L-Shaped Cabins on the Dream

Scubagirl713

Looking at 15 March cruise on the Dream and thinking about one of the L-shaped cabins. I would love to hear any thoughts from the CC community on these cabins. I have looked at some videos on youtube, but still on the fince between this and the regular shaped large-balcony cabins (same price). One big concern, does the bed have to be in a king configuration or can it be split into 2 twins (me and my SIL going)? I haven't seen any videos or pics that show the split bed configuration.

Thanks to all!

I had an L-Shaped on the Victory and loved it - except it was above the karaoke lounge so the bass was a little annoying at night. I do not think the beds can be split but have read differing opinions depending on the ship. I have also read that sometimes the headboard is against the window side of the room and sometimes it's against the opposite wall. In our cabin, the beds could not be split and the little table between the couch and the bed was bolted down as well. I would book another one but would make sure it was a deck higher so we were above other cabins next time. Here are a few pictures if that helps:

L-shaped3_zps16aef7ec.jpg

L-shaped2_zps7778bf01.jpg

Lshape_zps99992c9a.jpg

L-shaped4_zps5aa89f28.jpg

Looking at 15 March cruise on the Dream and thinking about one of the L-shaped cabins. I would love to hear any thoughts from the CC community on these cabins. I have looked at some videos on youtube, but still on the fince between this and the regular shaped large-balcony cabins (same price). One big concern, does the bed have to be in a king configuration or can it be split into 2 twins (me and my SIL going)? I haven't seen any videos or pics that show the split bed configuration.

Thanks to all!

I had an L shaped room on Triumph. Those beds could not have been split - not enough room. However, the bed faced the windows, so we could look out at the sea in the morning. We had a lounge chair on the balcony as well as 2 side chairs. I would book that room again in a heartbeat!

erby2283, looks like you had 4 chairs on the balcony, did you have a lounger as well or I am guessing that is an either/or sort of thing. Was it uncomfortable at all having the bathroom right next to the bed like I see?

We spend quite a bit of time on the balcony just reading on sea days and I love to get up with the sunrise and to watch us pull into ports with breakfast out there, so I think we will probably do it, just concerned about the whole single bed thing. Only because I am a fidgeter at night and don't want to be waking up my SIL with my constant jostling.

erby2283, looks like you had 4 chairs on the balcony, did you have a lounger as well or I am guessing that is an either/or sort of thing. Was it uncomfortable at all having the bathroom right next to the bed like I see?

We spend quite a bit of time on the balcony just reading on sea days and I love to get up with the sunrise and to watch us pull into ports with breakfast out there, so I think we will probably do it, just concerned about the whole single bed thing. Only because I am a fidgeter at night and don't want to be waking up my SIL with my constant jostling.

We did not have a lounger but i have read that others have requested that some of the chairs be replaced with a lounger and have been obliged. You could "hear" the other person in the bathroom but I "hear" the other person in the bathroom in a regular bathroom too.

To me, it just made the room feel a little bigger and it was awesome having such a big balcony - especially on the port intensive southern caribbean cruise! The table was kind of annoying but other than that, I liked it. I can never believe they are usually 8A categories either!

I had an L-Shaped on the Victory and loved it - except it was above the karaoke lounge so the bass was a little annoying at night. I do not think the beds can be split but have read differing opinions depending on the ship. I have also read that sometimes the headboard is against the window side of the room and sometimes it's against the opposite wall. In our cabin, the beds could not be split and the little table between the couch and the bed was bolted down as well. I would book another one but would make sure it was a deck higher so we were above other cabins next time. Here are a few pictures if that helps:

L-shaped3_zps16aef7ec.jpg

L-shaped2_zps7778bf01.jpg

Lshape_zps99992c9a.jpg

L-shaped4_zps5aa89f28.jpg

We have an L shaped balcony on the Dream next month...Do all L shaped balconies have a couch? I thought I read somewhere that cabin 6484 did not have a couch..?

