Tenders to Bar Harbor

lenquixote66

Be forewarned! When we took our NE cruise 2 years ago, the tender was full of seniors with limited mobility. It took us over 30 minutes to disembark the tender as they were struggling to walk up the gangplank in Bar Harbor. We had an excursion booked with Ollie's Trolley and almost missed it. Be sure to stay near the exit..don't sit down if you want to avoid the wait. My heart ached for those struggling with the uphill ramp. :(

Be forewarned! When we took our NE cruise 2 years ago, the tender was full of seniors with limited mobility. It took us over 30 minutes to disembark the tender as they were struggling to walk up the gangplank in Bar Harbor. We had an excursion booked with Ollie's Trolley and almost missed it. Be sure to stay near the exit..don't sit down if you want to avoid the wait. My heart ached for those struggling with the uphill ramp. :(

I don't know the advantage of sitting near the exit. On the tenders that we have been on we had to always wait for them to help those needing assistance off of the boat first as they are always right at exit.

I don't know the advantage of sitting near the exit. On the tenders that we have been on we had to always wait for them to help those needing assistance off of the boat first as they are always right at exit.

I can only speak from my experience which was the few that were mobile and near

the exit were let off first.

Archived