MIA to POM taxi question

BigRed93

Will be taking a cab - looks like the fare is about $25 flat fee, right? straight there without stops..

Does anyone have experience with what the cost would be, and where a store would be on the way if I asked the driver to stop real quick to pick up some drinks?

This is not my usual behaviour. We always go down a day before, but I just saw a fantastic deal and I might sneak another cruise in, and if we do that, we have to fly in early the morning of. I want to stop to pick up our allotment of drinks before boarding. But I'd really like to know there's a place of the way. CVS, Walgreens, anything quick.

Oh, I don't like the flight on the same day of the cruise so I wish you well with that.

In terms of your question, this is going to vary by driver. You could say to the driver that you know that it is a flat fee to the port. You were wondering if he could still do the flat fee but take you over to say the CVS near the port so you can quickly pick up some items and could you pay him directly for that stop and if so how much.

Keith

Your driver will either put you on the meter, costing you extra for the stop (so shop fast! :rolleyes:), or some have reported success in negotiating a $10 or so tip on top of the $24 fare -- the driver keeps all of his tips but splits the fares with the cab company; how closely they monitor his location via GPS may force the issue to the meter.

Any Publix gorcery will have a good selection of wine and drinks; any CVS or Walgreens drug store will have a more limited selection -- talk it over with your driver.

Good luck! :)

Archived