Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Morning Jeff,

That all looks great, most of my first order is Waitrose ready meals which l have to leave for Dad when I'm away. I did order the fish fingers!

I love that kind of bread but don't buy a lot as it doesn't get eaten....how is it for freezing? Come September I start to stock up the freezers for the winter in case we get snowed in!

Bloomin hot here already!

S:)

I wish I could encourage you to make bread. It is so easy and so therapeutic, and takes no time at all. It is so rewarding. I make a cheats sourdough which wifey prefers to sour sourdough.

Happy to start you off. :)

It probably doesn't freeze too well as it is hard when it's fresh. If you want some bread to store they do some long-life part baked baguettes which are good. Very long date.

Jeff:

the problem with these posts is that they have no dimension other that text, no inflection of tone nor facial expression, so we are left to read into them at times. I certainly did not take offense at anything said on the post nor did i think you were being grumpy.

I definitely appreciate that you think about lots of issues, and that you speak out.

isn't a discourse a good thing?

and now, risking the ire of some, and gingerly going out on a limb, i actually agree with you about the issue of the medication and cholesterol.

so on to the botanic issue of legumes and phytonutrients...

:)

Jeff:

the problem with these posts is that they have no dimension other that text, no inflection of tone nor facial expression, so we are left to read into them at times. I certainly did not take offense at anything said on the post nor did i think you were being grumpy.

I definitely appreciate that you think about lots of issues, and that you speak out.

isn't a discourse a good thing?

and now, risking the ire of some, and gingerly going out on a limb, i actually agree with you about the issue of the medication and cholesterol.

so on to the botanic issue of legumes and phytonutrients...

:)

You are correct and thanks for confirming I hadn't done any harm. I am a sensitive sod. :)

Discourse is a good thing but I normally get my face slapped for suggesting it. :eek:

It's 11:30 here and I still don't know what I'm having for my lunch today.

I bet you are really demob happy now with your countdown!

I wish I could encourage you to make bread. It is so easy and so therapeutic, and takes no time at all. It is so rewarding. I make a cheats sourdough which wifey prefers to sour sourdough.

Happy to start you off. :)

It probably doesn't freeze too well as it is hard when it's fresh. If you want some bread to store they do some long-life part baked baguettes which are good. Very long date.

I used to make my own bread, both from scratch and cheating with the packet stuff! I've also used those part baked baguettes....they're really good and I'll probably get some in for the winter....even though father won't eat them as he's frightened of breaking his teeth...;)

Did you know that the most common cause of denture breakage is bread....useless piece of trivia!!

Lamb chops here today with cauli cheese and roasters, followed by my quick fix kind of trifle for dessert....:cool:

I'm wilting......:eek:

S:)

And what's King George got to do with Whiting? :)

The first whiting identified was fished from King George Sound in Western Australia..........bet your sorry you asked now. :D

Jeff there are no chips because Mr L is losing weight, and his good wife is gorgeous and I will be visiting soon. I need to look into one of those air fryer things you use. By the way what is that picture you posted, they look yum and your condiments are?

specialcruisegirl I love trifle!!!

The first whiting identified was fished from King George Sound in Western Australia..........bet your sorry you asked now. :D

Jeff there are no chips because Mr L is losing weight, and his good wife is gorgeous and I will be visiting soon. I need to look into one of those air fryer things you use. By the way what is that picture you posted, they look yum and your condiments are?

He is batting above his wheight then ......;):D

Fishballs, extra hot horseradish, Jalopeno chillis, and Boston Ghurka.

Not a proper meal at all!:)

He is batting above his wheight then ......;):D

Fishballs, extra hot horseradish, Jalopeno chillis, and Boston Ghurka.

Not a proper meal at all!:)

Yummm that sounds delish........but I would have a nice crisp white with it. Are you still no alcohol? if so maybe soda water with a squeeze of fresh lime.

Always happy to learn something Julie.

I am wasting away while my wife is having lunch with an old girlfriend that she has made contact with after many years apart.

They are at the Coach House now quaffing Champagne.

I'm taking her to The Goring for her Birthday lunch on Sunday.

Not long now until you arrive in London.

I've had the heat turned up today ready for your arrival.

