Family Suite question on Crown Princess

pgmrdev

Anyone know if there are privacy curtains for both bedrooms in the Family Suite on the Crown? Also is a family suite considered a suite for the extra amenities? We usually do a Penthouse Suite and have enjoyed the breakfast in Sabatini's plus the laundry amenities and have gotten to like it so am curious if they are also part of a family suite. Thanks for any help.

irflag.gif Tom irflag.gif

Anyone know if there are privacy curtains for both bedrooms in the Family Suite on the Crown? Also is a family suite considered a suite for the extra amenities? We usually do a Penthouse Suite and have enjoyed the breakfast in Sabatini's plus the laundry amenities and have gotten to like it so am curious if they are also part of a family suite. Thanks for any help.

Well there is a door between the joint sitting area and the inside cabin sleeping area, but not the mini-suite sleeping area. (Family suites are an inside room and minisuite with a joint sitting area.)

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/unique-cabins/uniquesapdia

If you are looking for more division there are some great magnetic hooks on amazon for 15-25 bucks that will stick to the ceiling. Combine with an opaque shower curtain and viola, you have a nice privacy divider.

Dont make the same mistake i did with the hooks and remove the spacers that they ship with to see how strong the magnets are..it took my neighbor and i each with a vice grip to get these apart. They do scratch things up a bit too.

http://www.amazon.com/Neodymium-Hook-Magnets-Holds-Pounds/dp/B001KURW4Q/ref=sr_1_2?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1375202464&sr=1-2

Also is a family suite considered a suite for the extra amenities? We usually do a Penthouse Suite and have enjoyed the breakfast in Sabatini's plus the laundry amenities and have gotten to like it so am curious if they are also part of a family suite. Thanks for any help.

I just looked at the description of Crown Princess Staterooms on the Princess website ( http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/kp/staterooms/index.jsp). The description of Family Suite with Balcony includes a reference to the Suite amenities.

We had the family suite on the Sapphire four years ago. There is a door to the inside cabin going into the living area. No widows but a reasonable size room. My DD and SIL were in there with a crib as well. Also a nice head area. Large living area. There was a curtain between the living and the main sleeping area. We got more amenities than were expected and enjoyed it very much.

The only problem was with the balcony. It was very large and nice, but it is up front and as we went from Carbo San Lucas to LA it was so windy with no protection in front that we could hardly use it the last day at sea.

I don't know your itinerary but I hope this helps.

What is the category for the family suite, how do you dind it on the pricing section of the Princess site and how does the price rate vs. booking a mini and an inside separtely?

Category S8 on the ships that have it

When looking at pricing, select suites

If available, it will show up under forward suites

As far as cost, you need to check out the pricing on the voyage you are interested in. Normally the two cabins would be less expensive than the family suite.

Caribill,

Thank you so much for the quick reply and answers to my questions. I looked for a family suite on the Crown Princess deck plans but couldn't find it, anyone know if the Crown has one?

Suite D106. It can be found on the Princess Deck plans. The pic shows the main sleeping area and living area. There is an additional room with seperate entrance that you cannot see. It has a door and is like an inside cabin.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the cabin number. I guess I couldn't find it because of the door you can't see.

If I can find my pics, I will post them on here for you. The internet is running very slow today, so those two things might make this take a while.

Sometimes the Princess web site will show that suites are sold when they are not. Princess would really rather have people call about them, either through a TA or Princess themselves. Especially the family suites.

I found that out while trying to find suites for cruises over a year from now and they are showed as sold. When I called Princess they were able to help me.

I dont know if you have looked into this more, but being retired I have plenty of time. I googled and found these pics. http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=crmas&sz=all&va=family+suites+crown+princess.

I dont know if you have looked into this more, but being retired I have plenty of time. I googled and found these pics. http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=crmas&sz=all&va=family+suites+crown+princess.

I've been in the Family Suite on the Sapphire twice (both times as a free upgrade). I've never been in the one on the Crown, but presumably it's the same as the Sapphire. Some of the photos that you linked to look like the Family Suite, but others look like they are from some other suite, not the Family. For example, there were not two separate windows in the Family Suite on the Sapphire.

Here's a link to my review/photos of the Family Suite on the Sapphire. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1077929

Your right . Not all those pics were from the Sapphire. The one with two windows is on the Disney Lines. The first one were of Princess Family Suites.

I looked at your link. Good pics. I think I pointed out earlier as your link does that the balcony is unusable on the way back north. It was usable on the way south. I did not think you could get compensation back for that. I would have tried, even though it was an upgrade for us as well. But I did love the suite perks.

• 1 month later...

New to Princess, looking to book Caribbean Princess for January out of our new home in Houston. Thought the Family Suites would be perfect for us but they are sold out for the week we were looking at, started looking at other weeks and after over an hour of looking, I couldn't find a single cruise ....looked into 2015, none showed them as available. I find it hard to believe that they are never available....any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

New to Princess, looking to book Caribbean Princess for January out of our new home in Houston. Thought the Family Suites would be perfect for us but they are sold out for the week we were looking at, started looking at other weeks and after over an hour of looking, I couldn't find a single cruise ....looked into 2015, none showed them as available. I find it hard to believe that they are never available....any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

I think Family Suites may have to be booked with Princess directly, or your TA can, of course, handle it for you.

I thought that you had to call Princess directly to book a family suite. I didn't think you could book them online. I might be wrong, but that could explain why none are available on the site.

There aren't that many to begin with. Most Grand class ships and the like only have two so they do sell fast. We did look into them and we could have booked through our TA but didn't like the way they were set up.

Sent from my MB886 using Forums mobile app

We were in the family suite-there is a door from the main bedroom and the second bedroom, but the sitting area is open by the main room. We asked our room steward to hang a curtain at the end of our bed which worked great. Yes the extras are really nice, we never missed breakfast at Sabatinis.

• 1 month later...

Archived