We have an L shaped balcony on the Dream next month...Do all L shaped balconies have a couch? I thought I read somewhere that cabin 6484 did not have a couch..?

All L-shaped cabins are not the same on each ship/class. That's why some beds split into twins and some don't. And some have couches and some don't. And some have lounges on the balcony and some don't. You would definitely have to ask someone who has been on the exact ship and even then, you're answers may vary...... I had one person argue with me about the fact that my room didn't have a couch..even when I showed them the picture...lol.

Edited by erby2283

All L-shaped cabins are not the same on each ship/class. That's why some beds split into twins and some don't. And some have couches and some don't. And some have lounges on the balcony and some don't. You would definitely have to ask someone who has been on the exact ship and even then, you're answers may vary...... I had one person argue with me about the fact that my room didn't have a couch..even when I showed them the picture...lol.

Good to know. I LOVE my PVP, hopefully she will be able to talk intellegently to the amenities in the ones on the Dream when I book tonight. And you are right, these are the first pics I've seen with a couch in one of the rooms, usually I guess it is table and chairs only.

Thanks for the reply.I would ask my PVP, but It seems I know more about the rooms than her...lol..She didn't know what an L shaped was when I asked last year..also, some of the aft cabins are bigger than others on the conquest..;)

If you can get cabin 2485 on the Dream, take it. It's at least half again as big as the regular cabins, and it has two picture windows instead of one. It also has 1-1/2 bathrooms. The small one has a shower/tub and a sink. I have had that cabin on the Dream and Breeze and it's awesome!

Edited by nwcruiselover

If you can get cabin 2485 on the Dream, take it. It's at least half again as big as the regular cabins, and it has two picture windows instead of one. It also has 1-1/2 bathrooms. The small one has a shower/tub and a sink. I have had that cabin on the Dream and Breeze and it's awesome!

My daughter books this cabin every chance she can get. It will be our third time in this room, once on the Breeze and twice on the Dream.

Thanks to all!

They can be split.

We had L-shaped on the Dream last November with twin beds....it works fine. Only disappointment was no sofa. We also had regular balcony cabin next door and they opened ( even website said NO to does not connect ) the door between the 2 cabins and we had about a 25' balcony ...had like 3 chairs and a lounger or 2 and table....LOADS of room.....LOVED IT.... only other problem was bathroom door kept hitting the bed but it was ok with us...laughed about it and enjoyed the balcony !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all!

We had an L-shaped cabin on the Dream on the Verandah deck port side. No sofa but the huge balcony was wonderful (2 chairs, one lounger, and one table). Also, because it's so far aft, there wasn't an obstructed view from the lanai. We had the king set-up, but I would think it could be split into twins.

We do like the bigger balconies and have had them on a few cruises. However, we love the cove balconies on the Dream class!!!

My personal preference on the Dream....cove first, L-shaped with large balcony second, regular balcony third. Of course, aft wrap would probably trump them all but I haven't stayed in one of those yet.

Edited by Happy0810

We had cabin 8469.....you will love it. Wish we could of taken one for this next cruise...but taking the granddaughters and the cabins are only avail for 2. the balcony was amazing and would be very helpful for 4 people....oh well we will crowd up on our little one....HA!!!

Thanks, nwcruiselover, i have that cabin for an Oct 12 cruise. Were the beds together as a king cuz thats what I asked for. Was the any vibrations or noise from the dining room above

My daughter books this cabin every chance she can get. It will be our third time in this room, once on the Breeze and twice on the Dream.

Hi there colorfulstorm, i have that cabin on the 12th of Oct, I see you have it for the week before. It's my 1st time in that cabin and I was a bit worried til the last 2 comments.

• 8 months later...

Hi, I am booked on the carnival dream L shape cabin 2485. I was wondering if you have photos of your room you could share. Thanks so much.

Thanks to all!