Fremantle - any laundry near the port?

eel

We are doing the B2B on Radiance of the Seas next February. Since we will be at sea 33 days, we are trying to figure out how to get laundry done between legs. Royal Caribbean does not have self service laundry facilities and I am not sure if I trust their wash and fold service for things like pants, dress shirts or other nicer clothing items. If there is a self serve laundry near the port, we might take an hour or two to put up a few loads. If anyone here is familiar with the area and can give me a name and address, that would be much appreciated!

We are doing the B2B on Radiance of the Seas next February. Since we will be at sea 33 days, we are trying to figure out how to get laundry done between legs. Royal Caribbean does not have self service laundry facilities and I am not sure if I trust their wash and fold service for things like pants, dress shirts or other nicer clothing items. If there is a self serve laundry near the port, we might take an hour or two to put up a few loads. If anyone here is familiar with the area and can give me a name and address, that would be much appreciated!

If you Google up 'Laundromats Fremantle', you will find there are a couple in Freo CBD, Bannister St and Gibney St, not far from the port, 15 minute walk max.

Surely the ship's service is not that bad.[/quote

Spent 3 weeks on Sun Princess and used the laundry and pressing service on 3 occasions all with extremely satisfactory results.

I can't answer for RCI but X and Princess do a reasonable job with reasonable prices.:D

Well, if it was me, I'd be spending something on the laundry service on-board so that I could enjoy what Fremantle has to offer.

The FREE HOHO buses leave from the train station close to the Terminal, which takes you around the central Fremantle area. There are great seafood restaurants, the historic goal, even a boat trip across to Rottnest Island or the boat trip up to Perth on the Swan River may be possible.

Apart from where I live myself, Fremantle is one of my favourite places in Australia, definately NOT to be missed!

Others that live in the Perth area may have some more ideas but definately, laundry should not be your first priority! Just MHO of course!

Thanks for the advice and suggestions on fun things to do in Fremantle. I would prefer to do something fun in Freemantle as opposed to doing laundry. But I have done some research on laundry service on Royal Caribbean and apparently they don't sort colors and some people have had their stuff ruined. I suppose I could get some of it dry cleaned but that just seems like overkill for polo shirts, casual dresses and khaki pants.

Probably will do a test run with ships laundry mid-cruise and see how that works out. If we are unsatisfied, at least now I am aware of some options!

Probably will do a test run with ships laundry mid-cruise and see how that works out. If we are unsatisfied, at least now I am aware of some options!

Good plan, perhaps try to take clothes that are less likely to spoil and can stand up to the rougher laundry handling.

Enjoy your cruise in any case.:D

Archived