Crown and Anchor

New cruiser here. I'm about to book my first cruise. It'll be the 8 day Caribbean on Grandeur in March. I've created some kind of account on RCI website, but I don't know if that's is the C&A account? If so, do I have do anything to get credit for my "days at sea" if I book through a TA, or is that automatically done? I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE cruising and just want to make sure I'm getting credit so I can catch all you D+ and higher people :eek:. Also if booking through a TA, do I have to give them any info from my RCI account, or does that all get done automatically? My wife will be cruising with me, does she need an account also, or are we tied to the same one? Many thanks in advance! :D

New cruiser here. I'm about to book my first cruise. It'll be the 8 day Caribbean on Grandeur in March. I've created some kind of account on RCI website, but I don't know if that's is the C&A account? If so, do I have do anything to get credit for my "days at sea" if I book through a TA, or is that automatically done? I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE cruising and just want to make sure I'm getting credit so I can catch all you D+ and higher people :eek:. Also if booking through a TA, do I have to give them any info from my RCI account, or does that all get done automatically? My wife will be cruising with me, does she need an account also, or are we tied to the same one? Many thanks in advance! :D

What you created on Royal's website is what they call a "My Cruises" account. You cannot join C&A until you are on board your first cruise, or after the cruise. Once you have your C&A number, you can associate it with your "My Cruises" account.

In the future, if you book with a TA, you would give them your C&A number so your cruises accrue points properly.

Sounds good. I will be sure to sign up during the cruise. Will that cruse count towards my days than, or is it kinda like "well sorry, but your first one doesn't count"?

Yes, your first cruise will count. You will be a Gold C&A member. Enjoy!

Sounds good. I will be sure to sign up during the cruise. Will that cruse count towards my days than, or is it kinda like "well sorry, but your first one doesn't count"?

You will get credit for your first cruise... you'll be a Gold Member with 8 credits when you go on your second.... :)

Any chance that you are booked in a suite? If so, you would receive 16 points. :)

Yes, your first cruise will count. You will be a Gold C&A member. Enjoy!

Absolutely correct.

However to be clear to the OP, you won't actually enjoy any of the benefits from being Gold until your second cruise as the points are accrued towards each tier level after the cruise on which they were earned and applied on your next cruise.

Archived