Booking the early morning train from Seward to Anchorage post cruise

BrusselsGirl07

We will be disembarking Celebrity Millennium in Seward in August next year at the end of our cruise. Is there a morning train that Celebrity passengers are able to utilise, and if so, how do I book this? I have searched this thread and found mention of the early train (departs at 7am and arrives at 11.30am), but now how to go about booking and if it is open to everyone.

We would have already driven from Anchorage to Seward before we started our cruise as we are doing a B2B and would have already spent time exploring Seward. So we would be looking to get to Anchorage in enough time to catch an afternoon flight.

Any advice or first hand experience would be appreciated. Thank you!

HAL offers the same train to go from Seward to Anchorage and it is listed under Shore Excursions on the HAL site.

Since you are talking about August 2014 -- it is possible that it is not yet listed on Celebrity's shore excursions. You may have to wait a few months before it opens up.

We will be disembarking Celebrity Millennium in Seward in August next year at the end of our cruise. Is there a morning train that Celebrity passengers are able to utilise, and if so, how do I book this?
We just booked it right on the ship.

It is very handy as the morning train pulls up in front of the cruise terminal and you board it there, so you don't even need to go over to the train station.

We just walked out the door of the terminal and got on the train.

Since you will have the opportunity to spend previous time in Seward, I would recommend taking one of the wonderful Kenai Fjords cruises there. As Budget Queen always says, make sure it is at least a six hour cruise that gets you out of Resurrection Bay and up into the fjords for wonderful scenery and wildlife sightings.

The shorter cruises that only travel around inside the bay are very disappointing by comparison.

Thanks for the advice! Hopefully it is something we can book with Celebrity, I just had not heard any one sailing with them and taking the morning train, only Princess and HAL.

Yes, we are already booked on a 9 hour Kenai Fjords cruise and are really looking forward to it. This was one of the hardest choices for me - I was tossing up between Kenai Fjords Tours, Major Marine and Salwater Lodge, and in the end, we went with Saltwater Lodge. Should be a fantastic trip! We are also hoping to book some of the encounters at the sealife centre when they open their bookings for 2014.

We have used the RCI cruise contracted train transfers from Seward to the Anchorage airport, and just as recently as our May 17th cruise.. It is $101.00pp and can only be booked directly with your cruiseline..we booked ours very far in advance as there is limited seating and this popular transfer books up early (don't wait and certainly don't wait until you get onboard)..It leaves from right next to where the ship docks at 7:30am and arribes right to the doors of ANC at 11:30am...If you have a flight home that day your flights must be booked no earlier than 2:30pm to participate..An amazing 126 mile narrated trip...Enjoy !!!!

Yes, we are already booked on a 9 hour Kenai Fjords cruise and are really looking forward to it. This was one of the hardest choices for me - I was tossing up between Kenai Fjords Tours, Major Marine and Salwater Lodge, and in the end, we went with Saltwater Lodge. Should be a fantastic trip! We are also hoping to book some of the encounters at the sealife centre when they open their bookings for 2014.

If you are interested in saving money, you might want to wait to make some of your tour bookings. You can almost always find discounts for some of these tours like the Sealife Center encounters and many of the Kenai Fjords tours (though I haven't seen a big discount for the Northwestern Fjords tour in a few years). The coupon books come out in the fall, mid October or early November.

We have used the RCI cruise contracted train transfers from Seward to the Anchorage airport, and just as recently as our May 17th cruise.. It is $101.00pp and can only be booked directly with your cruiseline..we booked ours very far in advance as there is limited seating and this popular transfer books up early (don't wait and certainly don't wait until you get onboard)..It leaves from right next to where the ship docks at 7:30am and arribes right to the doors of ANC at 11:30am...If you have a flight home that day your flights must be booked no earlier than 2:30pm to participate..An amazing 126 mile narrated trip...Enjoy !!!!

So was this an option in the RCI shore excursions? At the moment, Celebrity only has bus transfers from Seward to Anchorage that include tours, and we really want to take the train. Thanks!

So was this an option in the RCI shore excursions? At the moment, Celebrity only has bus transfers from Seward to Anchorage that include tours, and we really want to take the train. Thanks!

No..not considered an excursion and "not" mentioned or "bookable" on their (RCI) website...I called RCI directly (and would assume you should call Celebrity and inquire about this). This is a transfer option that is offered..it's their cruise contracted train transfer from Seward to ANC (and is also available from ANC-Seward)...I would think X would offer it also since RCI does.

If you are interested in saving money, you might want to wait to make some of your tour bookings. You can almost always find discounts for some of these tours like the Sealife Center encounters and many of the Kenai Fjords tours (though I haven't seen a big discount for the Northwestern Fjords tour in a few years). The coupon books come out in the fall, mid October or early November.

I agree, but $50 is a decent discount per person, for the Northwestern Fjords tour. :) Better than not getting it.

Archived