Booked! 23 day tahiti and fiji on legend!

Thebosn1

I just booked my 50th birthday present to myself, a repositioning cruise from LA to Sydney on the LEGEND! I have never done a long repositioning cruise before so any info or advise from anyone who has would be more than welcome. :D

I just booked my 50th birthday present to myself, a repositioning cruise from LA to Sydney on the LEGEND! I have never done a long repositioning cruise before so any info or advise from anyone who has would be more than welcome. :D

Wow -- that sounds awesome!:)

I am sorry I cannot give you any advise for this, but I have a question so, where do you find the rates for repositioning cruises?

WOW!!! just have tons of fun.. i'd love to do a cruise like that someday. . or just go to Tahiti someday :-) that would be a dream cruise so enjoy it!!! and take lots of pictures and post pics and a review when you get back. would love to hear about it!!

I am sorry I cannot give you any advise for this, but I have a question so, where do you find the rates for repositioning cruises?

I got the general rates on the Carnival web site and then called my PVP and he figured out the best discounts I could get and the final rate.

My husband & I did the repositioning cruise of the Spirit from LA to Australia. They'll do an Equator crossing party & everyone on board will become an official Shellback. You'll be losing a day on the way to Australia when you pass the International Date Line, then you'll gain the day back when you travel back to the U.S. We're scuba divers & the three Tahitian islands were spectacular, we especially liked Bora Bora. Fiji had good diving & so did Australia, but we found everything in Australia to be very expensive. There are lots & lots of sea days, so plenty of time for relaxation & getting to know your neighbors. Join the Roll Call, ours had some good parties & activities on board. Enjoy your cruise & your birthday, I wish we could go again!

Sally

Awesome - what an great b-day gift! Way too many days at sea for me though. :p Fiji is awesome by the way. :)

m also interested in this cruise. I see the rate for re-position Tampa to LA but not LA to Australia. Any help? Would love to see if possible to go. Thanks

If you go to Carnival.com, just search for a cruise and use only August 2014 and the Legend as your search criteria. Pulls up 2 in Tampa, then the 2 repositioning ones.

Thats even better than my TA from Vancouver to Calif this sept.

I agree with everyone else, sounds awesome.

It is better than our up-coming cruise to Hawaii. :) see ya real soon firefly, you should join us.

to the op, we are booked on this one to Australia also can't wait, see you folk's a little later. :)

I couldn't possibly take that much time from work at one shot. The longest so far is two weeks, and that was padded by an extra day on either end for travel.

However, someday when I retire, I hope to enjoy some reasonably long cruises.

I have no tips whatsoever but I just wanted to say that this sounds awesome!

This is exactly the kind of thing I want to do for milestones in my life. Live life to the fullest and enjoy your cruise!!! Oh, and tour Sydney as well! How Cool!!!:D

I'm also interested in this cruise. I see the rate for re-position Tampa to LA but not LA to Australia. Any help? Would love to see if possible to go. Thanks

You have to search by the actual August date. Prices were great.

My husband & I did the repositioning cruise of the Spirit from LA to Australia. They'll do an Equator crossing party & everyone on board will become an official Shellback. You'll be losing a day on the way to Australia when you pass the International Date Line, then you'll gain the day back when you travel back to the U.S. We're scuba divers & the three Tahitian islands were spectacular, we especially liked Bora Bora. Fiji had good diving & so did Australia, but we found everything in Australia to be very expensive. There are lots & lots of sea days, so plenty of time for relaxation & getting to know your neighbors. Join the Roll Call, ours had some good parties & activities on board. Enjoy your cruise & your birthday, I wish we could go again!

Sally

Sally,

Thank you. I am very excited about the trip and all the cool stuff that goes with it. One thing I was wondering was what to do with all those sea days. I am all about relaxing but do they still have activities going on most of the days? Shows, art auctions, etc?

Archived