Hairdyers on R ships

Host Sharon

I expect the answer to my query is somewhere on the boards but here goes. I seem to recall on P&O Adonia (ex R7) the hairdryer is fixed in the bathroom. Is it the same on Nautica please, as I will pack my own if so.

Thanks

I expect the answer to my query is somewhere on the boards but here goes. I seem to recall on P&O Adonia (ex R7) the hairdryer is fixed in the bathroom. Is it the same on Nautica please, as I will pack my own if so.

Thanks

We have always had another one in a drawer in our suites.

Thanks

Why didn't you use the "Search" feature? :confused:

Why didn't you use the "Search" feature? :confused:

Because I'm lazy, knew someone would have the answer - thanks guys, and am trying to gather stuff ready to pack as well as proof read a book text and generally multi-task!

Great - one less thing to pack - hooray!

...and actually - now I have a little time - a search reveals no helpful results at all - they just mention hairdryers are supplied but nothing as to where they are installed.

Sharon,

As someone who has searched various issues and found no real answers (!), I sympathize. I think the problem is that often these answers come WITHIN a thread ... and sometimes it's because of a digression.

I know that in the suites (PH -- and even A3 -- and above), there are additional hair dryers in one of the drawers in the bedroom in addition to the "fixed" hair dryer in the bathroom. I just didn't know if they were in all cabins.

But you should NOT need to bring your own.

Mura

Thanks Mura. Perhaps I will pack a travel one anyway. I hate bathroom hairdryers, mainly because I have curly hair so the steam residue from the shower makes it frizz, but also as I will be sharing the cabin with a female friend, I don't want to clog up the bathroom :)

Thanks Mura. Perhaps I will pack a travel one anyway. I hate bathroom hairdryers, mainly because I have curly hair so the steam residue from the shower makes it frizz, but also as I will be sharing the cabin with a female friend, I don't want to clog up the bathroom :)

They have handheld dryers but you cannot use them in the bathroom

They do have an outlet at the desk with a mirror

I have short hair & the bathroom one works for getting it mostly dry but prefer the hand held one

Sharon,

If you're like me you may prefer yours to the one they provide as well. I always seem to like best the one I know the best! I have curly hair as well -- well, more wavy these days than curly anymore -- and have little patience waiting for my hair to dry (which probably takes 3 minutes if I really did it) ... so I often just go off with it sopping wet!

I can do that now that my hair is short. When it was long, I absolutely could NOT have gone off with it still wet.

Mura

I've never seen a thread on hairdryers and I'm so glad there is one. I have an on-going question about hairdryers. I have very thick hair and need a hairdryer with at least 1600 watts -- preferably 1875. Does anyone know the wattage on the dryers. It would save room in my suitcase. Thanks

I haven't been on these threads in a while and I noticed my post was at the bottom, rather than the top, so I thought I'd try again. I'm wondering if the wattage of the hairdryers is at least 1600. My hair is thick so 1875 is better but 1600 will do. I'm glad someone asked about hairdryers.

I haven't been on these threads in a while and I noticed my post was at the bottom, rather than the top,

You can change the way your posts are displayed by changing it in USER CP top left

scroll down to edit options then thread display mode & change to newest first

then your post or new posts will be at the top of thread

No need to post again others will see it... but maybe no one has the answer ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't been on these threads in a while and I noticed my post was at the bottom, rather than the top, so I thought I'd try again. I'm wondering if the wattage of the hairdryers is at least 1600. My hair is thick so 1875 is better but 1600 will do. I'm glad someone asked about hairdryers.

Holly,

My hair is very long and thick and I haven't problems with the hair dryer on the ships of Oceania

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Holly,

My hair is "bob" length, very thick and curly, and I am trying to force it into a straight style. Even though the dryer in the cabins is strong enough, I still bring my Conair dual-voltage 1875 travel-size dryer. I have tried using the O dryer but always end up preferring my own! I also bring an extension cord and European adaptor plug since I can then use any of the plugs in the cabin if something is already in the U.S. one.

Have a great cruise.

Billie

Archived