Well we loved the haddock battered fish fingers so much that I'm going to try the fillets next time. Going into my local branch later today and will see what's in stock and talk to the Boss about stocking those specific fish fingers.

I assume that sea bass is nice Jeff?

Sophia, I hope all goes well with your Ocado order. Did I or Jeff mention that if you give them your mobile number, they will send you a text on the day of delivery, prior to the delivery arriving, to tell you the name of your driver, which fruit/veg van and registration of said van, and also the crucial information about anything that may be missing from your order. They're normally very good, everything is usually in stock because they deliver from the distribution centre and not from the store itself. Although last year they had a few blips when they moved to a new location....I love lamb chops with cauli cheese. And trifle, wonderful in this weather.

Meant to say, there's a driver called Jesus in the Surrey area. An Ocado shopper was thrilled to get a text from them saying that "Jesus, in the courgette van, will deliver your order between 10am-11am"

Edited by Ravenscroft

Well we loved the haddock battered fish fingers so much that I'm going to try the fillets next time. Going into my local branch later today and will see what's in stock and talk to the Boss about stocking those specific fish fingers.

I assume that sea bass is nice Jeff?

Sophia, I hope all goes well with your Ocado order. Did I or Jeff mention that if you give them your mobile number, they will send you a text on the day of delivery, prior to the delivery arriving, to tell you the name of your driver, which fruit/veg van and registration of said van, and also the crucial information about anything that may be missing from your order. They're normally very good, everything is usually in stock because they deliver from the distribution centre and not from the store itself. Although last year they had a few blips when they moved to a new location....I love lamb chops with cauli cheese. And trifle, wonderful in this weather.

Meant to say, there's a driver called Jesus in the Surrey area. An Ocado shopper was thrilled to get a text from them saying that "Jesus, in the courgette van, will deliver your order between 10am-11am"

I hate to say this but the seabass is the best "fresh" fish we have eaten. All those years I thought that fresh was better. Wasted years. This is gutted and frozen immediately and you cannot smell it is fish when you use it. It is perfect fish. The frozen haddock in batter are center portions, but the Waitrose own value brand is cheaper exactly the same fish but the end portion. We prefer the thicker ones. Just like fish and chip shop fish.

Ocado also send an email to the email address with a summary of anything missing or substituted and a copy of the bill. If you "forget" to return an inappropriate substituion to the driver then you complete the form online and they refund you. Obviously Ocado have no stores so all Waitrose items come direct and haven't been near a store. It's lovely to have stuff that not's been thrown about. And of course when stuff is "on offer" you can add it to all future orders and preserve the offer price. You can't do that when you go into a shop! :)

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Always happy to learn something Julie.

I am wasting away while my wife is having lunch with an old girlfriend that she has made contact with after many years apart.

They are at the Coach House now quaffing Champagne.

I'm taking her to The Goring for her Birthday lunch on Sunday.

Friends of mine stayed at The Goring a few weeks ago and were very disappointed, dirty glasses in the bar and poor room service, l was surprised.

How did your Highgrove evening go Lux, hope you enjoyed it.

S :)

Unbelievable. I guess the event we had all feared would one day happen. Terrible. What can we say?

A passenger plane with 295 people on board has been shot down as it flew above eastern Ukraine, according to aviation sources.

The Malaysia Airlines plane, which was flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, was travelling at an altitude of 10km (6.2 miles) when it was shot down, Russia's Interfax reported.

The Boeing 777 was brought down by a Buk ground-to-air missile, an adviser to the Ukrainian interior ministry quoted by the news agency said.

The adviser said 280 passengers and 15 crew members who were on the plane are all believed to have died.

http://news.sky.com/story/1302864/malaysian-plane-shot-down-with-295-on-board

Unbelievable. I guess the event we had all feared would one day happen. Terrible. What can we say?

http://news.sky.com/story/1302864/malaysian-plane-shot-down-with-295-on-board

Just been watching the reports coming in and it is truly quite dreadful and ironically another Malaysian aircraft.

Speechless.

Absolute nightmare for the families of these poor, poor innocent people.

The combined effect of people realising that they are not safe at 33,000 feet and the wondering of how many of these arms are in the hands of these terrible new groups is sadly going to make many people worry about traveling. One can only guess at the repercussions of this.