. but since my friend is going None of us would drink 80.00 a day. So they can keep that package too. Why bother spending money on the cruise for points. when you a loyal customer will probably not be allowed in the once beautiful pinnacle grill. You do know it will not be as special as it once once. Do you really think the food will be as good for free paying passengers

Mary

I saw that in the T and Cs - just wanted to find out if it could be changed. Apparently not. So the promo is really Explore3 for me.

I would love to change the reservation. There is four of us in the cabin, but I bet the reservation will be for two. Also one day on the cruise will be my anniversary. And my luck it will not fall on that date either.

Wow... I was about to get rid of that room on the Eurodam but since its a vista suite I'm keeping it :)

LOTS secrets with HA. It a mystery cruise line " MCL". LoL

Are there vista suites on the Eurodam? I thought that was for the S and R class. The signature, neptune and pinnacle suites on Eurodam should be the only one that would count for double days.

Rachel

Emailed my TA for our April Med cruise on the NA. She promised to check it this morning and indicated 'they are putting it on some cruises, but not all so I can't say yes until I check with them'.

If I try to do a new booking for this cruise, an icon pops up indicating it is eligible for the beverage package, so we'll see.

why some folks are so down on this program. Hey, for me and for many others who have reported here, it's FREE! Did not have to rebook, and kept my online TA low rate and OBC. No, we won't drink $100 worth of beverages a day, but what we do drink will be FREE! A couple of sodas, 2 or 3 glasses of house wine, it's FREE! Pinnacle at an assigned time, not ideal maybe, but it is FREE! It was well worth 10 minutes of my time on the phone with the TA. We are happy.