Buffet Lines on the Glory

gaillyn

I have been reading that the lines for the breakfast buffets go around the ship! Is there are time that is best to get to the buffets? TIA!

That is by no means true. There are peak times when the buffet is at its busiest but you won't have to wait more than 10 - 15 minutes.

We just got off the Glory on Sunday and didn't experience anything like this. At most the line was 20 deep, and that was on debarkation morning when everyone was trying to eat at the same time. There are a few different breakfast areas, so if one seems overly busy, go around the corner and the next line will likely be shorter. Also, remember that the Blue Iguana is open for breakfast, serving breakfast burritos. Didn't get around to having one, but they looked great. It's by the pool deck outside, and I never saw a line there at all.

We are also just off. The lines were not that long at all. The omelet lines were even short. We usually went between 7:30 and 8:00. Tip - don't get into the first line you see. Check them all out. There is also a "secret" omelet station on the starboard side.

It also depends on the passenger makeup and whats going on that day / the previous day.

For example. Younger crowd, at sea day, in port the day before = lots of partying the night before = sleeping late and skipping breakfast / ordering room service.

Older crowd / lots of families, 10am port time, you might get more people going to the buffet

I can't speak for the glory buffet lines but we experienced lines on princess so we decided not to do the buffet. You can do the mdr for sea days but we learned to order room service for breakfast! It comes hot and on time and you don't have to get dressed and fight lines.

We just got off the Glory on Sunday and didn't experience anything like this. At most the line was 20 deep, and that was on debarkation morning when everyone was trying to eat at the same time. There are a few different breakfast areas, so if one seems overly busy, go around the corner and the next line will likely be shorter. Also, remember that the Blue Iguana is open for breakfast, serving breakfast burritos. Didn't get around to having one, but they looked great. It's by the pool deck outside, and I never saw a line there at all.

The breakfast burrito's at Blue Iguana were awesome. I found the lines for breakfast buffett on the glory were longer than I expected. They were the longest from about 8am to 9:30am. I had the breakfast burrito's almost every morning, never waited more than 5 minutes to get one and they were very yummy! :)

I can't speak for the glory buffet lines

but we experienced lines on princess so we decided not to do the buffet. ===> Exactly!

You can do the MDR for sea days but we learned to order room service for breakfast!

It comes hot and on time and you don't have to get dressed and fight lines.

There are always so many food-source alternatives on a cruise ship!

What is this fascination...no, this compulsion...with the Lido Buffet?

Do y'all like the suffering? I have to wonder sometimes! :D

We were on the Glory at the end of June and only experienced long lines 1 time. It was at breakfast and the longest we stood in line that time was prob. 15 mins. and then one day at lunch we had trouble finding a table but other than that no problems at all...ENJOY!!

There are always so many food-source alternatives on a cruise ship!

What is this fascination...no, this compulsion...with the Lido Buffet?

Do y'all like the suffering? I have to wonder sometimes! :D

For me, it is because I can get a full hot breakfast quickly.

The room service menu is limited to a continental breakfast and the MDR is too lesiurely for my taste on port days. I will do MDR breakfast on sea days though.

got off sunday and never had to wait for a table and the lines were never over a 10 minute wait, not bad. if it was bad then you can go to mdr instead of buffet.

You just have to remember that the MDR is only open for breakfast on sea days.

The wait time for the buffet is only the beginning of the problem. Worst is finding a place to sit! :eek:

We enjoyed going up to Fish & Chips on Glory for lunch! :)

On "Fun Days At Sea" the MDR is also a nice place to have lunch.

LuLu

~~~~

You just have to remember that the MDR is only open for breakfast on sea days.

Not so. MDR has open seating breakfast on port days from 8am-10am.

On "Fun Days At Sea" the MDR is also a nice place to have lunch.

LuLu

~~~~

Lunch on sea days has been replaced with the brunch menu which features some lunch items.

We were also just off the glory this past Sunday. We are not buffet people and really like to sit and be served so ate in the MDR just about every day. We surely do not need to be the first one off the ship, so we go down, have a relaxing breakfast, and then just walk off with no crowds.

That said, we did have to eat in the buffet for one early morning tour and there were basically no lines at all. As one said, the biggest problem is finding a place to sit, which, I assume is a problem for all buffet dining.

As was said, there is one omelets station that is sort of out of the way, that was basically empty.

Excellent omelets also.

Cheers

Len

Not so. MDR has open seating breakfast on port days from 8am-10am.

Lunch on sea days has been replaced with the brunch menu which features some lunch items.

Ok, you got me on that one. I meant to post that on a different thread in a second window I had open on the computer and then had to go out of the firehouse on a run. I came back and posted in the wrong window. :o

Ok, you got me on that one. I meant to post that on a different thread in a second window I had open on the computer and then had to go out of the firehouse on a run. I came back and posted in the wrong window. :o

No worries. I hope your run tonight wasn't to Cypress Point where my family live!

The Blue Iguana is awesome and they also have pre made(not sure what they are called) baked tortilla with chicken and cheese that are really good in the morning too

Archived