Cruise Credits

SewLady

Can anyone tell me if extra cruise credits are acquired by sailing in full suites?

We have 17 cruise credits, but at least three of those cruises were in full suites.

Linda

Full suites should be double cruise credits not days . Mini- suites don't count as double.

From Princess

Quote"Note: Each time you book and sail in a full suite or sail alone in a cabin in which you pay the exclusive occupancy fare we will count it as two cruises! "

Yes, you now get a second cruise credit for sailing in a full suite. This started about 2 years ago or so. You can verify your cruise credits by signing onto Princess.Com

Thanks Paul, if it was just two years ago, the suites we sailed in were over two years ago.

Linda

Thanks Paul, if it was just two years ago, the suites we sailed in were over two years ago.

Linda

G'day Linda, The Princess web site has this which might go to answering your question.

Will I receive multiple credits for my previous Princess sailings on which I paid for and sailed in a full suite and/or paid exclusive occupancy?

Answer: We will begin adding multiple cruise credits for passengers who sail in a full suite and/or at exclusive occupancy fares beginning with sailings that begin on or after December 7, 2008. One cruise credit will count for each cruise beginning prior to December 7, regardless of cabin category and fare.

Can anyone tell me if extra cruise credits are acquired by sailing in full suites?

We have 17 cruise credits, but at least three of those cruises were in full suites.

Linda

If you sailed in suites before the program started at the end of 2008 they will not retroactively give you double credits.

We had several suite cruises before that policy began and they count as one.

Mike:)

G'day Linda, The Princess web site has this which might go to answering your question.

Will I receive multiple credits for my previous Princess sailings on which I paid for and sailed in a full suite and/or paid exclusive occupancy?

Answer: We will begin adding multiple cruise credits for passengers who sail in a full suite and/or at exclusive occupancy fares beginning with sailings that begin on or after December 7, 2008. One cruise credit will count for each cruise beginning prior to December 7, regardless of cabin category and fare.

That date is when they also started giving two cruise credits for a b2b booked as a single cruise. However, that is not automatic. You must ask the Captain's Circle rep (either on board or at HQ) to get it.

Unless the full suite is as the result of an upgrade or upsell. We had this happen last year but, we were so happy we didn't care:D

I can see them not giving double credit for a free upgrade to a full suite, but if they offer an upsell and I pay for it I'd think the double credit would be in order. The upsell would be an actual change to my booking, so I would've "booked and sailed" in a suite which is what they say you need to do in order to get the double credit.

I can see them not giving double credit for a free upgrade to a full suite, but if they offer an upsell and I pay for it I'd think the double credit would be in order. The upsell would be an actual change to my booking, so I would've "booked and sailed" in a suite which is what they say you need to do in order to get the double credit.

Yes, all Upgrades or upsells would be a change to the booking. An Upsell is however, usually far below the going rate for the category. I'd rather have the $$ than the Circle point:D But if I could get both:D:D. I sent an email to Captain Circle for clarification.

Could someone please explain Cruise Credits for me please.

I have never stayed in a suite, but have done several Princess cruises from Southampton.

I have no idea how they work, or if there are any benefits.

TIA

You get one cruise credit for each cruise you take. You get an extra cruise credit if you are booked into a full suite. You also get an extra cruise credit if you sail solo. So, if you are solo and in a full suite you get 3 cruise credits.

The qualifications for the different levels of the Captain's Circle are based on number of nights on Princess ships OR number of cruise credits. So, for instance, Platinum required either 5 cruise credits or 50 nights. If you travel solo or in a suite, you could make Platinum with 3 cruises, regardless of their length.

There is also a Loyalty OBC given after you reach 20 cruise credits.

That date is when they also started giving two cruise credits for a b2b booked as a single cruise. However, that is not automatic. You must ask the Captain's Circle rep (either on board or at HQ) to get it.

We have several b2b cruises as well. Now I will have to work out which ones they were and when they were. All for $25!! Well I guess it could go towards a bottle of wine!!

Thanks for all the replies.

Linda

You get one cruise credit for each cruise you take. You get an extra cruise credit if you are booked into a full suite. You also get an extra cruise credit if you sail solo. So, if you are solo and in a full suite you get 3 cruise credits.

The qualifications for the different levels of the Captain's Circle are based on number of nights on Princess ships OR number of cruise credits. So, for instance, Platinum required either 5 cruise credits or 50 nights. If you travel solo or in a suite, you could make Platinum with 3 cruises, regardless of their length.

There is also a Loyalty OBC given after you reach 20 cruise credits.

And we are at 17 cruise credits at the moment, will be 18 soon. Keep on sailing I guess.

We have several b2b cruises as well. Now I will have to work out which ones they were and when they were. All for $25!! Well I guess it could go towards a bottle of wine!!

Thanks for all the replies.

Linda

When I heard that you could get the second cruise credit for a b2b booked as one cruise, I called Princess. One was a few months past, the other was about 3 years. Got the credit with no problem

Archived