Which port do I skip???

ganggreen88

Hello!! I would like to stay on the EPIC one day at a port of call. I figure its the best time to relax at the pool and just enjoy the boat with less of a crowd. Which stop is the best to skip? St. Maarten? St. Thomas? Bahamas? Thanks.

Hello!! I would like to stay on the EPIC one day at a port of call. I figure its the best time to relax at the pool and just enjoy the boat with less of a crowd. Which stop is the best to skip? St. Maarten? St. Thomas? Bahamas? Thanks.

Never been, but everything I've ever read on CC suggests that if you were to skip one, you should skip Nassau.

I've been to all 3 ports. Personal opinion is Nassau. St. Maarten was my favorite, followed by St. Thomas.

Hope this helps.

wasiii

Sent through the air with the greatest of ease from my Galaxy Nexus.

I'd skip Nassau. I have been there many times, so the novelty is long gone. On your way out, I feel they force you past the vendors to exit the terminal building. Last time there are so many cruise ships in that port that the town was very crowded. Then, to return to the ship, we had to wind back through the terminal to find a long line for an official to check your ID. The line was bad enough, but people cutting in made it move super slow. Next time we will just stay aboard.

We're unanimous, it's Nassau!! You will love having the ship to yourselves!

LOL. I doubt it. I don't know many who bother to get off the ship in Nassau (unless they are first time cruisers or it's their first trip to the Bahamas)

LOL. I doubt it. I don't know many who bother to get off the ship in Nassau (unless they are first time cruisers or it's their first trip to the Bahamas)

Or you enjoy buying inexpensive rum.

Our last trip we got off, bought 8 bottles of Ole Nassau, and got back onboard

Curious why to skip it. We'll be going there for our first time. Its the only island on the itinerary I haven't been to. Why is it so bad...or, why is it not good? (just curious)

Well, once you walk through the Straw Market and get accosted by 200 vendors all selling the exact same thing, then go to Senor Frogs which is like any other Senor Frogs you will understand.

Seriously though, if you have never been you should walk around and get to learn the history.

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/newprovidence/0251010008.html

------

I too vote for Nassau, that's what I did this Feb. I was only one in our group that stayed behind and I did go and walk around a bit, but as the port was full of ships, there were a million people there and I didn't find anything interesting so I got quickly back to the quietness of the ship and it's then very attending bartenders. :D

Curious why to skip it. We'll be going there for our first time. Its the only island on the itinerary I haven't been to. Why is it so bad...or, why is it not good? (just curious)

If you've never been there, DO get off the ship and do something there. It's just one of those places that 'once is enough'.

BUT...find yourself a good excursion to do.

We're unanimous, it's Nassau!! You will love having the ship to yourselves!

You thinK? From what I hear, just about EVERYONE stays on the ship in Nassau.

We're planned on spending the day at the British Colonial Hilton. They have an excellent offer for day passes. Would rather lounge at a quite pool on a bed or dip my feet in the Caribbean than fight the crowds at the ship's pool.

By the way, I would not skip St. Thomas or St. Maarten - lots to do on both these islands.

Skip the whole cruise. None of the ports are particularly interesting and all are full of cruise ship passengers as there are usually 3 or more ships in port

Since most people don't like Nassau you may find it difficult to enjoy the ship as you expect.

Archived