First time in Miami/Southbeach

puschi1906

We are in Miami (Southbeach) in November for the first time ever. We are staying 5 nights and don't have a rental car and we don't want to bee too stressed with sightseeing. Would like to have a good mix of beach time, sightseeing, drinks and food. :D

One day is already planned for a tour to the Everglades.

What is there that we really shouldn't miss in your opinion? The guidebook is full of information and suggestions, it's impossible to see everything in this little time:)

Thanks!

5 nights without a rental car? Depends on where you're staying. The Everglades is wild. Hopefully you're taking an airboat ride. Key Biscayne is beautiful with lots of beaches along the way. There's the Grove...Coconut Grove that's fully of entertainment. South Beach is busy fun. You won't be bored.

I was born in Miami but I haven't been to south beach in a long time. I would suggest you try tripadvisor.com for land opportunities. Good luck!

We're staying directly in Southbeach. We are used to walk a lot and to public transportation, so that doesn't bother us.

The everglades tour is with a tour company, we are taking an airboat ride.

As far as I have read, just walking around Southbeach can entertain us for a couple of days...

Yay to the airboat..it's scary fun. Well, depends on your driver. South Beach is not boring, you'll be entertained. Have fun! Check out trip advisor...they forwarded me to cruise critic. Loads of information if you just type in South Beach, or your hotel. Enjoy

First off you do not need a rental car. You will be fine walking and also taking taxis.

It's fun to walk along the beach and to also walk the boardwalk.

There are so many good restaurants and it's a fun place to people watch.

You may want to see if anything is playing at the Jackie Gleason Theatre while you are there.

http://fillmoremb.com/index

Keith

Definitely recommend Joe's Stone Crab in South Beach. It's a little pricy but the food was very good and the service was excellent.

I saw on one of the Food shows on TV the other day a hotdog shop that is right across from the beach and the owner is from like Colombia or somewhere like that and has brought all of these different hotdog toppings to the US, including potato chips and even sweets. It looked appealing and interesting.

Prime 112 is supposed to be outstanding too but we didn't have time to try it. I love the new idea of serving bacon as their bar snack.

There is so much to do in South Beach that you will NOT be bored for two days. I loved spending a day there this past June and I would not hesitate to spend more time there in the future.....it's definitely a unique place in the USA and is a real cultural icon type of city.

South Beach is a lot of fun and you certainly do not need a car.

Tons of good dining, shopping, nightlife, activities, lounges etc.

I personally don't get everyone's deal with the Everglades. It is a swamp full of mosquitos.

My blog is full of South Beach information. While I haven't updated it in a while, it is still full of good information. A couple of the hotels have had name changes.

Archived