Splendor... Stuff that only CC people want to know!

Catrin

Hi Everyone,

Just off the Splendor... will have a full review this week.

But in the meantime.. answers to questions that only people who read CC seem to care about!!

Pizza - new Pizza, thin crust, horribly slow to produce.

Platinum Gift - We received the Tervis Tumblers

No 2.0 Upgrades - Old Burgers and Hotdogs

Mongolian Wok, Burrito Bar and Rotisserie Chicken upstairs.

Comedy Club - yes, they make you empty the room between performers.

Piano Bar Hailey - a lot better than the reviews read here.

Aft Pool - Adults only - witnessed removing kids during the rowdy afternoon hours.

Swim Diapers - Yuk...totally ignored.

and...

Chair Hogs - the worst I have seen in 14 cruises. Much more on that later.

Catrin

dont forget the confusing layout with decks 3,4. I had to help a few people who where leaving in the aft dinning room trying to figure out the best way to the theater

See.. I don't find that confusing at all... since it is the exact same as the Liberty, Valor, Freedom, Conquest, Glory, etc. ;)

Deck FIVE is the key!!

Catrin

Thanks so much for these tips! I'm so excited for my 9/22 sailing.

I'm not sure if I will like that pizza, but I only eat pizza if there is nothing else so I guess I won't mind the wait at 2 am (I would probably just order room service anyway).

I'm not looking forward to chair hogs at all! I can't stand them! I usually bring a dry erase board and leave it on my chair detailing that I went to get a drink etc. if the chair pickings are really bad. I think it is common courtesy to only leave for a few minutes, not be gone all afternoon then take a seat at 3pm! I started bringing my dry erase board after taking a dip in the pool and my chair was stolen at a resort- I was swimming right there- can't a girl take a dip LOL?!?!

I'm hoping there will be less people on this cruise since it is in September, less lines & less chair hogs!

I am happy that the 2.0 upgrades aren't in place yet- my husband LOVES the Mongolian Wok!

I heard there is no pool/hot tub at the serenity deck (boo!) Are there misters at least? On the Imagination they had a hot tub and misters- the hot tub was too hot for me, but I liked cooling off with the misters every once in a while!

Thanks again for your input!!!

See.. I don't find that confusing at all...

since it is the exact same as the Liberty, Valor, Freedom, Conquest, Glory, etc. ;)

Deck FIVE is the key!!

Precisely.

OR...since I'm usually on Deck 2,

it's so easy to walk the entire length of the ship in either direction

and then make your way up to whatever level you're headed towards! ;)

Nothing beats experience - and studying Deck Plans beforehand!

Having now cruised Destiny, Victory, Valor and Glory...

this generic layout is a piece of cake

but I do remember it being a but confusing on our First Cruise (Destiny)

dont forget the confusing layout with decks 3,4. I had to help a few people who where leaving in the aft dinning room trying to figure out the best way to the theater

We've gotten used to this because it is an issue on ALL ships, except the Spirit Class. To be fair, it is only a deck 3 issue on the Dream Class.

I was on the July 20th sailing and another thing I found that many people do not know about is on decks 6, 7, 8. You walk all the way bow (front), Depends on what side you on, but there is a door to the right or left at the end of the hallway. It will lead you to a deck that is windy, but it is the front of the ship where you have great views, I spent a lot of time there taking pictures.

We used deck nine to get across. The ship is like so many of Carnival's ships that we did not see a problem. After reading on CC that it was going to be so difficult I was so surprised to find the ease in which I could get around the ship.

My husband and Grandchildren lived at the pizza place and I never heard a complaint about slowness. Wonder if it was the person working at the time.

The chair hogs were out in full force when we were on her also. Nothing was done about the towels left for hours. Started about 6 and they arrived about 10. Funny thing one day the seas were rough and all the chair hogs got a surprise when they came down. Wet stuff. The pool emptied!! I honestly don't let them bother me. I just feel sorry for their poor up bringing and lack of common courtesy for their ship mates.

Looking forward to your review to see if we had pretty much the same experience. We enjoyed our cruise a lot. Had read some very negative reviews and were pleasantly surprised that our experience was different.

Archived