Is Adventure fine for our second cruise?

Hey guys,

A couple of weeks ago I was asking which should our next cruise be, we are sailing out of Puerto Rico in January so we had to choose either the Jewel or Adventure. We finally chose Adventure, even though Jewel looks BEAUTIFUL and I really wanted to ride those sea front elevators :p maybe in a future will be.

We chose Adventure because of the size (first cruise was Oasis) so we didnt really want to feel such a downsize, and miss the Royal Promenade which was one of my favorite parts of the ship. Also the money factor, our TA got us a really good deal, about 1,200 dollars for both uf us in an inside cabin. Not even RC website had that low fare! and Jewel is about 1700 dollars for the same cabin...

We might not feel a small size, but Ive heard Adventure is feeling old, so is it a good option to make it our second cruise? I am also keeping in mind that this is a itinerary full of ports and there is pretty much just one day at sea so we might not even notice the difference in things to do.

I die to go back to the Oasis but I hope they do different itineraries in a future. In the other hand I also want to experiment the feel of a "normal" ship. Those pool parties being mentioned in another thread sound great.

My TA suggested Celebrity, and while the ships are beautiful, I think I will try them when Im on my 30s hehe

This would be our first cruise as C&A, barely gold, but well, we all start there right :D Im ooking forward for the gold benefits by now, as little as they might be

Any advise you can give me on this ship?

Thanks!

Disclaimer: I'm a little biased since my first cruise (2006) was on Adventure.

You'll love it. The Royal Promenade is a great feature and it's well done on Adventure. The Southern Caribbean itinerary is awesome, my favorite (well, other then Alaska, which is in a class by itself).

The only downfall is they don't have chops. I love chops and we go on every ship (well, except Adventure, because they didn't have it!) The ship does have Portofino.

As for being on an older ship, I have been on two ships older then Adventure (Radiance and Jewel). While the ships are older, Royal Caribbean does a great job keeping them maintained. I've never seen a Royal Caribbean ship "showing its age" so that should not be a concern.

Just go and enjoy. :)

We disembarked Adventure last week. It is a lovely sized ship and we would be happy to sail on her again but not until the refurbishment is completed which I think is scheduled for January 2014, presumably after your sailing. The Promenade was excellent and the crew were brilliant too.

The ship didn't seem too bad in the public areas but our Grand Suite was pretty shabby. There were stains and marks on the soft furnishings, one of the sinks leaked dreadfully so couldn't be used (obviously a longterm problem as the cupboard underneath was rotten at the back), coffee maker wouldn't work, drawers required muscles like Arnie to open etc.

I didn't realise how old the ship was when it was due to be refurbed when I booked it and considering the price I paid I was disappointed.

I am so glad you mentioned the issue with the Grand Suite room you had. I was planning to upgrade, however I heard the refurbishment is not until April 2014, so when I cruise, it will still be the same. I'll just keep my Balcony.

I am so glad you mentioned the issue with the Grand Suite room you had. I was planning to upgrade, however I heard the refurbishment is not until April 2014, so when I cruise, it will still be the same. I'll just keep my Balcony.

Can't give you any information, but I'll be getting off Adventure when you board! I've read very good things about the ship, and the ports look fantastic! :)

I know Voyager Class is smaller than Oasis Class....but truly...it's still a BIG ship! Personally, this is my favorite class! Big enough to have plenty to do, but not so large that you have to walk yourself to death! You will have a wonderful cruise!

Refurb is april 2014. I will be on again for two weeks last of January and first week of Feb. This will be our third back two back on the adventure....love this ship. Yes she is showing some wear and tear...buy my goodness, she sails full all the time, and while we may not abuse couches or carpets or beds in our own homes, it seems to have other affects on guests...I think RCCL does a great job of keeping the ship in good shape.

Can't give you any information, but I'll be getting off Adventure when you board! I've read very good things about the ship, and the ports look fantastic! :)

Yes, the ports are fantastic!!! I wish I could have done a b2b, but not this time. I will definitely be going back. My current plans are:

Feb 2014 - Carribean

July 2015 - Europe

Dec 2015 - Carribean out of Florida

Feb 2016 - San Juan

Hopefully, if everthing works out well, I will be able to take these cruises.

I've sailed Adventure several times. I love the ship as well as the itineraries that it sails. The southern Caribbean is awesome. We have also sailed Serenade which is a sister ship to Jewel. I much prefer Advenure. We really miss the Royal Promenade when we are on a ship without one.

Which Southern Caribbean itinerary are you looking at? Been on both and both are great.

The Adventure is by far our favorite ship even though when we last sailed a little over a year ago she was starting to show her age. We also had a GS and in our opinion, it is worth the upgrade for all that it offers especially with the larger balcony and the beautiful ports you will be able to enjoy while sitting on it. Add the amenities, size of room etc, it can't be beat if your budget allows.

We look forward to sailing on Adventure again some time in the near future.

Archived