Fascination ocean view cabin question

RWA Cruisers

I've tried searching here on CC, but can't seem to find any details. We are three adults traveling together and we're booked in an ocean view room on the Upper Deck. What I'm wondering is how much closet and drawer space will be in the room? If anyone has pictures or specific information, that they would like to share, we would appreciate it.

You will have the same floor space and storage as any regular cabin as insides and OVs are exactly the same except for the fake window in the inside.

185 s.f. and put suitcases under the two twins. 3 regular drawers plus one skinny one. three sections of closet, two of which you can hang things in. Up to a dozen hangers, I use them all by myself. Some people bring extra hangers from home. There are some shelves in the other section of the closet for shorts and things you want out of sight but dont have storage for elsewhere.

You will have the same floor space and storage as any regular cabin as insides and OVs are exactly the same except for the fake window in the inside.

185 s.f. and put suitcases under the two twins. 3 regular drawers plus one skinny one. three sections of closet, two of which you can hang things in. Up to a dozen hangers, I use them all by myself. Some people bring extra hangers from home. There are some shelves in the other section of the closet for shorts and things you want out of sight but dont have storage for elsewhere.

I haven't cruised before and the other two haven't done so in many years, so we really had nothing to compare it to. Thanks for the info!

Here's some pictures from Paradise, which is a sister ship (and hasn't been upgraded), to give you an idea of storage space until someone with Facination pics comes along. 1 open closet, closed closet has hanging on one side and shelves on the other, desk has 3 "clothes" drawers and 1 "paperwork" drawer. Hope this helps.

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

Here's some pictures from Paradise, which is a sister ship (and hasn't been upgraded), to give you an idea of storage space until someone with Facination pics comes along. 1 open closet, closed closet has hanging on one side and shelves on the other, desk has 3 "clothes" drawers and 1 "paperwork" drawer. Hope this helps.

Pictures are worth a thousand words. This helps A LOT. Thanks for sharing!!

• 4 weeks later...

DD and I have steward split lower beds and put one along each side wall. Frees up the entire middle of the room and you could (if desired) leave the upper bunk open all day.

Also, we bring an over-the-door shoe holder to keep odds & ends in - camera, hairbrush, first aid... most anything small.

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

It will be the same as the above pics with the exception there are wardrobe doors at the open space by the stateroom door. And different decor.

DD and I have steward split lower beds and put one along each side wall. Frees up the entire middle of the room and you could (if desired) leave the upper bunk open all day.

Also, we bring an over-the-door shoe holder to keep odds & ends in - camera, hairbrush, first aid... most anything small.

YES - the door hanger storage things really are a great help.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/zenphoto/index.php?album=Carnival+Fascination%2FCat+Oceanview%2FStateroom+U206#3

Lots of photos on that site.

The over the door thing helps a lot for all those pesky items you use all the time. Get a thicker plastic one, the one from W'mart was flimsy. Got mine at Publix.

Not sure how much cruising you've done. Suitcases go under the beds.

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

On Fascination the third closet also has a door. the closet rod in the full length closets is high enough to hang a floor-length gown without the hem dragging. the third "closet" is actually shelf space, as shown.

You can see the desk drawers in one of the photos. Between them and the closet shelves, that's all the storage space you have, but we've never run out of space in a cabin.

Luggage, except for ridiculously oversized roll-ons, stores under the bed(s). Rusty and I don't believe in living out of suitcases, we'll unpack for an overnight stay on a motel. We "nest" our suitcases so there's even more room.

I got my over the door shoe holder at a dollar store. It goes on the inside of the bathroom door and sure helps, especially with 3 people. If you don't have enough hangers, your steward will bring more.

Sometimes they don't bring ice in the evening when they turn down the beds. Just tell him if you want new ice every night.

If you need extra pillows you can get those, too.

Be sure to be out on deck for sail away. The ship goes past some pretty homes, under a gorgeous bridge, past the marshes and Intracoastal Waterway and past the Navy Base and out to see. One of the best sail always I've seen.

A short comment about packing... 2 weeks out pack everything you are taking, realize it's way to much. One week out do the same with paired down list, realize again it's way to much! Finally about half or less will do for the final packing. Heck a couple of swimsuits, some shorts/tops and one(just ONE) "formal" night outfit, plus underwear/loungingware, flip flops/sneakers and dress shoes will do you!

See, I think having the beds in the "L" configuration seems to really open up the floor space.

I'm gotten pretty used to sailing solo, but we'll have 3 females in an inside next Sunday. I've already warned them that there is virtually NO shelf space in the bathroom. Never thought the over-the-door thing was necessary, but since one of them is a hairdresser (and so will probably bring EVERYTHING since we're driving), that just might be necessary. :p

See, I think having the beds in the "L" configuration seems to really open up the floor space.

I'm gotten pretty used to sailing solo, but we'll have 3 females in an inside next Sunday. I've already warned them that there is virtually NO shelf space in the bathroom. Never thought the over-the-door thing was necessary, but since one of them is a hairdresser (and so will probably bring EVERYTHING since we're driving), that just might be necessary. :p

We've tried both ways and personally prefer having beds to left and right. Also it opens up the floor in front of the window.

DD and I both brought our door hangers - hung one inside bathroom door, the other on the outside of the closet, near the desk/mirror area.

I'm trying to attach pics, but having trouble getting them to upload. :mad:

door.jpg.8412291335ac6f8295eef1205bfd08b0.jpg

My two teenagers just shared an OV room this month and with just them 2 in there it seemed pretty cramped, I wouldnt do 3 people... thats just me.:D

We use the 3 person OV configuration when our second child doesn't travel with us. For the amount of time we're in the room, it works perfectly fine.

The only time we have a hassle is when DS wants to nap during the day and the bunk is folded away. We just let him use the bed and we wander the ship for awhile.

Archived