Question for Copper 10-8

solocanadian

Alrighty then Copper 10-8, since everyone seems to be inquiring as to who the Captain.. Hotel Director..COM .. DRM and CD are, may I be one more PIA and ask you for the Veendam in Dec to HNL?:D

Capt - Pieter Bos:) Awesome Captain!

HD - Simon de Boer

COM - Cliff Strerath

DRM - Ketut Johnny Athena Frederix aka "Mr. Johnny"

CD - unk at this time/Linda Minnikin's replacement

Always subject to change/enjoy VEDM and Hawaii!

Hi Copper

would you know who will be sailing as Captain.. Hotel Director..COM .. DRM and CD

this is our 3rd adventure in as many years on this Transatlantic Europe cruise

BTW..it sure beats 'pushing' a PD.. 23 years retired this past July 30.. and never looked back :) ( Suffolk County , NY)

thanx much

Where in Suffolk County? My DH is from Huntington, N.Y. & belonged to the Huntington Manor Fire Dept, before we were married..I grew up in Nassau & worked at JFK for a several years... We took early retirement & moved to FLa because we loved to sail & only could do that in the summer on L.I.

Sending a Thank You to you & Copper 10-8 for keeping us safe!.

Cheers..Betty

Edited by serendipity1499

We really enjoyed Linda Minnikin on the Maasdam last Dec. We really hoped she would still be there this Dec., but no. Maybe on the Volendam or Oosterdam next Sept. 2014 or 2015, she gets our vote?

Edited by boards

We really enjoyed Linda Minnikin on the Maasdam last Dec. We really hoped she would still be there this Dec., but no. Maybe on the Volendam or Oosterdam next Sept. 2014 or 2015, she gets our vote?

Linda is a very good CD; spent two Christmas/New Year celebrations with her as CD on Maasie. She's going to Statendam and Hawaii/Tahiti next, and will be on Prinsendam for the first half of 2014

Capt - Pieter Bos:) Awesome Captain!

HD - Simon de Boer

COM - Cliff Strerath

DRM - Ketut Johnny Athena Frederix aka "Mr. Johnny"

CD - unk at this time/Linda Minnikin's replacement

Always subject to change/enjoy VEDM and Hawaii!

Dear John: I was so sorry to see Pieter Bos leave the Volendam. He was an awesome Captain and was the absolute best on the inside passage!

Dear John: I was so sorry to see Pieter Bos leave the Volendam. He was an awesome Captain and was the absolute best on the inside passage!

Capt. Bos loves the wildlife in Alaska and always has a "who can spot the first bear ashore" contest for crew and passengers going, complete with door prices;)

Yes it would

I have read Captains Log so I am aware of the author and the line he worked for I was also aware that Anthony Haywood was a CD but unsure on which ship.He used to be a frequent face in my living room on my TV and came across as having a great sense of humour,so I am more than happy to learn he will be the CD on my trip

Thanks for explaining. :)

Have a great cruise.

DRM - Hermenegildus Erni Hanzlagut or just "Gildus"

COM - Roland Borsje

Always subject to change!

Enjoy PRDM, Pettifogger! Semper Fi!

Never, never, never, JUST Gildus. We miss him so much.

Maitre d' extraordinaire. Yes, I know it's now DRM but for us, Gildus will always be an impeccable Maitre d'.

We'd be so thrilled to see him again.

Hi Stakeout; very cool name - we use 'Code-5' for that task in Calif;)

Capt - Unk at this time/poss. Anne Jan Smit

HD - Francois Birarda

COM - Andreas Noemayr

DRM - Ida Bagus Sugiantha

CD - Harvey Kowbel

Thanks for serving your 23 years/quite an accomplishment, especially in today's environment!

Enjoy Maasie and her crew/Great ship!:)

many thanx for that info.. we were with Bagus on our last 56 day cruise on the Statendam ending this past March.. Canal-Hawaii-Tahiti-Canal..

I've been outta there and retired for 23 years since 1990..I did my 20 ( all that's needed anywhere in NY State) and I was gone.. :)

Where in Suffolk County?

Cheers..Betty

lived in Medford ..between exit 64-65 south of the LIE.. been down here retired in southeastern NC along the coast--just north of Myrtle Beach-- for the past 23 years.. we go back up that way one or two times a year for holidays with relatives for very short stays.......crowds .. traffic and the hustle-bustle up there these days 'send' us back ready to book yet another cruise :)

Could you let me know who's who on the Statendam Nov03/13. The usual Captain, Hotel Manager, Cruise Director, Ex Chef, Diningroom Manager and Guest Relation. Thanking you in advance. Take care.

Capt - Albert Schoonderbeek

HD - Bert van Mackelenbergh

CD - Linda Minnikin

EChef - Franz Schaunig

DRM - Putu Donny Dharmawan

GRM - Unk at this time

See ya there!

Capt - Albert Schoonderbeek

HD - Bert van Mackelenbergh

CD - Linda Minnikin

EChef - Franz Schaunig

DRM - Putu Donny Dharmawan

GRM - Unk at this time

See ya there!

Is Linda making a really quick transition to the Prinsendam?

Roy

Capt. Edward van Zaane, Father

It was NICE to read that Edward VanZaane [ and his DARLING wife Apolonia] are still sailing actively. The last time we saw them WAS on the NIEUW Amsterdam but we first knew them on several Grand cruises in the mid-2000s into Asia/Australia, on the Amsterdam and REALLY felt they are special!

I don't remember WHY now but on one of the earlier cruises I wrote Apolonia a "Thank You" note for something -and then heard that simply wasn't done; I became known as the "Thank-you note lady!" [ not a bad thing! ] They are a LOVELY and CHARMING couple and I'm glad to hear about them!

We'll be on the Amsterdam next month/WWII theme cruise in Asia -I believe FRed Everson is the Captain and we enjoy him too; They SHARED those duties/Capt on the Amsterdam! Memorable cruise; memorable PEOPLE!

Thank You, Copper -your information is always welcome! :) Anne

.................We'll be on the Amsterdam next month/WWII theme cruise in Asia -I believe FRed Everson is the Captain and we enjoy him too; They SHARED those duties/Capt on the Amsterdam! Memorable cruise; memorable PEOPLE!

Thank You, Copper -your information is always welcome! :) Anne

Captain Eversen is joining AMDM on 20 Sep, Ma'am. Awesome itinerary, Enjoy! :)

This is our [?] 4th cruise ON HAL/ in Asia/ON the Amsterdam. I assumed when I retired I would 1. be bored 2. quit LEARNING. NONE of that is true and I've LOVED our adventures [PLUS a World Cruise/HAL -that took us thru the red sea/Suez and India and Egypt; which is what makes me sad about the recent politics in the Middle East; There is SO MUCH to see/learn/enjoy. It's called a "Bucket-list" and we've LOVED every minute!

Anne